Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)
When casting or creating spells keep in mind... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

King Louis XVII

2,850 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:48 pm
When you are casting a spell or creating one do not forget the "Rule of Three" which states that whatever one does in the craft returns threefold on the sender.

Hence:

Black Magick = Bad things happen to you that could lead to death depending on the original spell/hex/curse.

White magic = If you go out of your way to do something nice for someone it could result in a good, long, life...or...It could result in new romance/money/etc.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:57 pm
Fuhrer Hausoffer
When you are casting a spell or creating one do not forget the "Rule of Three" which states that whatever one does in the craft returns threefold on the sender.

Hence:

Black Magick = Bad things happen to you that could lead to death depending on the original spell/hex/curse.

White magic = If you go out of your way to do something nice for someone it could result in a good, long, life...or...It could result in new romance/money/etc.

Also remember that magick is a bunch of theory. There are no rules that everybody adheres to, and you may be surprised how many people don't believe in the rule of three.

Moi personellement, I don't believe in it. I do believe that happiness is often a by-product of doing something good, but I think that's more to do with you feeling good that you did something positive, not the universe or a god or some abstract principle rewarding you for doing what it thinks is "good".  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

MagickSlushii

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:04 pm
Its helps to believe in the outcome of what will happen....  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:00 am
I really don't believe it...
But yea...I agree with you believing in the outcome.  

Envay

Invisible Poster

10,375 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

MagickSlushii

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:33 pm
Yeah. It really helps me.  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:19 pm
ya when i use magick it is more like manipulating energy to create a specific outcome.  

damian99

Alba Lux

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:58 am
I do have a friend who experienced on himself the result of the rule of the three. He sent a powerful spell on someone else, in order to cause pain. The spell rebounded on him and caused him a very serious illness. He learned his lesson that day, and turned to the white path. He hasn't fully recovered from the physical damage that he suffered. So yes, I do believe in the law and it does work in that way. It is more a practical statement than a theorical one.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:32 am
Damian Von Hellsing

Hence:

Black is bad eh? That's interesting considering certain witchy religions use black as the color of protection.

Also in certain cultures white is the color of death and is worn to funerals.

I dont believe in the 3x rule, I believe in kharma. Which means you get back what you put out exactly. Its the 1x rule ha ha ha!  

Chinko-chan

Wealthy Tycoon

6,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Alba Lux

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:32 pm
Halowynn Quinn
Black is bad eh? That's interesting considering certain witchy religions use black as the color of protection.

I dont believe in the 3x rule, I believe in kharma. Which means you get back what you put out exactly. Its the 1x rule ha ha ha!

Every culture has its own way to express things. As you point out, in Egypt black was a color of life (the color of Isis, for exemple, and therefore of the Black Madonnas, of course) and white was the color of death.

The rule of the three is a particular name (is it Wiccan?) but it's certainly an expression of the law of Karma, which is far more complex, and less manicheist or dualist than just separating things between black and white, good or evil.

For the practical purposes discussed in here (casting spells), it doesn't matter much how we name it as far as we keep it in mind when we act. Every action has a reaction. That's one of the laws.

We can also say it this way: we shouldn't cast a spell unless we are fully aware of all the consequences of our actions and are ready to assume our full responsabilities over those consequences. Magical power brings along a higher amount of responsability.

The way I see it, the rule of the three is one of those reminders to avoid unnecesary damage.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:54 am
Alba Lux

We can also say it this way: we shouldn't cast a spell unless we are fully aware of all the consequences of our actions and are ready to assume our full responsabilities over those consequences. Magical power brings along a higher amount of responsability.

The way I see it, the rule of the three is one of those reminders to avoid unnecesary damage.

I like that way better than saying it's the "rule of three". Because I think some people get so wrapped up in Rule of three, rule of three, rule of three, that they forget what it actually means.

So scratch rule of three and change it to accept the consequences. =p  

Chinko-chan

Wealthy Tycoon

6,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Guidopicho

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:42 pm
Mitsh

Moi personellement, I don't believe in it. I do believe that happiness is often a by-product of doing something good, but I think that's more to do with you feeling good that you did something positive, not the universe or a god or some abstract principle rewarding you for doing what it thinks is "good".

I agree there is something like the Law of Karma or whatever name you want to use for it, though I don't think of it as the result of some divine entity deciding if you were good or bad and hence if you deserve or not to have presents for Christmas.

I see Karma as simply another physical law: the energy you send forth will come back to you when it has reached the end of its path. It would be just like when you throw a stone in a pool: it creates waves, and when the waves reach the end of the pool they bounce and come back to the source of the disturbance. This means also that the quality and direction of what you send do also come back; if it was pain you sent (as Alba mentioned), then pain is going to come back, just not necessarily when or how you can expect it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:28 am
I agree with Guidopicho... Karma can be considered another physical law. I think that our western education kind of makes us think on Karma as a system of punishment and reward (the christian ideology that lies in our subconscious). But it is less "moral" than that, and closer to another kind of laws, just as the law of gravity shows us that every object will tend to fall down here on earth.  

Alba Lux

StevieHummingBird

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:58 pm
i dont do any sorta of magic but my best friend is wiccan and she told me that there was no such thing as black or white magic
i didnt really pay complete attention but i remmber that
idk just what i heard*shurgs*

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:00 pm
I kind of agree, but I don't think of it as a boomerang. I think of it more like a candle. If I (a candle) want to set someone else on fire, then I have to be set on fire to spread it to them. So if I want misfortune to spread to someone else, I have to hold it in me to direct it to them. That sorta thing. Just a theory. sweatdrop  

Viscerim

Thirrin Lindenshield

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:19 pm
Alba Lux
Halowynn Quinn

Every culture has its own way to express things. As you point out, in Egypt black was a color of life (the color of Isis, for exemple, and therefore of the Black Madonnas, of course) and white was the color of death.

The rule of the three is a particular name (is it Wiccan?) but it's certainly an expression of the law of Karma, which is far more complex, and less manicheist or dualist than just separating things between black and white, good or evil.

For the practical purposes discussed in here (casting spells), it doesn't matter much how we name it as far as we keep it in mind when we act. Every action has a reaction. That's one of the laws.

Also about the colors, isn't white the Chinese color of mourning?  
The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games