Armed and Lovin' It! - A Guild for Lovers of Fantasy

Back to Guilds

Reply Armed and Lovin' It!
Forum RPG Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is your favorite genre/setting for an RPG?
  Classic Medieval Fantasy (standard D&D fare)
  High Fantasy (hardcore fantasy, heavily magic-oriented)
  Science Fiction/Fantasy (Some magic, some high technology)
  Modern Fantasy (Real-world type stuff with fantastic elements)
  Anime (describe your preferred genres, please!)
  Gothic Punk (basically old World of Darkness type stuff)
  Hard Sci-Fi (Giant Robots, Tanks, space colonies, etc)
  Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Western (like Firefly or Serenity)
  Historical Fantasy/Historical Fantasy/Alternate History (Many years ago in a far away land...)Alternate History (Many years ago in a far away land...)
  Other, pleas describe (I'm out of room for poll options)
View Results

Verdego

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:47 am
I just wanted to get an idea of the kind of game everyone likes.

Instead of using a book system (in case some of us are broke/don't have a particular book/can't get ahold of one anyway) I thought I'd try a quick homebrew system a friend of mine likes to use sometimes.

I'll work up the details later, but I didn't want to go too far with any wild ideas before I knew what everybody wanted.

The idea I have right now is a bit hard to describe, but it's high fantasy mixed with science fiction, and I know that's not necessarily everyone's cup of tea.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:14 am
I like most scifi and fantasy ... and prefer the scifi ness over having booku spells and magic ...

I like historical but only certain time periods which is pretty much anytime before 1940s-ish ....

Its wierd ...  

Hydrogen Nebula

darth coin
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:05 pm
magic the gathering and D&D.

also my sis got me munchkin and i ended up doing one of the best things in the world.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:23 pm
Love anything medieval and renaissance type fantasy, though I'm starting to get into steampunk as well.

Berz.  

Berzerker_prime
Captain

3,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Verdego

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:31 am
I guess that means having to agree on something.

Though, would it be easier to run in AIM instead of on a forum? If there's only a few of us it might be better.

Also, I don't like to use regular systems. Numbers get in the way of the awesome, most of the time. I don't think a character should necessarily have to be confined to a specific advancement track if the players aren't such munchkins that they need to be reigned in like that, and if you don't have a bunch of numbers then there's no benefit to figuring out how to manipulate the math.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:35 pm
I'd much rather play it on the forums, myself, since it means that no one has to be excluded because they can't make whatever time the session over the chat would be. Plus, it's a way to get some activity in the guild.

Berz.  

Berzerker_prime
Captain

3,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Verdego

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:35 am
Then, would anybody object badly to using the Ars Magica setting? Mythic Europe seems to fit everybody's needs and there's character customization like whoa.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:04 pm
I like regular fantasy/medival things up to renicanse,
but Civil War stuff is pretty awesome two.
So long as it has swordsy-type feek in it, I'm usually pretty good.

I could do AIM or Forums.
For people who don't want to download AIM, theres a site that lets you log into a AIM account and IM without having to download. Gotta find it; Its useful.  

ReD_the_white_werewolf

Berzerker_prime
Captain

3,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:25 pm
Verdego
Then, would anybody object badly to using the Ars Magica setting? Mythic Europe seems to fit everybody's needs and there's character customization like whoa.

I don't actually know the system. Do you have anywhere we can find source material?

Also, there's nothing that says we can't run more than one game. I'm probably going to regret saying this, but...

I've been hankering for some Forgotten Realms D&D action for a while now. I think I may just have to run something. Anyone interested? It would be a surface-world campaign so Drow would be off the menu due to LA and Half-Drow would be off the menu because of light adaptation and story concerns that I just don't want to deal with.

Anyone?

Berz.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:06 pm
Berzerker_prime
Verdego

I don't actually know the system. Do you have anywhere we can find source material?

Also, there's nothing that says we can't run more than one game. I'm probably going to regret saying this, but...

I've been hankering for some Forgotten Realms D&D action for a while now. I think I may just have to run something. Anyone interested? It would be a surface-world campaign so Drow would be off the menu due to LA and Half-Drow would be off the menu because of light adaptation and story concerns that I just don't want to deal with.

Anyone?

Berz.

Huh. I don't know the Ars Magica system either .. .plus, I don't have AIM ... and have limited internet at the moment, so forums would work best for me ...

I'm up for a DnD rp ... I've never played Forgotten Realms, how is it different?  

Hydrogen Nebula

Berzerker_prime
Captain

3,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:42 pm
Arisu_Dilandau
Huh. I don't know the Ars Magica system either .. .plus, I don't have AIM ... and have limited internet at the moment, so forums would work best for me ...

I'm up for a DnD rp ... I've never played Forgotten Realms, how is it different?

Basically, it's just the setting. It's really well developed and fleshed out and I really like it.

Berz.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:37 am
Oh, okay then.... if you want to still do a rp in the DnD world ... I'm up for it ...  

Hydrogen Nebula

Berzerker_prime
Captain

3,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:26 pm
Okay, I've started a thread in the RPing sub-forum. Go there and check it out for all the character creation info.

Berz.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:16 am
So, I've only got one player in the Forgotten Realms game. In fact, only one person has even rolled dice to create a character.

Would more people be interested if the game went diceless?

Berz.  

Berzerker_prime
Captain

3,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Verdego

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:24 pm
Berzerker_prime
So, I've only got one player in the Forgotten Realms game. In fact, only one person has even rolled dice to create a character.

Would more people be interested if the game went diceless?

Berz.

I'd play if it wasn't Forgotten Realms. I don't know anything about the setting.  
Armed and Lovin' It!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff