Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iMythy

5,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:43 pm
Okay, in RWW (Reading Writing Workshop), my teacher has us do writing nuggets every once in a while. A writing nugget is merely where we sit down for fifteen minutes and write about anything and everything (unless a topic is specified)
During this time, I wrote a portion of a story that I don't really know if I'll continue or not. All that I know is that the character's name is Cable "Jax" Lexington (she is a girl FYI) and the rest is a bit self explanatory after the story. wink Feel free to critique this piece of writing, it's only a rough copy, so you can expect a few spelling errors or other grammar mistakes. I may come back later and update it to a final draft.

The cool wind that swept across the lake was comforting, in a way. To me, it felt like it was chiseling at the hard, stone mask on my face, but only little pieces. It was hardly enough to break through the full body shell in which I had encased myself.
The waves crashed against the shore, sending little beads of water flying into the air like a cloudless rain. Hesitantly, I took a step forward and gasped as the cold water engulfed my foot. What surprised me was how good it felt. I took another step forward, and this time I sighed.
Ever since D has passed away, I had grown solitary. I'd keep to myself all the time and I almost never talked. The lake was the only place I felt comfortable with myself. It was Danny's favorite spot, and thus it became mine.
Danny... Once I thought the name, I regreted it. It brought back too many memories of him. Happy memories. Always happy. And suddenly it'd be a picture of him lying lifeless in a casket---cold...Pale...lifeless.
Unthinkingly, I started to walk forward---deeper and deeper into the water until it was above my waist. The picture of D was burned in the backs of my eyes now, and it wouldn't go away.
Gritting my teeth, I took a few more steps forward. The water was at my shoulders now, and I could barely feel my legs. And yet...and yet it still felt nice. I liked the numbing feeling.
I started to turn as the waves were beginning to drag me out farther into the lake...never to return.
When suddenly, something hit me. It smacked me in the chest and instinctively, I reached out to grab what ever it was. I felt soggy, wet wood beneath my fingers as it drew away with the waves and then smashed into me again, only this time, I went under.

Wow, I didn't realize how short it was. ^^; It looks longer on paper, but I guess that's to be expected.

Right! Danny (or D) died in a car accident just a few weeks before (I think) I haven't really decided. ^^;

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:59 pm
Wow... That's good. The entire time I was reading that, I wasn't thinking of anything else (which is tough for me since I have a pretty short attention span). Write more please!!!  

Audini

iMythy

5,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:50 pm
Audini
Wow... That's good. The entire time I was reading that, I wasn't thinking of anything else (which is tough for me since I have a pretty short attention span). Write more please!!!

^^

I tried to, but honestly, I all came out crappy. D: I find it hard to write sometimes...
>.O

Writing: Prose

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff