Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Another story that starts with a dream

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

in the flicker.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:34 pm
--so i wrote something. it's a new narrative style for me, but i guess it's fairly standard. i've just not done it yet. this is currently at the end of Ashes, but i'm not sure if it will stay there or get its own document. it depends on how it goes. James just wasn't done even though Raynald was. now it's his turn. obviously not finished. i don't even know what it is yet.

An Eternity of

"So what now?"
Now we...kiss and make up. (That was right, right?)
"No, James, it's not that simple. Not that easy."
Why not?
"What you did—"
I never did anything. He left me. I did not leave you. (Don't get angry)
"That's not the point."
Actually...I think that's pretty important. (Don't get angry)
"You could have saved me."
No, no I couldn't...You're the one who...
"Yeah, I did, but I can't even remember why." (So?) "James, it's so cold here. We didn't fix anything."
So it was for nothing, then. You shot yourself for nothing.
"...yeah."

Not again. Another night alone, and I had that dream again. It’s been eight years. Eight years since all that insanity for something greater, for something benevolent, for something...holy. Not so. I hate to admit it, but close to nothing has changed. The ash is gone, yeah, and the population is starting to come back (or that’s what they say on the news), but other than that it’s all the same.

Walk with me downstairs, will you? It's been a while since I had anyone to talk to, so please forgive my social skills. Would you like some coffee? It's the perfect comfort in times such as these, and I must say, it's certainly improved since the second Autumn. Yeah, that's what I call it.

What happened? Good old Zeke recovered. No worries there. Me? I'm almost thirty-five and I haven't settled down; it bothers me sometimes. I haven't talked to Zeke in a while, really. I should call him.

Anyway, Zeke and I went back to our lives, both of us empty. I have no idea what happened to Victor or the Seraph or any of that. I try not to think about it, but it doesn't help. The second Autumn finds its way into my mind every day at least a hundred times. I find myself wondering what became of Alisa and Raynald, really. To what greater purpose have they gone? Hah. But the most interesting after-Autumn story? It's definitely Selene.

I didn't meet up with her right after it, no. I wasn't really that concerned with her, but more with the people I actually knew.

Zeke didn't really seem to understand that Elena was actually dead and she wasn't ever going to come back from that, and it was hard. I mean, it was hard for me—really damn hard. Elena was my best friend; I spent every day of my life for...more than fifteen years with her. We weren't lovers, no, but we were close. She set me up on dates with the most ridiculous girls, and it always ended in catastrophe, but I always came back to her for more stupid dates. Man, and then when the first Autumn rolled around, neither one of us knew what to do, so we just went home and acted like everything was normal. When the new year came around—2015—I think we both broke. We still had hardly ever seen the sun, and it hadn't rained at all. I don't know how we survived it, but I know that a lot of people didn't.

I still remember her birthday that year. I lit candles and turned out all the lights. I wasn't even dark; the sky was covered, and I'll be damned...that same mute grey everywhere. I broke a plate that day.

Anyway, Selene. I saw her for the first time last year. She was different—so grown. It makes me feel old to say that, really. At fifteen, I'd have mistaken her for a woman.

I was on one of my daily walks.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:30 pm
A) why is that ramble about Elena randomly thrown in there?

B) FINISH EEEEET!!!  

KirbyVictorious

in the flicker.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:25 pm
why? i love stream of consciousness. there's no "why" other than that's how James tells it.

but, of course, this will get major revision later. -puke- it is a bit random, but only becuse it seems...out of order, lol. thanks for pointing it out.

i wish i could finish it at will, but unfortunately i am at the mercy of James on this one. Raynald was much more forthcoming.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:36 pm
I always liked this series or whatever. Just the idea, you know--the world covered in ashes. heart it's so poetic.  

KirbyVictorious

in the flicker.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:09 pm
true. it just breeds tragedy, haha.

i have to say, Ashes has undergone a huge revision. more to come (i'm hoping to use it for my creative writing thesis, and maybe this whatever, too).  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:58 am
Saweeeeeet.

Your cupcake is making me hungry. surprised have you ever tried a cupcake ball?  

KirbyVictorious

in the flicker.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:59 pm
i don't know what cupcake you're referring to.

no, i have not tried a cupcake ball. how does it go?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:10 pm
Oh, that's a bran muffin. >< My bad.

A cupcake ball is of Voxxxie invention. You mix cupcake and icing, and roll it in chocolate, and OMG ITS SO GOOD

Dunno exactly how they work though. :/  

KirbyVictorious

in the flicker.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:50 pm
lol, no worries. i figured rampant denial would do best XD

cupcake ball sounds pretty much awesome. i have one question, though. do you ice the cupcake, or just mix the icing in with the cupcake...? what sort of chocolate?

it sounds amazing.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:57 pm
You mix the icing in with the cupcake. >< ANd you can dip it in any kind of chocolate you want! White chocolate is amazing. *dies*  

KirbyVictorious

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff