The Murders in the Rue Morgue

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

penandpaper67
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:18 am
Yes, I know this is an Edgar Allan Poe short story, but I think it needs to get some credit, considering it was one of the first detective stories. When I first read it (for school, no less), it took me a very long time to get through the beginning because it has very little whatsoever to do with the actual plot. After I got past that, though, it was very interesting. The fact that half of it is a newspaper article is quite intriguing, but the way Dupin solves the murder mystery is ingenius. Who would have thought an orangutan.... well, I don't want to give it away. whee Anyways, it's a really creative mystery and I think it deserves a place in this subforum...  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:25 pm
I liked this story. It was creepy, although I found it was a bit cheesy. I don't think that would have happened, really. Are orangutangs really that smart?

rolleyes

Either way, it really did create the Private Eye character, such as Sherlock Holms and the detective in Agatha Christie novels, Hercule Poirott. (I probably spelled that wrong. I'm in Spanish I, not French.)

Agatha Christie is one of my inspirations to write. Her stories really had me going. biggrin  

Coolgab1219

Inepta

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:31 pm
Poirot was a Belgian not french wink ...

And about Rue Morgue it was great indeed... And the charachter of Dupin can be found in this book about Poe by the author of "Dantes' Club"...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:08 pm
I just read that story this morning smile

Now I'm on to the sequel. I feel like there's a lot to say about it but I can't think of a thing.

Merenwen99

Mystery

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff