Reply Writing: Prose
Letters to your characters. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mistress_D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:26 pm
This is one of my favorite games to play during NaNoWriMo season, and in fact I discovered it on the forums there. 3nodding

Basically all you do is compose a letter to a character you're writing. You can praise them for sucessfully furthering your plot; you can berate them for having uninteresting dialogue; you can apologize for killing them off on the third page; you can write anything you want! wink

It's not limited to characters, either. You can write to your muse, your plot, your computer, your desk chair, or anything you can think of.

I'm not actually writing anything right now, so I really don't have any current characters to write to, but just to get the ball rolling, I'll revisit some old ones. whee

Dear Jonathon,

Sorry your death was a bit anticlimactic. I know you wanted some last words, but I wanted it to be realistic. It really bugs me in movies when someone gets half their spleen blown out and then still manages to make a 20-minute speech. xp

But hey, you were kinda fun to write. wink Surly, antisociable guys are always fun to write when they do something uncharacteristic like fall in love. xd

I'm also sorry I didn't give you more of a background. Where the hell DID you come from, anyway?

Well, I hope you and Edmund are having a good time up there in my head. You guys really don't know how to die, do you? xd

Sincerely,

Your loving author

~

Dear Erik,

HAHA, YOU SUCK. xd

Like, majorly. xd Where the hell was your brain? You flip-flopped so much I made myself dizzy. Ever since I wrote for you, I haven't been able to watch Phantom of the Opera at ALL. It sits on my shelf collecting dust. Trying to get inside your head totally ruined it for me. THANKS SO MUCH. xp

So, as I was saying: You. suck. a. lot. biggrin

Sincerely,

Your irritated author

~

Dear Cheryl,

Sorry I killed you like that. You deserved better. But hey, if it wasn't for you, there would be no story. There practically isn't anyway. xd But if it's any consolation, your death was fun to write. xd

You were a little TOO perfect though. Stop being such a Sue all the time. You could have at least given Brian a little more time to fall in love with you so that I could have drawn the story out. Although maybe that was for the best. It was losing steam as it was. xp

Have fun making bebiez with Brian in the afterlife of my head. wink

Sincerely,

Your loving author  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:45 pm
I'm going to move this to the writing subforum. It's a great idea!  

penandpaper67
Captain

5 to midnight
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:11 pm
Yay! This looks like fun!!!! I'll keep this in mind the next time I have a story.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:31 am
Haha, so many smileys!

That's a great idea! It's a shame I keep changing the plot/characters for the book I plan on writing... some time in the future. Seeing how I keep changing things around, though, I probably won't start writing it for another 50 years. xd

But when I finally do think up a character, I'll make sure to write a letter to him/her/it! lol  

Collote
Crew

wildcat_7222

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:25 pm
Dear Tracie,

Hey. Yah you might be the main character in the book but it was so fun to kill you off. Mostly by the guy you were in love with. Haven't you every heard the saying Love Kills? Well now you know it's true. I'm not sure if Deven was truly sorry for killing you. But hey your dead now so No hard feelings right?

You just had to cry didn't you? Making your worst fears come. It all started cause you were different. But hey you had some good times too didn't you? Wait I lied your life was Hell. Well you are yelling at me now so guess you really aren't dead. Oh and Hey thanks for keeping the story going with your sad self.

Love so much,

The author that killed you off. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:47 pm
Dear Nurse Raven Ruby,

I'm so sorry that I killed you off within only a couple of minutes of you being in the story. It must have been quite painful, having a bullet shrapnel piercing your head with glass ricochetting about. I know I should have kept you alive, but the plot needed to be furthered and your life didn't mean a thing to the story.

Yet I must say, it was rather fun to kill you and your cousin off, and it will be fun to kill of your other cousins and sisters in future chapters. twisted

Either way, I thought I'd write this because I thought you'd want to know that I think you are deranged.

From,
Your awesome author who just happens to hate you.  

XGamerRichy

FigTreeDoctor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:31 pm
Dearest Birdie,

I am somewhat regretful for killing you. But hell, you're an 18 year old cat for Pete's sake! I think it's about time you dropped dead of something. I didn't want to make it dramatic because I figured that would be cruel to do that to a cat. But I nevertheless wish you happiness in the litterbox of my imagination.

Love,

Your owner

Dear Cob,

I am NOT sorry I killed you, you deviant. Burn in imaginary hell. That's all I've got to say to you, sir.

Hate,

Your lord and master  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:27 am

Dear plot,

Why are you so long and complicated?

~Your dear beloved author.

Chlerys

medusa56

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:37 pm
Dear Kevin,

Please do something in the plot OTHER than being in the band. Don't take this the wrong way, you're second on my hottie list, but seriously. You could get engaged to Amanda, in fact I'll put that in right now.
- heart your beloved author

------------------------------------------

Dear Joe,
So far the ONLY time you've been in the book is when Rachel was writing. I can't think of anything for you to do, so you can just be in Rachel's turns.

