Nanowrimo Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever done Nanowrimo?
  Yes, but I never reached 50,000 words.
  Yes, I even reached 50,000 words.
  No, I've heard of it, but never done it.
  What the heck is Nanowrimo?!
View Results

Kitty Pryde5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:45 pm
National Novel Writing Month or Nanowrimo, is when you try to write a 50,000 word book in just the month of November. Have you ever done it?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:17 pm
Is there anyone whose done Nano? confused  

Kitty Pryde5

Audini

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:02 pm
I did one a year ago and actually made it but I was too busy to attempt it this year. Actually, right now my friends and I are doing a mininano where we try to reach 25,000 words in the same amount of time, just so we keep working on our novels.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:45 am
I tried to do it last time, but I didn't even reach 5,000 words. sweatdrop  

Kitty Pryde5

Audini

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:06 am
Lol, it does take a lot of time and dedication. But when it's over, you feel like you can conquer the world so I think it's worth it biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:43 pm
Yeah, I'm hoping next time I'll be more prepared, rather than making it up as I go. ninja  

Kitty Pryde5

zakuroswhip

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:09 pm
No. Never tried.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:24 pm
It's fun. You can find other people who are doing it near you and have a write in, where you all talk about your books and write for a couple hours. biggrin  

Kitty Pryde5

serephemeral
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:51 pm
I'm looking forward to NaNo so much this year, it's amazing! I LOVE it!

On that sort of topic, anyone going out for Script Frenzy this year? It's 10,000 word script in a month for June. Basically everyone thought that once per year wasn't enough, so Chris Baty put together another writing adventure at the other side of the year.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:19 pm
I've never written a script before but I think I might like to try... maybe. It doesn't sound quite as intresting as novel writing to me because you have to think about things like lighting and sets. In novels, you can (sort of) make up the setting as you go along (at least I do). Have you done it before?

Sorry, I ramble a bit.  

Audini

serephemeral
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:02 pm
I suppose it's different, true, but you really don't owrry about it that much. Most of the time you mention it if it's important or if you wish, but directors and stage managers and crew pretty much design that aspect of it. I've seen plays where it was on balconies and platforms, or in the middle of the crowd. So, don't worry about that.
Yes, I have done script frenzy before, last year. It was the first year of it, actually.
The fun thing about writing scripts, though, is you can focus more on the story than anything else. It's different. In my case, for SF, I had had an idea for a novel that had been hounding me incessantly for years to be written. I tried first person, third person, alternating perspective first person, even a brief disaster with second person. As it turned out, a script was the perfect way to transfer the footage I saw in my head into something that could be shared. Does that help, any?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:47 pm
Ah, I always thought of a script as including all the aspects of production when it was created. I guess that's because I see them in drama class in their finished form and I assume the writer come up with all those technical aspects.

That does help a lot, actually. I feel more comfortable with the idea now that I realize it doesn't go quite the extent I was imagining. I think I'll actually try it if I can come up with a plot between now and June. Hm... a plot... sweatdrop Anyway, thanks for the help. You've now convinced one new writer to attempt something other than a novel (which is a scary concept for me but I'll try anything once!!!)  

Audini

Kitty Pryde5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:44 pm
I had fun doing Nano and going to the write ins, but I never have enough time to finish them. My sister does script frenzy, I may give it a try. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Does any one else do Nano?  

Kitty Pryde5

penandpaper67
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:19 pm
I haven't done it before, but I may give it a try this year if I have the time.  
Writing: Prose

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff