Welcome to Gaia! ::

All Plays Role Playing Guild ::: With posts over 9000!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

Reply Role Playing Stage (This is where the Role Plays take place)
Evolution In Leaps and Bounds (Now Accepting!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What are you?
  Newtype
  Human
  Power
  Government Official
View Results

Tooty Jones

7,700 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:38 pm
Table of Contents

Plot
Rules
Character Template
Newtypes
Humans
Powers
Government Officials
Updates
The Story So Far!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:03 pm
Plot

Evolution - [eh-vuh-loo-shun]
-Noun-
A change in the gene pool of a population from generation to generation by such processes as mutation, natural selection, and genetic drift.

In the beginning there was nothing, then something happened, now look around. While we don't know exactly what happened, many great men of equally great intelligence have come up with theories. Some are based upon Religion and faith; Others are upon science and fact. One of the most widely known and accepted theories is that of Evolution.

The definition I have provided you was the one you learned in High School, or, perhaps you will learn it once you get to High School. Quite frankly, it is long and confusing. To put it simply, evolution is the change a species goes through. It involves reacting to environmental occurrences, population fluctuations and of course, the food chain. The Theory of Evolution takes place over millions of years. In the dawn of time everything supposedly came from primordial soup, that is, a puddle of single celled organisms. But, much like the last few Cheerio's in the cereal bowl, these cells came together and the first multi-cellular organism was formed. Fast forward to the present day, and you have the wonders of the modern world.

"Good things happen in good time, but great things happen all at once."

Evolution is (in theory) a good thing. Look at what it has brought us. Now what about the parts of evolution that are great? What if, there were people living among us who have taken extraordinary leaps in the realm of human evolution? What if there were those who had superpowers?

Have I gotten your attention?

Yes, I know all about you and your abilities. Never mind how... There are more important matters to discuss. You are in danger.

There are 4 groups at play in this swirl of chaos. The first of which are those like you. You are a Newtype. You have your special power or powers and are just trying to lead a normal life. Through my extensive research, I have yet to find any outward physical differences between Humans and Newtypes, when the latter is at homeostasis. When you are relaxed, nobody can tell you apart from the Humans. However, when you are stressed or when you've engaged your powers, many physical changes may occur.

Then there are the Government Officials. These are your typical 'Men in Black' sort of boys that want to perform tests and then open you up. These people are your second biggest threat. Be wary.

The next concern are the Powers. This group is mainly a bunch of Newtypes that kill other Newtypes to absorb their abilities. You must avoid these people at all cost. Age means nothing to them. Gender holds no sway. They will kill you on sight.

Of course, we have the Humans. They are your average, everyday people. Their DNA has yet to evolve. 85% of them have no clue about the situation at hand. The other 15%? They are our martyrs, protectors and saviors. They offer places to stay in times of need. They will take the bullet in hopes that our DNA will continue to change.

Finally, in addition to this warning, I am offering you protection. My name and address are enclosed in this letter. My mansion is perfectly safe. If you wish to move, then I will be glad to take you in. Please respond with any questions, or simply arrive at my door.

Sincerely,
Professor Liv Niequiest

33 Washington Street
Boston MA

Tooty Jones

7,700 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Tooty Jones

7,700 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:07 pm
Rules

General

- Follow all Gaia rules
- Follow all Guild rules
- Post at least 4 detailed sentences… I think that’s fair if you aren't the best Role Player
- Grammar and spelling are your friends!
- Speed posting should be avoided
- No Godmodding. In the abilities section you have to be reasonable.
- PM me all profiles. Include a heart so I know you were paying attention!