- heart your beloved author

-----------------------------------------

Dear Nick,
I know in the book you're my BF, but nothing's really happening. Make a move, cheat on me, ANYTHING! I'm desperate! I'll have Rachel think of something, but until then, my character's an orphan, Rachel and Amanda adopted me, and now we're all date member's of your band.
Nick, please don't take this the wrong way, but just read Kevin's, you may be a little bit bigger character, but so far only about two paragraphs have been interesting, AND neither of us are in them.
Once again don't take this the wrong way, I really DO care, that's why I'm criticising you.

- heart Your beloved author  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:51 pm
Heheheh. I wrote a whole bunch of these a while ago. Only they were letters from my characters to me, rather than vice versa. I guess I'll try one of these then. Hmm...

Dear Az,

Gah, why am I so obsessed with you? I'm always drooling over you or being all 'OMG AZ IS SO COOL ZOMG' and crap, but honestly, what's up with that? You don't do anything aside from hang out with your friends and angst and eat brownies and act like a whiny little pretty boy. You're overly girly and gothy no matter what I do, and could you just take five minutes and appreciate your life a little bit? I know you're angry about me wanting to kill you before, but I'm not going to anymore, alright? (Even if I am going to maybe get rid of a certain other person... which will maybe make you more angry.) But still... I can't give you a real plot until you stop angsting about how depressing your life is and actually start caring about something.

Seriously. Cheer up. biggrin
Your author

---------------------

Dear Despera,

I'm sorry to inform you that as the main character of the story I've been working on for years... you aren't particularly interesting. It's weird, but the more I improve the plot, the less part in it you seem to have. These days the only reason you're there at all is to make sure I have enough female characters, and to make your brother feel guilty about lying to his family.
Maybe there's something I don't know about you yet that will help me figure it all out. You are awfully quiet... and probably have some secrets I don't know about. The thing is, I can't wait forever for you to tell me. If you continue to be such a flat character... I'm going to have to make your brother the main character and take you out of the story completely. And you know it's going to go downhill fast if that happens. Just like when I made Az the main character of my other story and he got spoiled rotten. *cough*
But anyway, I really don't want to do this to you. Help me out a little, please?

Sincerely,
Your author  

Azaraih

Tsuki_Hana_Chan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:46 pm
Dear Lucy,

I'm sorry to inform you of this but you are going to die at the end of the book. Don't take it personally I love you very much. It just so happens that you are a very killable character. I just want to thank you because without you my story would be a really crappy happy happy, everything is all right story. Even though you are not the main character you are my inspiration.

Love you dearly now and forever,
Your Mommy.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:23 pm
Dear Pencil,

I'm sorry for abandoning you (well... not really) but words come out so much faster when I'm typing. As an added bonus, I don't often forget what I wanted to say when I type because it doesn't take so long. Plus, my lead never breaks when typing, and although the occasional computer freeze is annoying, it's much better than trying to read handwritten smudged pages with many mis-spellings. I very much regret to inform you that I will only now be using you when my computer is not avaliable.

Terribly sorry,

Your slightly crazy author

Dear Fliyo,

Sorry for sticking you in the plot (or lack-therof) so late, only to kill you off just chapters later. You've played your part, and now I need to cut down on the amount of main characters I've got (since the count is about 7 right now) and you're the first one to go. I'm also sorry for the role treachary plays in your downfall, but it will be oh so much fun to write. Plus, I haven't killed anyone important off yet, so you can be proud that you're the first.

All my love (or whatever's left after the main part has been distributed among my other main characters)

Your tired author  

Audini

BroadwayBaby_Musicnotes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:12 pm
Dearest Vivian,
please stop doing such unexpected things-- I know that it's just the truth, but try to calm down the truth so when you're screaming in my head to write it down, I'm not going half crazy trying to process it all and put it in the right words...
Very Frantically
Your Author...  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:28 pm
Dear Story,

I am very sorry for the little attention I've been giving you. You barely have a plotline, and less than a page is written. It's not my fault though, I blame my muse for being so easily distracted and I guess it's sort of my fault for having zero patience. You have potential though! Keep that in mind Story, you have potential.

I'll try and get back to you.

Love,

Your Neglectful Author  

Completely Obvious

deceitful_hearts

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:28 pm
Dear Isaac,

First, let me say how sorry I am for allowing you to be kidnapped. And tortured. And raped. I'm actually really sorry about the last one. Really, really sorry. It actually wasn’t planned at all. But I’m not sorry that I’m gonna have you shot in the knee cap, because you're gonna break down and blow a hole in your chest anyway. Oops, you weren't supposed to know that. Oh well, now that it's out, i'm sorry about that too. However, you're welcome for the sex scene, I think I deserve some credit for that. Oh, and I’m sorry that things aren't gonna work out with Rachelle because after the kidnapping she's gonna be moved across the country and her group home is gonna be shut down. But hay, you leave behind a pretty corpse, so you're welcome for that too. All in all, sorry about everything that I have done, or plan to do. It had to be somebody, so I chose you. And yes, it's because you're my favorite.

Sincerest apologies,

heart your author
heart  
Writing: Prose

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out