tony the tiger
  trix rabbit
  lucky charms lepricon
  count chocula
  a noid
View Results

maj115

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:06 am
i think tony the tiger is going to win the cerealimpics this year, which will make him a shoo-in for the presidential elections coming up. go tony! work those stripes! --_-- lol  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:12 am
Sorry, I'm no good with politics, who's he running against?

Not Tucan Sam, I hope. It'll be dicey.

Man, I'm so oblivious to the elections. I was actually confronted by a man as I was walking to the library who asked, 'Are you a registered voter?' and I replied, 'Nope, seventeen sir. Next year, next year.'
Then, after I had already walked into the library, I mentally slapped myself. xD

:O

NeKkEd_AiNt_No_CrImE

maj115

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:20 am
wow... but neways i think he's up against the trix rabbit (what ever happened to hare play), the lucky charms lepricon ( his campaign is a bit over the top of the rainbow for my liking) count chocula is biting and screaming somewhere in third (blood-sucking polititians, i heard he was a lawyer before he ran for office), and somehow a noid got into the election (how irritating)  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:37 am
I was expecting you to be talking about the 2008 Presidential Election and was all hyped to talk about the past Obama-Clinton hissyfits, the massive use of redderick (mostly Edwards before he dropped out) and the exclusion of Ron Paul in one of the first Fox debates that had New Hampshire's Republican party all in a fit.

But alas it's about cereal... Tony's alright but he's not all he's cracked up to be. It is indeed possible to be grrrrrreat without a bowl of frosted flakes in the morning.

ZeusJuice

ArrogantlySpiffy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:42 am
....Dude! You had me all ready for someone to cuse me out becuase I can't stand Hillary...or Obama...or any of the Democrats really... xp

But alas...I supposed I won't be "offending" anyone today xd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:49 am
[Small-Wisper]
....Dude! You had me all ready for someone to cuse me out becuase I can't stand Hillary...or Obama...or any of the Democrats really... xp

Ah, someone with a like mind. I take it you're pretty rooted in your political views?

I'd be interested in knowing who you think is good on the Republican side and why.

ZeusJuice

maj115

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:04 pm
lol! isnt the point of this guild to be random? whats more random than a presidential election with cereal mascots (and a noid)? as for the real elections i woul go for obama. why? dont know... gut instinct? i know that i want to try something new in a president and i dont like the idea of hilary. for one thing she has her cheating husband pronouncing her glory to the world, also i dont think she's right for the job, i cant place it any better than that. i guess i just like obama better...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:48 pm
Nubbish
[Small-Wisper]

Ah, someone with a like mind. I take it you're pretty rooted in your political views?

I'd be interested in knowing who you think is good on the Republican side and why.

Well I did like Ron Paul for a while...but once I started looking into him he's for a few things I'm against. And he totally changed everything he was for! Like his voting record totally contradicts itself... My main concern with people is what they believe in. Then I start looking at what they'll do for everyone...not just me. My dad like's McCain (not sure how you spell it xd ) and I need to look at Huckabee... sweatdrop I've been so busy with school I've haven't really looked at all of them.

ArrogantlySpiffy

ArrogantlySpiffy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:54 pm
maj115
lol! isnt the point of this guild to be random? whats more random than a presidential election with cereal mascots (and a noid)? as for the real elections i woul go for obama. why? dont know... gut instinct? i know that i want to try something new in a president and i dont like the idea of hilary. for one thing she has her cheating husband pronouncing her glory to the world, also i dont think she's right for the job, i cant place it any better than that. i guess i just like obama better...

As a girl I don't think we should have a woman president...just because they way we view things change depending on what we feel. Almost everything is done because of our feelings. And if she gets too worked up she can do something drastic. Did you see her in the Democratic Debate? She went ca-razzy!

I don't like Obama too much...like I said before I look at what they believe before I do What they "say" they'll do. 3nodding And Obama has totally hidden his real religion. He was Muslim for a while wasn't he? But now he goes to a church that allows any religion to come...kind of contradictory don't cha think? xd

Oh garsh...now I'm rambling!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:23 pm
[Small-Wisper]
Nubbish
[Small-Wisper]

Well I did like Ron Paul for a while...but once I started looking into him he's for a few things I'm against. And he totally changed everything he was for! Like his voting record totally contradicts itself... My main concern with people is what they believe in. Then I start looking at what they'll do for everyone...not just me. My dad like's McCain (not sure how you spell it xd ) and I need to look at Huckabee... sweatdrop I've been so busy with school I've haven't really looked at all of them.

Ron Paul's got the best voting record out of the lot of 'em though and I know he hasn't changed everything he was for. Example: he voted against going to war with Iraq and right now he's one of the candidates who wants to bring them back as soon as possible. What things were you against in his beliefs? Personally I don't care much about each candidate's personality (I think it was freakin' stupid of us to make such a big deal of Clinton cheating on his wife, that's personal and really has nothing to do with his policies as the president. There have been many other mistresses to married presidents in the past as well) so long as their views on the economy and the constitution are stable and they could do an adequate job of running the country without turning it even more into the dystopian society of Orwell's 1984.  

ZeusJuice

ArrogantlySpiffy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:51 pm
Nubbish
[Small-Wisper]
Nubbish
[Small-Wisper]

Ron Paul's got the best voting record out of the lot of 'em though and I know he hasn't changed everything he was for. Example: he voted against going to war with Iraq and right now he's one of the candidates who wants to bring them back as soon as possible. What things were you against in his beliefs? Personally I don't care much about each candidate's personality (I think it was freakin' stupid of us to make such a big deal of Clinton cheating on his wife, that's personal and really has nothing to do with his policies as the president. There have been many other mistresses to married presidents in the past as well) so long as their views on the economy and the constitution are stable and they could do an adequate job of running the country without turning it even more into the dystopian society of Orwell's 1984.

Well what he said about gay marriage. He was for it...then he was against it..then he was okay with it..now he's for it -.-'' And now I'm not sure what he's for.

I'm not really sure how I stand personally with the war myself...I mean, I want them to come home, but I haven't payed as much attention to it as I should have/be.

Ah, and don't forget Kennedy with the whole Marlyn Monro thing... xd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:21 pm
[Small-Wisper]
Nubbish
[Small-Wisper]
Nubbish
[Small-Wisper]

Well what he said about gay marriage. He was for it...then he was against it..then he was okay with it..now he's for it -.-'' And now I'm not sure what he's for.

I'm not really sure how I stand personally with the war myself...I mean, I want them to come home, but I haven't payed as much attention to it as I should have/be.

First off, I'm with you on the gay marriage thing but honestly when it comes to Ron Paul it doesn't matter whether he's personally for it or against it because he's not going to do anything against them. I was dissapointed when I figured out that he wasn't exactly advocating gay marriage (I'm bisexual with a strong tendency towards same-sex) but I read more and realized that he's not going to do anything anti-homosexual as a national policy. I honestly doubt he or any other president could, in law at least.

Ron says to leave it to the people and the states to decide what they think and then go with that decision. From what I can see, he knows that his personal views on it may not be the right ones for the rest of the country. I'm also aware that Ron Paul's got a lot of support from gays and lesbians. There are even a few websites that consist of gays and lesbians for Ron. They've got these bloody awesome t-shirts that say "Gays and Lesbians for Ron Paul" in rainbow letters.

Secondly, my issue with the war in Iraq is that we said we went over there for wmds. Did we find any? No. And I was watching Congress a week or so ago and they were talking about how much of the 'information' our national information sources had on it was bs and that it was basically a case of them not knowing so they grasped on the unlikely straws they had instead of owning up to the fact that they really didn't know. That and the other reason people say we're over there was to save the people from Sadam's horrible dictatorship.

To this I pose a question: If we could go into Iraq to save lives, why can't we go into Darfur to stop a genocide? Then it all snowballs and we'd have to be everywhere at once and we can't. Our generation is already paying for a war that the majority of Americans don't even want. War costs a lot and with the upcoming recession, I think it's safe to say the smartest thing to do is pull out as fast as we possibly can.

Edit: I'm not sure if it was Congress that I was watching, but it was on C-Span so I'm pretty sure it was.

Edit #2: Kennedy and Marylin Monroe... that sounds like a scandal I ought to be familiar with but am not. Wanna relieve me of my ignorance? I'd be grateful if you did. I like to learn new things~

ZeusJuice

ArrogantlySpiffy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:01 pm
Nubbish
[Small-Wisper]
Nubbish
[Small-Wisper]
Nubbish
[Small-Wisper]

First off, I'm with you on the gay marriage thing but honestly when it comes to Ron Paul it doesn't matter whether he's personally for it or against it because he's not going to do anything against them. I was dissapointed when I figured out that he wasn't exactly advocating gay marriage (I'm bisexual with a strong tendency towards same-sex) but I read more and realized that he's not going to do anything anti-homosexual as a national policy. I honestly doubt he or any other president could, in law at least.

Ron says to leave it to the people and the states to decide what they think and then go with that decision. From what I can see, he knows that his personal views on it may not be the right ones for the rest of the country. I'm also aware that Ron Paul's got a lot of support from gays and lesbians. There are even a few websites that consist of gays and lesbians for Ron. They've got these bloody awesome t-shirts that say "Gays and Lesbians for Ron Paul" in rainbow letters.

Secondly, my issue with the war in Iraq is that we said we went over there for wmds. Did we find any? No. And I was watching Congress a week or so ago and they were talking about how much of the 'information' our national information sources had on it was bs and that it was basically a case of them not knowing so they grasped on the unlikely straws they had instead of owning up to the fact that they really didn't know. That and the other reason people say we're over there was to save the people from Sadam's horrible dictatorship.

To this I pose a question: If we could go into Iraq to save lives, why can't we go into Darfur to stop a genocide? Then it all snowballs and we'd have to be everywhere at once and we can't. Our generation is already paying for a war that the majority of Americans don't even want. War costs a lot and with the upcoming recession, I think it's safe to say the smartest thing to do is pull out as fast as we possibly can.

Edit: I'm not sure if it was Congress that I was watching, but it was on C-Span so I'm pretty sure it was.

Edit #2: Kennedy and Marylin Monroe... that sounds like a scandal I ought to be familiar with but am not. Wanna relieve me of my ignorance? I'd be grateful if you did. I like to learn new things~

Well, I'm a deep conservative. I'm against gay-marriage and abortion (these are just my two main things), and I'm not going to vote for anyone that's for any of those (like I'm old enough to... xd ). I support those that agree with my Christian values and who I think would run the country well. Though it seems there aren't many of them...which is why I like to look deep into the voting record.

And I see you're point on Iraq 3nodding C-span personally puts me to sleep though..

Monroe just had an affair with Kennedy. I don't believe it was when he was actually president, but while he was campaigning...though I don't believe it actually got out until later. Strange how they both died so young too.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:27 pm
Im pro choice on aborshin aslong as its done before a certain point idk like the 2nd trimester and im for gay marrage because they have the rights to be together to. And the last thing is that you should never bring up religious beliefs in a political battle.  

Spitfire345

Sonic Havok

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:44 pm
If you ask me... all I have to say is... I thought this was America... but if people can choose to get an abortion, give a baby up for adoption, get married to the same sex, or whatever... why should we stop them? This is supposed to be the land of the free... not the land of the limited... I guess our fellow men, our soilders, our troops, are dying for us to be limited and not free...  
Random Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff