Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Café (General Chat)
Favourite Character from Occult Fiction

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nuadu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:55 pm
This is in relation to Mitsh's Magickal Fiction thread. Who is your favourite character from occult or magical fiction?

While Sir Adam Sinclair, from The Adept series is way up there on the list, for some reason I find a certain amount of . . . sympathy (in all its occulty connotations) with Crowley's Brother Onofrio from Moon Child.

Harry Dresden is fun too, but Onofrio would eat him for breakfast.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:51 am
Honestly? John Constantine from John Constantine: Hellblazer. He's an a*****e, an adrenaline-and-magick junkie, a chain-smoker, a scouser, a tosser, and has gotten a tonne of his friends killed just because he can't say "no" to magickal adventure. While I'd dislike being his next friendfodder, there's something about him that makes him ridiculously charismatic... provided he hasn't just woken up in a puddle of his own puke in the aftermath of another magickal mishap.

Plus he's damn fine for fifty-five years old. |D  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Ges

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:12 pm
Cal, from the Wraeththu series. He has a lot of parallels to me...a creepy amount, jobs, lovers, names, it unsettles, but is cool. He's just a cynical, fairly amoral person.

Also Michael from Stranger in a Strangeland, I love his innocence and wisdom, it is a great combination for a character.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:01 pm
Let's see...
I'm a big Anne Rice fan, so Lestat is my man. (Louis tends to whine too much.) The little blue kid from the Grudge, you know, the one with the cat noise and the huge black mouth. Pretty much all paranormal movies are my passion. *shivers in delight* I guess I really can't settle on just one or even a few characters.  

Oobersezzy

Rei_Toei

Green Smoker

16,800 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:56 pm
The Gunslinger (Roland) from The Dark Tower series.

This is by and far one of the cooler threads in Gaia, albeit short so far.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:09 am

Comte San Germaine in a series of now out of print novels by historian Chelsea Yarboro.

M0IRA

Hydrogen Nebula

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:30 am
Just one favorite character?

Well, I'm an Anita Blake Nut, and my favorite would have to be ... Nathaniel though others ( Like: Requiem, Asher, Micah, Damian and Jean-Claude) come in a close second, the submissive werekitty stripper will always hold a place near and dear to my heart biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:53 pm
basically, the three witches from lancre, from Terry pratchetts "discworld" novells, since their style of magic is very near my own. Plus, they could kick everybody elses chars.  

Baltazaar

The Café (General Chat)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff