Do you like my story so far?
  Yes
  Maybe
  No
  Am I suposed to read all this?
View Results

Blood Slain Rose

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:12 pm
So I have 9 chapters out of 12 chapters-so-far typed up. So I'm going to post chapter by chapter. I would LOVE to know what you think.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:14 pm
Chapter 1

About 500 years ago, in the year 2010, the world was peaceful. What nobody new was more than anybody could imagine. My great-great-great-great-great grandmother was 16 years old. Her name was Cassy and she was a third year in high school when she met Jack. He was tall with dark brown hair, blue eyes, and pale skin. He was kind, caring, and funny or so Cassy thought. The date was October 31rst, Halloween, when it happened. Over 50 bombs went off all around the world, set off by Jack. It was then that the world was sentenced to a life of hunger and many challenges. All that was known before 2010 was either lost or hidden in what's left of the Library of Congress. Jack died when a bomb when off in his house. Cassy was one of 50,000 people who survived the bombing. Out of the 50,000 about 6,000 were either doctors or farmers.

The world was plunged into a futuristic version of medieval times and it still is. The year is 2516 and I am one of 500,000 people fighting to stay alive. My name is Luna and I'm 20 years old. My sister Kia and I are living in what used to be Portland, Oregon. Ruins and mountains surround my home for miles. The animals have become savage, making everywhere unsafe for humans. Kia is looking for a way back into the past. When she finds a way there she will take this book and show it to the people there. We hope that somebody will make sure that life is easier for us to survive in. Think what we're going through is bad? You have no idea what you're in for.  

Blood Slain Rose

Blood Slain Rose

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:15 pm
Chapter 2

It's been two weeks since our mother died and there is still no luck in finding a way to the past.
"Maybe we should just give up Kia. We'll never find out how to get to the past," I said tiredly.
"No! I'm not giving up that fast! I want to warn people! I want to warn her," said Kia angrily.
" You want to warn Cassy? To what? Stay away from Jack? Who cares if she takes you seriously? No matter what she does Jack will still destroy most of the world! Don't you get that? No matter what she does we will still be in Portland fighting for our lives! That's how it will be," I said angrily getting up.
Kia looked at me with a look of pain on her face. She got up and started to walk away from the waterfall. She turned back to me and glared.
"I hope you're wrong Luna. I hope if we warn her she'll some how make things easier," Kia said solemnly.
I looked at Kia and then at the waterfall. I pulled at my rubber band and took it off my wrist. I stared back at Kia and put my hair up. She immediately knew that I had given up on trying to argue with her. She smiled at me and I guessed she was happy that I gave up. I walked past her and she walked quickly to my side. Then she stopped, her face filled with horror. I looked at her questioningly and looked at what she was looking at. My face filled with horror immediately. It was a wolf and I prayed that it didn't hear us.
Wolves travel in packs of 20 or more. This wolf was young so it's pack was definitely close. The wolves in 2516 are a lot different than in 2010. First, our wolves are a whole lot bigger. A young wolf is as big as a baby great white shark. An adult wolf is as big as a shark mixed with a bear. Second, our wolves are a lot faster. Which means as soon as you're seen, you're dead. Third, when they kill you, it ain't pretty. A young wolf will tare you in half. An adult on the other hand, well lets just say your head is the only thing left. Do you get how much worse our wolves are compared to yours? You do? Good.
I looked at Kia and she was slowly getting into the water. I followed her knowing that if I didn't I'd be killed. When I got into the water I remember two things. First, we were in a river that was about four times the length of a full grown wolf. Second, wolves hate water just like cats.
"That was close," I said in a shaky voice.
"Yeah I know. At least we were by this river or we'd be road kill," said Kia laughing.
"Oh real funny. You amaze me at how when you face a wolf and you survive this encounter you make a joke. Isn't that just great? You're only funny when you're alive remember?," I said sighing.
"Oh I remember alright. I'm good though. I think I should become a comedian," said Kia sarcastically.
We looked at each other and began to laugh. It was interesting how after Kia faced death she would make a joke. I swear that sometimes she is crazier than me yet she has a great sense of humor. Like Cassy's sister Jenny. I heard that Jenny made the best jokes. Jenny was 22 when the bombs went off and killed her.
I was in a daze when I realized we were near our house. We got onto the riverbank and headed towards our house. Since Portland was deserted we lived in the mall there. Somehow the mall wasn't destroyed. Me and Kia slept in whichever store had a bed we wanted to sleep on. The mall was the only place with electricity which made is easier to cook. There was only one thing different about the mall when we got there. A package was at the main entrance. It was from Vanessa who always sent us something from her travels but this box was smaller than the rest. Inside was a letter, a gun, and bullets.
'Dear Luna and Kia,
Me and Teri are coming. Inside the box is a gun and bullets. We think somebody is coming for you. We'll tell you the rest when we get to Portland.
See You Soon,
Vanessa and Teri'

