Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Do you believe in Jesus? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Odin210

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:37 pm
I don't i am an Odinist (Norse bevliefs) and so i told someone that and they said that i am just an a** then. so my questionis is not believing in Jesus mean i can't have othere moral or political belives?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:23 pm
I heart Jesus  

Mousers09

[Ish-Kabibble]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:39 am
Well, that's right, well I may have faked it...

I think it's great if you believe in the basic moral principals that Christians do.

I respect your belief, but overall, I think religion shouldn't play as big of a role as moral convictions.

...and I wouldn't be caught dead in this place.

Click...? Pweese?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:05 pm
I am really starting to loose my faith in God. What has this world come to? We have three Democrats (McCain included) running for presidency, a war on terror that is endless, and Paris Hilton is still broadcasting her face around the world!

God, if you are there, why can't you just kill of Paris Hilton?  

stareyed_in_LA

Kobeyashi Maru

4,050 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:43 am
[Ish-Kabibble]
Well, that's right, well I may have faked it...

I think it's great if you believe in the basic moral principals that Christians do.

I respect your belief, but overall, I think religion shouldn't play as big of a role as moral convictions.

...and I wouldn't be caught dead in this place.

Click...? Pweese?

For alot of people moral convictions lean heavily on their religious stand point.

As to the OP: No, you are allowed to have as many opinions and belives as you want. Just because you belive in one thing dousn't bar you from thinking about something else.

They probably just said that you where an a** because they didn't know what to think and an insult was the quickest way for their own self gratification.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:24 pm
Honestly? No, I don't, but what does that have to do with beleiving in conservative politics?  

Garrett31212

Odin210

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:52 pm
Garrett31212
Honestly? No, I don't, but what does that have to do with beleiving in conservative politics?
it dosen't have anything to do with politics but i was told that because i dont believe in jesus that im not a "True" conservitive..whis angers me, just becuase i go to bed thining of Odin and not Jesus doesnt mean that i cant believe in right and wrong  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:05 pm
Odin210
Garrett31212
it dosen't have anything to do with politics but i was told that because i dont believe in jesus that im not a "True" conservitive..whis angers me, just becuase i go to bed thining of Odin and not Jesus doesnt mean that i cant believe in right and wrong

Maybe a closer interpretation is that you're not the stereotypical conservative, and there is nothing wrong with that!  

Kobeyashi Maru

4,050 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Garrett31212

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:25 pm
Yeah, I really don't care what people think about my not being a Christian. I am, however, a conservative because I beleive Liberalism is going to be the failure of America.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:48 am
stare There isn't anything wrong with being a little liberal...  

Kobeyashi Maru

4,050 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Garrett31212

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:59 pm
I'm only Liberal on a few select minor issues.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:55 pm
Garrett31212
im liberal when it comes to applying peanut butter and working out  

Odin210

The Hallowed Mouse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:15 am
Odin210
Garrett31212

rofl What about using shampoo?

I myself have some liberal opinions... I think that some conservative topics are a little unnecessary; such as gay civil unions, I think that they deserve the civil part, but religiously I do care!

Oh, back on topic, I believe in Jesus, and I was called not conservative because I'm Catholic, so just to make those non-Christian conservatives feel better it's the whole "You're not the steriotype" that applies to me as well

Quote:
Wealthy, Protestant, White, Males

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:15 pm
The Hallowed Mouse
Odin210
Garrett31212

rofl What about using shampoo?

I myself have some liberal opinions... I think that some conservative topics are a little unnecessary; such as gay civil unions, I think that they deserve the civil part, but religiously I do care!

Oh, back on topic, I believe in Jesus, and I was called not conservative because I'm Catholic, so just to make those non-Christian conservatives feel better it's the whole "You're not the steriotype" that applies to me as well

Quote:
Wealthy, Protestant, White, Males
My mother told me that I don't make enough money to be a Republican  

Kingthor2282

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:14 pm
The truth is conservatives are a lot more diverse a group than we're given credit for. I remember all those cold Saturdays I got up to do petititon drives for Joe Knollenberg to hear each and every time "You don't look like a Republican." And all I had was long hair! I've met gay conservatives, black conservatives, jewish conservatives, muslim conservatives, hindu and indian conservatives, pro-choice Republicans, etc. . . There are enough principles upon which conservatives and Republicans commonly agree than most of these differences become irrelevant.

I'm sure we all agree:

judicial activism = bad thing

strong national defense and bargaining from strength are vital

revolution, except in the most extreme circumstances of governmental abuse, is a bad thing and especially bad when it is used to implement a social vision far removed from the society it is imposed upon.

high marginal tax rates are a bad thing and fiscal discipline is a better policy than tax increases

less regulation, not more, is the most consumer and business friendly policy

and to quote the great Barry Goldwater, government needs to get out of our bedrooms, out of our pocketbooks, and off our backs.

So, for the record, I believe Jesus was a real man, and that he was a divinely inspired prophet who gave us a teaching of spiritual salvation, but I also believe he was just a man.  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff