Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Music Discussion
Angels and Airwaves

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kelly The Punk Rock Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:39 pm
This is a topic where some of the few fans can talk POSITIVELY about AvA. Positively. Just talk about shows you've seen and stuff of that sort. Whats your favorite song by them?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:42 am
Well I'll honour your thing, I'll just point out, by not allowing those of us with a negative view point on the band to have our say, results in what music discussion used to be:

"OMG the singer is so hot, I love them."
"They are the best band ever."
"I've seen them twice I'm like their biggest fan."

So you know, not much of a discussion, because I assure you, thats all you'll get.  

Rellik San
Captain

Kelly The Punk Rock Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:47 am
Well that sucks. That really sucks. Maybe theres at least one person that isn't like that...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:58 am
Well I hope so too, means I could have an intelligent conversation about the differing view points on the band, it would make a nice change. smile  

Rellik San
Captain

Kelly The Punk Rock Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:25 pm
Well, I'll just say what I have to say about them. I agree that every song on their first album sounds the same, but I-Empire has some-what of a variety. I've seen them once. It was just an acoustic show, but they were pretty good. I must say, I hate being the only kid at a show. I could only just barely see Tom and Matt's faces. My friends came with me (both straght guys) and one of them was yelling "I love you Tom!" throughout the entire show. And whenever Tom looked over at us he would jump up and down yelling "Oh my god, he looked at me! Tom DeLonge looked at me! Oh my god!!!". It was very entertaining.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:46 pm
Personally I think part of my dislike is the pomposity of the music, he's tried skipping the work and going straight for huge stadium rock band. But the problem is, his lyrics don't have the mass appeal a stadium rock band needs, resulting in something that sounds... to me anyway... rather full of its self.

But thats just my opinion. smile  

Rellik San
Captain

Kelly The Punk Rock Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:52 pm
Even though I like their music, I kind of agree with you. Tom is completely full of himself. He's always bragging about how AvA is the greatest band on earth and they're going to be legendary and stuff like that. It irks me. But I still like their music.  
Music Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games