I looked at Kia and she looked worried. That meant we were both thinking the same thing. First, Vanessa and Teri were coming home. Second, they were both in danger.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:16 pm
Chapter 3

Walking down the highway to Portland, Vanessa was quiet. Her cousin, Teri, was holding her rifle protectively. The two had been walking for five days straight. Food and water was running scarce. It was almost dark and the two needed sleep badly.
"How much farther do we have to go till we reach Portland?" asked Vanessa.
"About a days more walk," said Teri.
"We should get some rest then. You get to be lookout first. Wake me when you get tired. Good night Teri," said Vanessa.
"Okay then. Good night Vanessa," said Teri.
Vanessa fell asleep quickly. Tonight was different than other nights because instead of dreaming she had a flashback.
Vanessa and Teri were walking though Las Vegas, Nevada. It was very quiet all around them and they decided to split up for supplies. Vanessa went east and Teri went west. While Vanessa was walking she heard something coming from behind her. She turned around and was knocked out immediately. When she awoke she looked around and guessed she was in a jail cell. She looked into the cell next to her and saw Teri. Teri looked frightened half to death. That was extremely bad. It takes a lot to scare Teri. Suddenly two men came walking towards the two. They went and grabbed Teri. She started to scream, her eyes filled with horror. They half dragged her into a room. When they came back they grabbed Vanessa and took her to a room next to the one they put Teri in. When Vanessa looked around a man was in the room facing a wall. The man turned around and looked at Vanessa with dark eyes.
"Hello Vanessa," he said.
"Apollo," said Vanessa fearfully.
"Yes. It's me Vanessa. Long time no see. What have you been up to?" Apollo said smiling wickedly.
"Avoiding you," said Vanessa breathing deeply.
"Really? I've been looking for you and Teri. She obviously remembers me well. It makes me so happy to hear her screams again. I just can't wait to hear yours. I hope it's loud because I want to hear you for miles," said Apollo with gleaming eyes.
Vanessa flinched back, her eyes filled with fear. She had to find a way to run for Apollo. Then suddenly Teri was pushed in the room. Teri had cuts and bruises all over her. Vanessa jumped back violently and went quickly to Teri's side. Teri was crying hard.
"What did you do to her?" asked Vanessa fearfully.
Apollo laughed. "I did what I had to do to try and get information from her," he said smiling.
"You tortured her?" Vanessa asked.
"Yes, I did torture her. I'll torture you too if you don't tell me where they are," Apollo said seriously.
"Where who are?" asked Vanessa.
"LUNA AND KIA!" yelled Apollo.
Vanessa looked at Teri and knew that she had to lie to Apollo.
"They're in Europe," lied Vanessa.
"Where are they in Europe?" asked Apollo.
"They're in Belgium. I don't know where in Belgium. I just know they're in Belgium," lied Vanessa.
"Thank you, Vanessa. You are free to go but if you lied to me I will come back and torture you till you tell me where they really are," said Apollo.
Vanessa nodded her head and quickly got up. The two men came in and they grabbed Vanessa and Teri. The men practically threw the two out of the prison. Vanessa and Teri quickly got supplies and headed out for Portland.

Vanessa woke with a start, breathing quickly. Teri turned and looked at Vanessa questioningly.
"Are you ok?" asked Teri.
"Yeah I'm fine. I just had a nightmare," Vanessa said in a shaky voice.
"Ok then. Since you're up I'll go to sleep. Here's the rifle," Teri said handing Vanessa the rifle.
"Ok. See you in the morning," said Vanessa.
When daylight came Vanessa woke Teri up. The two of them ate some bread and headed out for Portland. For the entire day neither of them said a word. They reached Portland at night. The two set up camp and slept. When daylight came the two headed towards the mall.  

Blood Slain Rose

Blood Slain Rose

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:17 pm
Chapter 4

I was busy making breakfast when three loud bangs came from the main entrance. I quickly walked to the door. As soon as I saw them I ran though the door and hugged them. Vanessa and Teri were here. They were here and safe. I let go and looked at them. Almost immediately I noticed Teri had cuts and bruises on her.
"What happened to you Teri? You look horrible," I said confused.
"Apollo is what happened," Teri said slowly.
"Apollo? He escaped from prison?" I said with horror.
"Apparently. He's looking for you and Kia. Why is he looking for you two? I mean he should be trying to escape," said Vanessa.
"He's looking for us because we put him in prison. He wants revenge for what we did to him," I said.
Kia came running to the three of us. She hugged Teri and Vanessa. Kia didn't even bother asking Teri what happened because of the look I gave her. She knew that I only gave her that look when it involved Apollo. The four of us went quietly into the "kitchen" and sat down.
"What did you do to him?" asked Vanessa.
"It was a long time ago. He was my friend but I didn't know what he was doing. One day I asked why he always left a lot and he told me he'd show me. I asked if I could see right that moment. So he took me to a hospital and inside there were people being tortured. I looked at him with horror. He turned to me and said that he tortured these people for fun and told me never to tell anyone. A couple of turns later I saw Teri being tortured for only a fraction of second. I was scared that I would end up with all of them. So me and Kia made a plan. We went to the hospital and shot all of his men. When his men were dead everyone ran except Teri, she stayed with us. We walked down the hall into his office, he looked up at us, he was confused. I knocked him on the ground and Teri went crazy and beat him up. Kia and I pulled her off of him. I looked at him, took my gun and pointed it at his heart. I shot his shoulder, barely missing his heart. I told him that now he knew how far I would go. We got the police and he was arrested. That was the last time I saw him," I said this looking down at the floor.
"Why don't I remember that?" asked Teri.
"You have this talent where you can forget what's to painful. The only thing impossible to forget was Apollo. That's why you had nightmares with him in it," I said.
"He wants revenge on us now. He'll stop at nothing to get us," Kia said her eyes filled with horror.
The four of sat there quietly. When breakfast was ready, we all ate. I was the first one done eating. I got up and walked over to the bed I liked. I laid down on the bed and stared at the ceiling.
'So he really did escape. Will he find us? Where is he now? I hope he never comes back. Why did he only torture Teri? Did Vanessa lie to keep us safe? What happened in Las Vegas? Were they even in Las Vegas when it happened?' I thought.
I thought about Apollo all day and night, hoping he wouldn't come. I prayed that the day didn't come when he'd find us. I knew that we needed to leave Portland. I didn't know where we could go that was deserted. At that instant I remembered New Mexico. It was a desert but nobody would come near that state because of all the damage from the bombing. Where else would be better? So we're going to New Mexico but where. I'll figure out later, after I tell the others of this plan of mine.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:18 pm
Chapter 5

I woke up early. I got off the bed and went to stand outside. It was windy and my red hair was swaying in the wind. The sun was bright and it shinned into my eyes. I looked at the ground and went inside. I quickly got dressed in a pair of black pants and a white shirt. I put on my favorite pair of running shoes and put my hair up in pony tail. I walked threw the mall and went into our kitchen. I made breakfast quickly and when I was done I went to wake up Kia and the others.
Kia was sleeping silently. She looked like she was happy. I slid my finger down her arm and she woke up with a start. She looked at me sleepily.
"Why do you always do that? Wait... Why are you fully dressed?" Kia asked, her brown hair partly in her face.
"I'll tell you later. Now go and eat breakfast while I go and wake up Vanessa and Teri," I said to Kia.
"Alright. See you in a little bit," Kia said getting up.
I walked towards where Vanessa was sleeping and sat on her bed. She was obviously tired. She would only sleep in if she didn't get any sleep. I looked at her, admiring how cute she looked asleep. As if she knew I was there, she woke up. It was a cool talent of hers. She could always tell when I was looking at her.
"Morning," said Vanessa, her black hair in her face.
"Morning, Vanessa. Have a good night of sleep?" I said smirking.
"Yes I did. Finally. I haven't slept that well since..." Vanessa paused and looked at me.
"Since Apollo came for you and Teri," I said quietly.
"I'm gonna go eat," Vanessa said getting up and walking towards the kitchen.
I looked down and got up. I went over to Teri. Teri's light brown hair was swirled around her. She looked frightened. I knew she was dreaming about Apollo. I woke her up immediately and she jumped. As soon as she saw me she hugged me and started to cry. I held her closely and began to calm her down. She was afraid Apollo was going to get her again. She was crying quietly but hardly.
"He's not going to get you Teri. I promise. I'd rather shoot myself a million times than let him get you," I said to her.
"Really?" she asked.
"I swear," I said looking into her blue eyes.
"Ok," Teri said.
She wiped her tears and got up. I held her hand and we walked to the kitchen. We sat down at the table and began to eat breakfast. Kia looked at me intently. She knew I had something to tell them and she knew it was important. I looked at her and told her with my eyes that she'll know soon. She nodded and looked at her plate. When everyone was finished, I looked at everyone and knew now was the time to tell them.
" I think we should leave. To New Mexico. We'll take the tunnels to New Mexico so nobody will see us. If we decide to go then we pack up right away and leave as soon as we're done packing. If we go to New Mexico then Apollo won't find us. It's the best bet for us," I said looking at the floor.
"New Mexico? Why New Mexico? It's a desert and it's hard to get food and water there. Why can't we go to Illinois? It's cold but we can get food and water because of all the water and animals. It's a better bet than New Mexico. Last time we were there you almost got killed by all the wolves there. Illinois would be better," said Kia looking at me seriously.
"I think we should go to Illinois also. It's safer there Luna. I mean New Mexico is a good idea but all the wolves," said Vanessa quietly.
"I disagree. New Mexico is better. It'll be easier to protect ourselves from Apollo. He knows that we'd go to a place like Illinois where there is more water and animals. New Mexico is the best bet. We can go to Albuquerque. It's the only town that isn't destroyed as bad. It's only destroyed around the edges and the wolves don't go there. I know this because I went there once," said Teri looking at Kia and Vanessa.
Vanessa looked down and stared at the floor. Kia got up for her seat and started to pace around. I looked at them, curious about what they were thinking. I looked at Teri and she looked at me. We both figured they were thinking about where to go. Suddenly Kia sat down in her chair and they looked at me. Vanessa nodded at Kia.
"We'll go to Albuquerque then. I just hope we have time to get out of here," said Kia.
"We will Kia. Right now we should pack up our things. When you're done packing, meet me outside. We'll head to the subway and take a couple of carts. That way we won't have to walk. See you all in a little bit," I said getting up.
I walked to a store and grabbed a few suitcases and walked to my part of the mall. I packed all my clothes and shoes first. Then I packed my things. I knew we would never return to Portland so I was taking everything I liked. When I finished I went outside and waited for the others. When they came outside we all headed to the subway.
When we got to the subway we grabbed three carts. Carts are big boxes with wheels that go on the subway tracks run by electricity. We put our stuff into two of them and chained them together. We put sleeping bags, pillows, and food into the front cart and chained it to the other two. We got into the front cart and turned on the cart. It quickly started up and went down the subway tracks all the way to Albuquerque.  

Blood Slain Rose

Blood Slain Rose

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:20 pm
Chapter 6

It seemed to take forever just to get halfway to Albuquerque. One more day and we'd be living there. I thought about this for hours. It seemed like a good idea. Suddenly, the carts were knocked off the tracks and we were surrounded by men.
"Well, well, well. What have we got here? Hello, Luna," said one of them.
I looked up at the man who said those words. It was Apollo. How he got to so fast I didn't know. He must have figured out it was a lie that me and Kia were in Europe. I was scared half to death. He found us and he would torture us.
Almost suddenly we were knocked unconscious. The last thing I saw was Apollo, smiling evilly at me. When I awoke we were all in a cell together. I saw three men walk towards us. They opened the door and grabbed me. I was dragged down the hall and thrown into a room. I got up and saw two chairs. I sat down in the one facing the door. I stared straight at the door, waiting for it to open. When it finally opened, Apollo came in. He was looking at me with satisfaction.
"Hello Luna. You're eyes are still the same dark brown. It always made you look so dark and mysterious. How have you been?" he asked.
"Great till you showed up," I said glaring at Apollo.
"Still have the same spark don't you? I love that about you," he said walking over to me. He put his hands on my arms and his head on my right shoulder. He whispered in my ear, "You don't want me right now? Just to hold me and sing. To be with me again. You don't desire to be with me? You don't wish to love me like you did long ago? I wish you'd change your mind about me. It would be great if we were together again."
He slid his fingers down my neck and he held me. His words made tilt my head to the side and make me sigh in satisfaction. He was trying to convince me he wasn't that bad. It was working. I began to want him like I used to. Suddenly I realized what he was doing and I jumped out the chair, knocking him to the wall. I went to the other side of the table and began to breathe quickly.
"I will never love you again. I will always hate you. Nothing will change my mind," I said loudly.
He looked at me and then at the floor. I knew he was thinking something horrible. Then he looked at me angrily.
"Well I'm sorry you feel that way," he said, smiling evilly.
He attacked me and pinned me down. I began screaming. The guards came in with a rope. They tied me up and gave Apollo a knife. Then they left and Apollo glared at me. I began to struggle and he cut my face from the top corner of my right eye to the bottom corner of my left eye. It hurt a lot. He cut my right arm from shoulder to wrist. He cut left leg. I began crying in agony. It hurt too much. Blood ran down my face. I saw him look at me and smile. Apollo was enjoying this so much. Apollo grabbed the left over rope and hung it from the ceiling. He made a loop on the end of the rope that wasn't tied to the ceiling. Apollo dragged me to the rope. He lifted me up and put me on a chair. I knew what he was doing. Apollo grabbed the loop and it tightened around my neck.
"This is what you get for denying my offer and putting me in prison, Luna. Any last words?" he said.
"Yeah. Go to hell, Apollo," I said to him.
Suddenly the door flew open and the three of them were in the doorway. I looked at them. How did they escape? They knocked out the guards to get me. What will they do to Apollo? I looked at him and he looked at me. He kicked the chair out from under me and the rope began to strangle me. Apollo quickly ran out the door and the other went to me. They cut me down and I lost consciousness.
"Is she ok, Kia?" asked Vanessa.
"She'll be alright. Where are we, Teri?" said Kia.
"We're in Phoenix, Arizona. There are doctors here. Quick. We gotta get her to one of them," said Teri.
"Ok. Help me get her up, Vanessa," Kia said.
Vanessa and Kia picked me up. Kia grabbed me and held me. Teri directed them through Phoenix while Vanessa asked people where the closest doctor was at. I stayed unconscious the entire time.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:21 pm
Chapter 7

I woke up two hours later. It was almost noon and the sun was shinning bright. I sat up and looked around. I remembered what had happened to me but I couldn't remember how I got into a hospital. I saw Teri, she was asleep in a chair and Vanessa was asleep in the chair next to Teri. Kia was nowhere to be seen. I realized there was a bandage on my face, left leg, and right arm. When I moved my arm I cringed in pain. The door open and a nurse walked in. As soon as she saw me she gasped. She ran out the door and came back in with a doctor.
"You're awake!" the doctor said in surprise.
"Apparently," I said.
"How are you feeling? Are you ok?" the doctor asked.
"I'm fine. Who are you?" I said.
"I'm Dr. Reydan. This is my assistant Nurse Cayen." said Dr.Reydan.
"Where is Kia at?" I asked.
"She went to get some food. She said she would be back soon," said Nurse Cayen.
"What are your first names?" I asked.
"Mine is Daron," said Dr.Reydan.
"Mine is Jenna," said Nurse Cayen.
Suddenly Kia came through the door. When she saw me she ran over to the hospital bed and hugged me. I winced and groaned in pain. She quickly let go realizing that she shouldn't have done that. I looked into her beautiful blue eyes. She always seemed to change the mood in the room just by looking at people with her eyes showing her mood.
"I'm happy you're awake, Luna!" said Kia.
Just like I said, she changed the mood by looking at everyone who was awake with happy eyes. The mood went from surprised to happy. That made it a lot less awkward in the room.
"I'm glad to be alive," I said to her.
"Well any longer on that rope and you would be dead. Then we'd all cry for a year and then we'd shoot Apollo. When he'd die we would then go on a shopping spree," she said sarcastically.
We looked at each other and burst out laughing. Daron and Jenna obviously didn't get it. They looked at each other in silence. When we stopped laughing I glared at Vanessa and she woke up immediately. She looked at me and smiled. She shook Teri up. When Teri saw me, she jumped up from the chair and hugged me so tight that I yelped in pain. She let go immediately and patted my hand. I laughed and she smiled. It was so cute how she always did something funny so you had to forgive her. Well, it worked sometimes.
"When can I go?" I asked Daron.
"When your leg and face heal you can leave. Your arm doesn't need to be completely healed when you leave. It just needs to be in good condition. When your wounds heal you may have scars," said Daron.
I looked at him and nodded. He and Jenna left the room. Kia glared at me. She wanted to know what happened. I wasn't going to tell her and she knew it. I glared angrily at her and she knew immediately that she couldn't convince me to tell. I laid down in the bed and closed my eyes. I pretended to sleep so I could be alone.
"Why is she sleeping again?" asked Teri.
"She wasn't really asleep. Her mind was wandering so she didn't get the right type of sleep," said Vanessa.
Teri looked at me and then at Vanessa. They nodded to each other. Kia, Teri, and Vanessa left the room and I was all alone. I got off the bed and walked to the mirror. I looked like hell. I sat down in one of the chairs and took off the bandages on my leg. My leg was almost healed and it was leaving a scar. I put the bandages back on. I went over to the mirror and took off the bandages on my face. It was close to being healed considering how deeply he cut me I wasn't surprised. I put the bandages back on and went to the edge of the bed. My clothes were piled up neatly. I took of my hospital clothes and put on my clothes. Apparently the others found our stuff while I was out because I couldn't remember wearing this outfit. I brushed what I could of my hair and gathered my things. I escaped out the window. I was on the second floor and roof separated me from the others. I walked on the roof to one of the sides. I saw Kia and the others waiting there for me. I whistled and they looked up at me. Kia held out her arms and I jumped. I landed in her arms and I got down. We walked to the subway station and went inside. We got three carts together and started them up. I went past the stop for Albuquerque and headed towards New York.
"What are you doing, Luna? You missed the stop for Albuquerque," said Vanessa.
"We aren't going to Albuquerque," I said to Vanessa. She looked blankly at me and so did Teri and Kia. "We're going to New York City," I said.
" New York City? Awesome! Wait a minute. That's where..." said Kia.
"That's where Cassy grew up. Where Jack started the bombing. Where we were all born. Where we might find a way to the past at," I said to them.
"What do you mean, Luna? How will we possibly find a way to the past there?" asked Teri.
"I've been researching the bombing for the past five years. I think that there's a time portal there. I think this because it's the place where all this started. There might be something there that will lead us to the past. We'll stop at every other town to get some supplies we might need," I said to them.
They all stared at me blankly. To New York City. Wow. I wonder what it will be like there. I hope Apollo isn't there. I can't go another round with him anytime soon. I looked back at the pathway behind us. When he stops looking for us I'll never know.  

Blood Slain Rose

Blood Slain Rose

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:22 pm
Chapter 8

Apollo was hidden in the prison. When he was sure the four of us were gone he went to look around. His best men were murdered by Vanessa, Kia, and Teri.
"How could they lose? It was ten against three! How could they lose to a couple of girls? Weak ones at that! She must have trained them! How dare that wench! Next time I get her I will chain her to the wall! Torture her until she's close to death! Then strangle her with my own hands!" Apollo said angrily.
"Boss!" yelled one of Apollo's men.
"WHAT DO YOU WANT?!?!" yelled Apollo.
"There you are boss. We've been looking for you. Luna and the others were spotted heading towards New York in carts," said the man.
"What? New York? Good work John. You've been promoted to my personal assistant John. Go find them and keep an eye on them. They'll most likely be in New York City. Check there first. I'll follow a day after you leave. Now go," said Apollo.
"Yes sir!" said John.
John left quickly and Apollo was left alone. He smiled evilly. He went over to the room he slept in. Apollo opened the door and went straight to his closet. He opened the closet and grabbed the black bag. He opened it and pulled out a gun. A mysterious gun that nobody has ever seen.
"There we go. This blaster will show her a thing or two. Thank god it can hold every bullet made. She won't see it coming," said Apollo, smiling evilly.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:24 pm
Chapter 9

