*rocks back and forth in padded room* Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Panda.Ba

Aged Noob

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:48 pm
Alright, I am extrememly bored and sad and s**t. So I will post my plan for my six pokemon to have in Sapphire, and you guys can critique.

Edit 1:

Blaziken User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Flamethrower
Sky Uppercut
Slash
Blaze Kick

Lunatone User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Future Sight
Psychic
Rock Throw
Hypnosis

Tropius User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Fly
Body Slam
Magical Leaf
Solarbeam

Lanturn User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Surf
Dive
Thunderbolt
Take Down

Sealeo User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Aurora Beam
Body Slam
Surf
Sheer Cold

I also noticed this is the first topic I made in the guild. Yay...?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:06 pm
Your Lunatone looks good....might I suggest Blaze Kick instead of Flamethrower for Combusken? And I don't find Fire Spin to be a very useful move, maybe Bulk Up or Focus Energy instead? For Tropius, I recommend Magical Leaf or Razor Leaf instead of Giga Drain, and Safeguard (TM 20) instead of Solarbeam. For Chinchou, you should lose Thunder, Dive, and Hydro Pump, and replace them with Supersonic, Surf, and Take Down. And for Spheal, lose Blizzard and replace it with Body Slam. Just my two cents. ^^;; These move choices would balance out your moves a bit more, and add some defensive moves that'll help out.  

Sui Kune

Moonlight Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Andy1989

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:59 pm
CPanda uses my style of fighting. None of my Pokémon have moves that 'protect' it. Except Rest for Snorlax. I think that they are great but you should get rid of the Fire Spin. Maybe Fire Punch instead.
I don't think I have EVER made a topic in this guild. whee  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:47 pm
Hmm... I want to suggest that you get rid of the weaker moves that are the same type as something else... For instance, don't plan to put in Fire Spin, just have Flamethrower. This can leave room for a nice "surpriser" move... what that may be, I really have no idea, I barely know the Pokemon of Sapphire, let alone the moves... eek  

Ginga

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:29 pm
Umm, call me blind, but I only see five Pokémon on that list ... ?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:30 pm
... And what's your plan for dealing with Dark-types?  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

Andy1989

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:34 pm
Jishin

*re-counts* Why are you the only one that can count? xp  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:39 am
Jishin

Yeah. sweatdrop I can't figure out what other pokemon to pick. I wanted all dual types and I didn't want to repeat any.

As for dark types...O_o I'm a horrible planner, so now you guys know why I never finished a pokemon game. crying

Okay, everyone seems to hate fire spin. Poor little fire spin...anyway, I guess I'll replace it with Blaze Kick. But that means that now I have to wait even longer for Sky Upper cut (level 59 instead of level 50) and I'll have to use the TM for Flamethrower. (Andy, the Torchic evolutions can't learn Fire Punch, so don't think I just ignored your suggestions, okay? I luv you. whee )

I hate Safeguard by the way. I really am like Andy, I don't use defensive moves very often. Even when I used Snorlax, the only reason I dealt with rest was because I could attack with snore.

The leafs I can do. I'll probably pick Magical Leaf. Magical Leaf has a power of 60, and it is ALWAYS accurate, which is nice. Then the type-match'll help out for more power. I think I'll keep Solarbeam though. It has 120 power and 10 pp, which, on both things, is more than Giga Drain. You have to wait a turn, but I think it's worth it because of the high power and the type match addition.

The switch to Body Slam makes sense. I'll definately do that.

I need a pokemon with Dive though. You have to dive in the game. And I hate leaving one of my main pokemon behind just because none of them know dive. crying But I will do Surf and Take Down, though.

Now I shall edit my post. sweatdrop

And does anyone have any opinions on what my sixth pokemon should be?  

Panda.Ba

Aged Noob

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:17 am
I had a Lanturn with Surf, Thunderbolt, Confuse Ray, and Thunder Wave.

I swear, it is one of my favorite Pokémon EVER. Drives people insane. whee Remember that a Pokémon can be confused and paralyzed at the same time.

You are a little short on status effects, which will make it hard to catch Pokémon, unless you have a separate capturing team. Confuse Ray and Thunder Wave are so good that there's no reason not to have them on your main team, in my opinion, even if they're not on your Lanturn.

As for Darks, you can probably take out most of them with Blaziken if you give him a Fighting move instead of a second Fire move. (That's what PP Ups are for!) You'll have to worry about Sharpedos, but Lanturn can munch them instead.

If you're willing to have a second Water Pokémon on your team, you can add a Barboach/Whiscash for your Dive move. That'll also get you Earthquake, and Ground is a move you're short on. My pet Whiscash knows Surf, Spark, Earthquake, and Rest, and you could easily replace Surf with Dive.

Alternatively, you could think about adding a Ghost. I can't play without a Ghost, so that's just my bias speaking. wink  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:11 am
weel i think yur Lanturn and Sealeo and awsome, but then again i dunno much about the saphire version sweatdrop my parents refuse to buy me any pokemon stuff anymore crying gonk sweatdrop gonk crying well um i know my lanturn in the silver version is pretty tuogh and it has surf, thunderbolt, watergun, and spark ( or somthing like that @_@) my stragety was weird but i beat the game right? ^^ sweatdrop  

[Killer Panda]

[Killer Panda]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:14 am
weel i think yur Lanturn and Sealeo and awsome, but then again i dunno much about the saphire version sweatdrop my parents refuse to buy me any pokemon stuff anymore crying gonk sweatdrop gonk crying well um i know my lanturn in the silver version is pretty tuogh and it has surf, thunderbolt, watergun, and spark ( or somthing like that @_@) my stragety was weird but i beat the game right? ^^ sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:47 am
Yay! Another Offenser! 3nodding

Your team looks pretty good to me, though there are a few moves I wouldn't have.. But that's just me.

My suggestions would be to incorporate Sunny Day and Rain Dance somewhere, though and replace Lanturn's Thunderbolt with Thunder.

See, with Sunny Day, would not only power up Blaziken's moves, but it would also cut Tropius's Solar Beam down to a normal one turn and double its power. And Rain Dance would not only power up Lanturn's Water-Type attacks, but it would make Thunder almost never miss.

And if you want dual-Types and don't want to overlap... then why do you have Lanturn and Sealeo? o __o

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Panda.Ba

Aged Noob

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:48 pm
Alexa-sama
Yay! Another Offenser! 3nodding

Your team looks pretty good to me, though there are a few moves I wouldn't have.. But that's just me.

My suggestions would be to incorporate Sunny Day and Rain Dance somewhere, though and replace Lanturn's Thunderbolt with Thunder.

See, with Sunny Day, would not only power up Blaziken's moves, but it would also cut Tropius's Solar Beam down to a normal one turn and double its power. And Rain Dance would not only power up Lanturn's Water-Type attacks, but it would make Thunder almost never miss.

And if you want dual-Types and don't want to overlap... then why do you have Lanturn and Sealeo? o __o

I HAD Thunder but I had to take it off. And Thunder misses too much. I'd prefer a move I can count on, if you know what I mean.

I dunno where I would put those moves. Should I get a Castform? Nah, I don't want to have to switch from Castform to the pokemon with the advantage for every battle. I think I stick without them.

And I needed two water-types so that I could have one pokemon with surf and one with dive. But I guess now I don't need to. *has a serious migrane from all this thinking* Should I take out Sealeo?

*sings* Welcome to the Hotel California...livin' it up at the Hotel California...lol. I luv teh Eagles. They're my grandma's fav. band. I'm listening to my technologically challanged grandma's CD. Lol. It's hilarious when I try to teach her to even use the CD Player. Poor Nanny...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:50 pm
Jishin
I had a Lanturn with Surf, Thunderbolt, Confuse Ray, and Thunder Wave.

I swear, it is one of my favorite Pokémon EVER. Drives people insane. whee Remember that a Pokémon can be confused and paralyzed at the same time.

I like Water Pulse better than Confuse Ray. It doesn't always get the foe confused, but it is also an attack.  

Andy1989

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:47 am
Andy1989
I like Water Pulse better than Confuse Ray. It doesn't always get the foe confused, but it is also an attack.

Whereas I prefer guaranteed Confusion. If it's bad enough that I want it confused, it better be confused!  
Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff