Reply Other Dance
Lyrical

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dance_rox_my_jazz_shoes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:43 pm
Who else here luvs lyrical? It's one of my favorite styles of dance! Post comments about lyrical HERE!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:14 pm
what exactly is the definition of lyrical dance?
i've never really understood what sets it apart from contemporary ballet.  

Illustrious Verse
Captain

Beloved Fatcat

7,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100

amakama

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:13 am
Illustrious Verse
what exactly is the definition of lyrical dance?
i've never really understood what sets it apart from contemporary ballet.

Neither, I thought Lyrical was part of Contemporary, actually i thought Contemporary was lyrical...

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:33 pm
ok i am in pointe and flat ballet, and i will be taking lyrical next year. i have always wanted to do lyrical. but anyhow, lyrical is a cross between jazz and ballet, and it tells a story. it has more feeling, more expression then regular ballet. like for example a few years ago my teacher did a lyrical at our recital and the song was about the girl's boyfriend, husband, whatever, was in the military(my brother is in the air Force he he he), and he died. and she used props, a chair and a flag, and used them through the dance. at one pointe she wrapped herself in the flag, and it was so sad. but it described the song very well. so that is lyrical. ballet, with a hint of jazz, that describes a story.  

1000 Embraces

Dierwe

Sparkling Shoujo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:47 pm
i love lyrical because that's when i get to dance my heart out ^^ everytime at competition my group and i try to make the judges cry, so we put everything we've got into it. but i think that every type of dance is a form of giving out your emotion :]  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:56 pm
Lyrical has always been my favorite, I love ballet, but the jazz style works with my body better. This combination just works incredibly! ^.^  

Twitchums_1
Crew

6,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Other Dance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items