A Walk To Remember

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FlixiePixie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:54 pm
By Nicholas Sparks

First, let me say the book, I think, is TOTALLY different than the movie. I really, really enjoyed the book, and was kind of shocked when I saw the movie version!

This book is such a feel-good story. I think it's probably my favorite Nicholas Sparks book so far. (haven't read all of his books yet)  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:53 pm
It was written by a guy? o.o
I thought it was written by a girl... Ahaha. But, yeah, this is on my list of books to read. I have so many ;_;

How long is it?  

irock708

FlixiePixie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:00 pm
I don't think it's too long.. pretty sure I took my time and finished in a few days.

Oh, Nicholas Sparks is one of the best (real) romance novelists out there! (not trashy romance) He wrote The Notebook and Message in a Bottle, and sooooo many others. I kind of like them, 'cause they're usually written from a man's point of view. I like that insight.

However, speaking of The Notebook, surprisingly, I thought the movie was better than the book... the book barely bordered on the trashy side, for me, while the movie was just supreme! Love that movie!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:19 am
Oh, god. The Notebook (the movie) looked so "Ugh." to me. But that's because it just looked super cheesy. A Walk to Remember (the movie) got my attention more because it was more or less real to me. But yeah. Once I finish the Fall of Reach, maybe I'll borrow this book. Unless I get my hands on the Death Note novel and How to Read 13 first, but that's another story.  

irock708

Amethyst Heaven

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:53 pm
Oh, I love this book muchlie. I love the movie as well, but not as much as I love the book. I read it in middle school the first time and it made me cry in the middle of class, now I'm out of High School and it still makes me cry. The Notebook is a good book and movie too. My brother says "A Bend in the Road" is good, but I haven't read it yet.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:47 pm
Oh yeah! A Bend in the Road is pretty good..maybe a bit predictable. The Rescue will make you cry as well though.  

FlixiePixie

WickedSong

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:15 pm
I've only seen the movie, sad to say, but I've heard good things about the book, too. If you've only read the book, I'd suggest watching the movie. It's possibly my all-time favorite movie. I have heard it's a little different from the book though...  
Realistic Fiction

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games