Game Related

-This is comparable to a cross between Heroes and X-Men
-It is Modern Day
-Characters must be at least 8 years old.
-If I don't like your RP style, or if you make your character too strong, I won't accept it!
-The plot "letter" was only received by Newtypes.
-Romance is encouraged. Keep it PG-17.
-Violence is allowed. Go crazy.
-Cursing is permitted. Keep it PG-15.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:15 pm
Character Template

[b]Gaia Name:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] (Pictures preferred)

[b]Race:[/b] (Human or Newtype)
[b]Occupation:[/b] (Butcher, baker, huntsman. Get creative)
[b]Loyalty:[/b] (Government Official, Powers, Neutral)
[b]Special Abilities:[/b] (If you are a Newtype or Power)

[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Bio:[/b] (2 paragraphs at the least.)
[b]Anything Else?:[/b] (Random information we should know.)
[b]RP Sample:[/b]

Tooty Jones

7,700 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Tooty Jones

7,700 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:28 pm
The Newtypes

Gaia Name: SpiritGuided
Name: Liv Niequist
Appearance: Liv Niequist

Race: Newtype
Loyalty: Neutral
Special Abilities: She has the ability to control fire and water. The former is used for battle and protection while the latter is used for healing. She is also has precognition and retrocognition, that is, being able to see into the future and to look back into the past.

Personality: Liv is seen by the world as cool, calm and collected and she maintains this view at all costs, preferring to fade into the background rather than stand out. At least, when it comes to Authority. When she's with her friends, she taps into the vast resources of passion that burn deep within her. Once she's alone, these two opposites collide and magic begins to happen. She truly believes that she will change world one day, and wont let anything get in her way.
Bio: Born in Scandinavia, she was raised by her father, Ulric. Her Welsh mother, Ceridwen, had passed on during her birth. The only memories she has left are an old pendant, passed along from generation to generation and a deck of Tarot Cards. The necklace was that of a Pentacle, symbolizing the spiritual and magical heritage of their bloodline. The deck was standard in contents and purposes. Of course, such things died out long ago; few articles of that belief still remain.

Her father wanted to erase the "abominations" from their family name, but Liv insisted on keeping them. Ulric agreed, so long she pursued an education in science to balance out the "foolishness". She tolerated such insults to her memories for one reason alone: She was a newtype. She had magic within her, the very same magic that her father so hated. This is what kept her going when the cruel, harsh world of science sucked every drop of creative power out of life.

So time went on. Powers grew, science became interesting and the wheel kept turning. Her father soon left her and she continued on. In her studies, there were many, many travels. In the end she came to a place in Boston, Massachusetts. Now, she lived to help those in need.
Anything Else?: Her home is a safe haven for Newtypes and Humans that are in danger.

Gaia Name: [ToXiC][ToOtHpAste]
Name: Kazuki Yaguchi
Appearance:Kazuki

Race: Newtype
Loyalty: Neutral
Special Abilities: Can cause hallucinations and manipulate other's eyesight

Personality: trustworthy, assumes things too soon (occasionally), tries to do what he believes is moral
Bio: Kazuki was raised in by his mother; his parents divorced when he was a baby. He was born in Yokohama,Japan and left when he was 17 for America. Now fluent in English, he writes about others' lives and his view points in the English language. Occasionally he writes in Japanese, but only when he feels it should be kept a secret from people who are too lazy to figure out what he wrote in another language. Kazuki has been relatively solitary, not very interested in finding a girlfriend, but is young, and doesn't make it his life's goal.

He's more interested in the human brain and how people react. He now resides with the Professor in her house along with other Newtypes.
Anything Else?: Kazuki likes kittens. <3 :3  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:41 pm
The Humans

Tooty Jones

7,700 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Tooty Jones

7,700 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:44 pm
The Powers

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:48 pm
The Government Officials

Tooty Jones

7,700 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Tooty Jones

7,700 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:52 pm
Updates!

March 12th, 2008 - Thread Formed and Opened!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:48 pm
The Story So Far!

Here is where I will post plot developments as we continue to RP. Why? Well, if someone wants to join in at a later time, do they really want to read a whole bunch of posts? Nah!

Tooty Jones

7,700 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

[ToXiC][ToOtHpAsTe]
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:49 am
[[How should we start off? >_>lll]]  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:23 pm
[[ Are you going to start us off....? >_>]]  

[ToXiC][ToOtHpAsTe]
Vice Captain

Clara Sunaro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:56 am
[[I'd love to join! 8D PM-ing profile right after this comment <3]]  
Role Playing Stage (This is where the Role Plays take place)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games