I stopped the cart for the first time. We were at New York City. We got our things together and went up the subway stairs. People were everywhere. I knew that New York City had a lot of people in it but not this much. We stood there in awe as people passed by us. I looked at Kia and she smiled at me awkwardly. She must still be getting used to my face. During our month travel here, my wounds healed and left me with three scars. I knew they were all still worried about me but I ignored that fact.

“Where should we go?” I asked.

Immediately, Teri looked up at me and said, “Why don't we go to an apartment complex and find an empty space there?”

“That's a good idea. We'll do that and then go out for food and other supplies.” I said with a look of happiness. I was trying to show the others that I didn't care about Apollo.

We walked to the nearest apartment complex. The whole thing was practically empty. I went towards the biggest apartment. It had six bedrooms, four bathrooms, a kitchen, a living room, a dinning room, and an office. We all picked a room and put away our clothes. We left for furniture after we finished putting away clothes.

First, we got bedroom necessities. Second, we got living room necessities. Finally, we got dinning room and kitchen necessities. When we were finished it was almost 11pm. Everybody fell asleep except me. I went out and got things for the office, which was mine. When I finished, I sat down and began to write.

'February 14, 2516

It would be valentines day if the world still celebrated holidays. The others have forgotten this day. It may just be a stupid tradition to you but to me it's more. It's my brother's birthday. He's four years older than me and six years older than Kia. His name is Jeremy. He left to find a way to the past when he was 14. Kia never got to met him. Our father never wanted Kia to know him. He hated Jeremy.

When our father died a year after Jeremy left, I told Kia about Jeremy. She was confused and angry that our father didn't tell her. When she was 10, she suffered from a blow to the head which damaged her memory. She forgot Jeremy. As the years go by I wonder what happened to my brother. I wonder what he is doing and what he's thinking about. I wonder if he thinks of me. I may never know.'

I put down my pen and looked at the window. I sighed and looked down at the desk. I got up and walked to my room. I laid down on my bed and fell asleep instantly.  

Blood Slain Rose

SilverLake

Invisible Citizen

9,800 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:33 am
My two cents.

Ch.1
Too much backstory for a chapter 1, it could maybe work for a prologue or a back cover. For the second paragraph though, I think that instead of telling you should just show it, but I think it is a good concept. Although I'm wondering how they would know it was Portland after 500 years...

Ch.2
If everyone forgot about the past then how would they know about Jack and Cassy? I mean, even if they did know about the past 500 years is a long time to remember and in telling stories it could become somewhat warped.

About the wolves... It is nearly impossible to compare things to something you've never seen, but I personally think they are awesome.

Just a thought, if they're trying to survive then why would they know so much?

Love the ending, puts the characters into something forboding. Who delivered the package?

Ch.3
Um don't say you're going into "a flashback" think of something a little more creative. ^_^ It's good though.

Ch.4
I like how the relationship mirrors that of Cassy and Jack a little. This chapter is realy nicely done.

Ch.5
In the sentence "I walked threw the mall and went into our kitchen" in the first paragraph, threw should be through. Otherwise I like it.

Ch.6
Nice! I was wondering when he'd appear and ruin their plans.

Ch.7
This chapter wasn't bad, except I'm wondering how long it was that she was in the hospital because cuts don't heal in a day. Other than that it was great... Hold on, if they were born in New York City then why wouldn't she know what it was like there?

Ch.8
Could do more with character development like what he thinks about what he's doing.

Ch.9
Nice way to slip memories in!

Over all try to keep everything in the same tense and don't explain so much and don't be afraid to elaborate a little with what happens. I think it's awesome though. Keep writing. If you had more I wouldn't mind reading it, the plot is quite intreguing. ^_^  
Writing: Prose

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games