Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Ocean [Brian and Spyke short] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackHawkGS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:07 pm
Along a concrete seawall sits Brian and Spyke, both in casual and sloppy clothes. Their feet dangle only a few feet away from the ocean water. The sun is slowly descending in front of them, ready to create another one of it's sunset masterpieces in the sky.

Brian: ... sigh.

Spyke: You know, while you can type that on the internet, you can't exactly say it in real life.

Brian sighed.

Spyke: There we go.

Brian: ... so I've been thinking.

Spyke: ... and?

Brian: What is it about the ocean?

Spyke: ... why? Did it insult you?

Brian: No, I mean, why does it receive so much attention? Yeah, sunsets are nice, but people seem to find much more meaning in it's blueness. Look at Lord of the Rings; the elves seemed to appear from over the sea, sort of like a void thing. And in Kingdom Hearts, Sora and Riku come to the end of their adventure in front of a dark ocean... why there?

Spyke: I'd assume they use the ocean in those cases in the meaning of infinity. What was going through the minds of those crazy Europeans when they first sailed over to America? They had no idea what they'd find. For all they knew, the ocean could go on forever, since that's all they saw anyhow.

Brian: ... I guess. Yay, here comes the sunset!

Bam. A the sun illuminates the sky in it's beautiful array of sunset flavors and sinks into the water.

Brian: Infinity... and the only one that has complete control over it is the sun.

Spyke: Eh, interesting way to put it... but I suppose so.

Brian: I wish I could be the sun!

Spyke: That'd be a boring life.

Brian: Well, at least I'd be able to jump between anywhere/anytime I wanted, whenever I please! That'd be a great life, fit for a grand adventurer like me!

Spyke: Infinity is a pretty big place.

Brian: Psh. They're bound to have a few cookies there. I'll be fine.

Author's Note: Another one of my rants, in the form of Brian and Spyke. I use to use them all the time for things like this, back in the Xanga days. Very fun indeed.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:21 am
Ah, Xanga.

Hawkie, I just love you more and more every day. heart This is lovely.

Note in response to sig: is it really gonna snow? o.o  

KirbyVictorious

BlackHawkGS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:26 pm
KirbyVictorious
Ah, Xanga.

Hawkie, I just love you more and more every day. heart This is lovely.

Note in response to sig: is it really gonna snow? o.o

It's been snowing a lot where I live. And I love it 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:36 pm
Snow? O.O

AWESOME!!!  

KirbyVictorious

NovaKing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:59 pm
The ocean is shiny, and often used for travel.

{cackles at his disillusioned attitude and then frolics away - because I always pictured imps, and or devious things, as the type of creatures to skip occasionally whilst they run.}

[thanks for the comtext - I thought it needed a name. -shrug- you can't make it into a comic and you can't quite call it a dialogue (well you can but that name isn't nearly as silly as comtext) I can't wait for the next one.]  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:37 pm
Luna skips when she runs.  

KirbyVictorious

NovaKing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:57 pm
KirbyVictorious
Luna skips when she runs.

Luna?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:33 pm
Lovegood.  

KirbyVictorious

NovaKing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:04 pm
KirbyVictorious
Lovegood.

Luna was bad a**. She was my favorite character - That would have been the only death that really mattered, had it happened that is.

[I wonder why no one spammed "snape loves lilly" it was the only important part. Hehe I suppose it's a good thing that dumbledore died then isn't it, seeing as the internet community got the wrong impression about what was important.]

[But what does her skipping have to do with anything? I wasn't implying that all people who skipped were evil, I was implying that I thought that it would be creepy to have a depraved thing do it.]

["saying that is like saying you see what you eat is the same as you eat what you see."..."or that you breathe when you sleep is the same as when you breathe you sleep"]  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:29 pm
I so caught that quote! Alice in Wonderland.

And it just felt relevant. Luna is my faaaaaaavorite. heart  

KirbyVictorious

NovaKing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:36 pm
KirbyVictorious
I so caught that quote! Alice in Wonderland.

And it just felt relevant. Luna is my faaaaaaavorite. heart

[-clicks heels in joy becuase someone finally caught one of my quotes-]

^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:13 pm
i liked this. i think it works in text, but i also think you could, if you wanted, take it into animation or something.

i have to admit, though, i thought it was strange when the sunset was...so sudden. i've never thought of it as sudden at all.

but it's cool. i like these characters.  

in the flicker.

BlackHawkGS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:22 pm
in the flicker.
i liked this. i think it works in text, but i also think you could, if you wanted, take it into animation or something.

i have to admit, though, i thought it was strange when the sunset was...so sudden. i've never thought of it as sudden at all.

Yeah, that didn't come out how I meant it to. Sunsets usually don't come on as sudden to me either. At the moment I just... needed something to go "bam" xd

I've always wanted to do something more with Brian and Spyke that wasn't just dialogue... but I don't know what. My artistic ability consists of stick figures and smiley face suns biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:27 pm
You should work with multimedia, Hawkie. Like, that video thing, what is it...Java?

Ask Voxxx. She takes a classs, or something.  

KirbyVictorious

NovaKing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:53 pm
BlackHawkGS
in the flicker.

Yeah, that didn't come out how I meant it to. Sunsets usually don't come on as sudden to me either. At the moment I just... needed something to go "bam" xd

I've always wanted to do something more with Brian and Spyke that wasn't just dialogue... but I don't know what. My artistic ability consists of stick figures and smiley face suns biggrin

Comics are a whole other comedy form. Stay the course.  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff