Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
1k Comp :: Fab Prizes :: Newbies come & talk! <3 Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:22 pm
AS OF 2nd February 2008, the ICU has reached 1000 members. In order to celebrate this, I will hold a one-off competition. I have a shiny Feb 2008 Thank-You Letter in my inventory just waiting to be won.. can you do it? ninja

The items inside have just been revealed as the Magical Schoolgirl and the Four Horsemen.

A random poster on page 15 will win 5k ;D when I choose them randomly. <3 In other words: for goodness' sake people, do something for the guild and post! ;P Congratz Liani Vine! <3

Second prize will be one White Bun-Bun plushie thingy. <3

Explanation.
This will just be a fun little thing with a big prize, guys. The competition will run for however long it takes for me to be satisfied we have enough entrants. I will judge it. I might ask others to help (if they haven't entered, obviously..), I might not. The competition is to come up with a lovely new banner or logo for the guild. The prize is one sealed letter, as I have said. Sealeds are, I am assured, worth quite a lot nowadays. This means we want effort and originality.

Hints.. hints. Anything, really. Animations, original art, clever mottoes, general happiness, and something which really shows the spirit of the ICU (erm, what that spirit is I'm not entirely sure, but I know it when I see it.. xD). Please everyone enter, as many as possible. It doesn't have to be amazing, I know I talk about animations and art and whatnot but really.. the winner will be the one which is the most ICU. In other words: THIS IS NOT ABOUT ARTISTIC ABILITY OR GREATNESS AT PHOTOSHOP. This is about being an ICU-er. <3

That is all. Begin.

Entries.
1. mihiko
2. t0shi0
3. aiii-ko.

It seems to me that the newbies of the guild need a little more encouragement to come and talk to us. We love you guys, really, the ICU is like a family; we won't bite, and we're not elitist or cliquey or anything. You matter to us. Don't be intimidated, be active ;D If you have any worries or questions, PM me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:27 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tosh is gonna sit this one out 'cos she's too lazy. = 3=;;

But she'll provide prizes for 2nd and 3rd place? 8DD

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:14 pm
Good idea, I think it's probably good for some of the more junior members to join in these things anyway. (: Edit prizes into my post if you want.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:40 pm

ehh.
sin'll sit this out.
[/not that i join anything much]
i've gotta study.
D:

Princess Rhode
Crew

Chibito7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:36 am
Maa, I can't do it, because of lack of time and also because I don't know how. whee But I will be happy to help with judging, if that is what you wish, Niph. If not, B&B will sit back and enjoy the currently non-existent show. mrgreen The competition is a great idea. 3nodding

I love your sig, btw, Tosh. I love it so much! heart  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:42 am
It's just.. anything.. y'know.. doesn't have to be great.. besides, this can just be a sort of, y'know, long-term thing. xP

Niphz
Crew

Cat-Whiskers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:28 am
stare
stare

yeah...
stare

back to...
stare  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:37 pm
xd @ Niph.

stare @ Kitty.

Baka. =P  

Chibito7

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:57 pm
Gosh, that Tavern Wench stuff looks nice on B&B. Pity Niph is broke. <-- this is amazing since I never buy anything.. ninja

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:55 pm
I'm not good at making that kind of stuff. @@;
I have no program to make it and I don't have a scanner. D':
So I guess I'll have to sit this one out too with t0sh.

[.Mihiko-chan.]

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:21 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ahh.

I started a trend~ @__@;;

Maybe I should have joined?!

&&Thanks B&B. It's so random though.. xD

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:23 am
Randomness, my dear Tosh = mrgreen

*admires the duckies*

Hehe, yes... I am well and truly broke now, Niph. xd I would buy you the set, but I had to scavenge some stuff just to get about 100 more gold (I was so close, haha). I currently have on 172. rofl Otherwise I would buy you it as a present.  

Chibito7

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:52 am
Lol. Why would I want a sealed letter? I'd try, but I'm rubbish at creating anything with a computer, and also I haven't got a scanner. sad

- Actually, it would be quite a good shortcut to get me Kaya the Cat if i sold it xd .
At the moment I have just about 3.5k cause I brought Wild Armour, intending to sell it for a higher price. Problem is- I can't remember what price i bought it for!! whee  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:01 pm
I'd love to win a sealed...but I suck at drawing and web-design too. So I'll probably have to drop out of this contest.  

Minielf

Rebirth Project

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:22 pm
o: I might participate, but I don't have a graphic tablet... yet. I'll use papers and pencils. 8D

Good luck to everyone!  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces