Where do you like to read/write? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

penandpaper67
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:11 pm
Where is your favorite place to read? I like to hole up in my room and cuddle into my covers when the sun is shining just perfectly through my window. And what about your favorite place to write? I love to write outside on my deck or on my bedroom floor. Pretty much any place where I can listen to music and relax.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:16 pm
I like the sun room or by my bed. I tend to change spots when I read so pretty much where ever.  

5 to midnight
Crew

H20edDownAzn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:12 pm
A big comfy chair is brilliant for reading. I don't have one in my dorm room though crying . As for writing, the best place to write is where inspiration strikes, in class, at my desk, in my bed, in the shower...I've been really tempted to put a dry-erase board in the shower for jotting down thoughts.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:21 am
Sitting at my computer with a blank Word document open and ready. 3nodding  

OrionsGift

AmethystDragon81

450 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:46 am
When I read, if it's a nice day I like to go outside and lean against the trunk of my favourite tree where the sun shines just right and keeps me warm. If it isn't that nice I like to sit on my bed where I can look out my window and see the happenings of the outside world. When I write, as long as I'm able to relax and I can listen to my favourite music, I don't really care.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:33 pm
When it comes to reading, I love lying down on my bed with my stomach on the bed, and the book in front of my face. I prefer to read at night because I just love the silence of the night and the darkness of the outside, compared to the noise of cars passing by and the irritating glint of the sun when I read.

As for writing, I love using my computer to write. Favorite time is still at night, though. There's nothing better than sitting in front of the desktop, typing the hours before 6 o'clock A.M. away.  

irock708

XGamerRichy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:34 pm
When it comes to reading I'll read anywhere, except maybe a cemetary or a hospital ward or anywhere horrible, but my bed, my parent's bed, my sister's bed, the seatee, the big chair (It's not big, but it's the head chair), the garden, a hotel, any house belonging to a close family member, anywhere really.

When it comes to writing, I prefer my bedroom since it's more private....  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:17 am
Reading: I like couches. I like a dim room, and a corner spot on a comfy couch. Nearby must be a mug of tea or coffee (I'm a tea snob!) I don't often listen to music while I'm reading. I get so absorbed in the book that I wouldn't notice music anyway.

I don't like beds or chairs, usually. I don't like to read on my desktop or in a librarian. I'm also fond of quieter coffee shops, providing I can get my back into a corner.

Writing: Tim Hortons are my favourite spot. THey are coffee/sandwich/doughnut shops very popular in Canada. I set myself up with an extra-large double-double coffee and a blueberry fritter, then I write. No other coffee spot inspires me to write like Tims do.

For some reason, I can't write fiction in my home. I sit there with my wide-ruled notebook and a comfortable pen and write till I stop. I usually have music without lyrics.

For school papers, I tend to write bed using my laptop. I set my desktop up playing music or a simplistic TV show, and write my papers until they're done. I can listen to any music, so long as it's music I'm familiar with (no new albums!)  

UberTumbleweed

)(Over.Dose.On.Cyanide)(

Feral Dog

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:22 am
I can wright just about anywhere... And read for that matter... I'm pretty good about tuning things out... But my favorite place for both would most likely be in my room, or somewhere away from people.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:43 am
Usually, when I read, I try to find a quiet, comfortable, and non-distracting place (usually my room). As for writing, I usually am either at my computer with a Word document open or in school when inspiration has struck and I can't wait until I'm home.  

Nathan Galvan

Walter Joven

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:31 am
In my room, alone.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:00 pm
Reading: I enjoy reading in bed above all other places. Nowhere else can I curl up so comfortably. Additionally, I like dragging my book and pillow on top of my mother's minivan. I feel like I'm on top of the world, and I usually don't come down for a good 30 minutes or so.

Writing: I don't like writing by hand very much, so I usually write at my computer desk in the Microsoft Word program. If I have a lot of free time away from my computer, however, I'll write on couches. I hate writing in the car because my siblings and parents annoy me, usually making my writing angsty.

Quote:
I've been really tempted to put a dry-erase board in the shower for jotting down thoughts
blaugh  

Coolgab1219

Islua

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:42 am
Reading:I like curling up in "my" chair or in my bed, but I can read while in a vehicle or walking.

Writing:By the computer or in "my" chair or bed, somewhere with books around, or comfortable.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:33 pm
Quote:
I don't like to read on my desktop or in a librarian.

I can see how reading whilst inside of a librarian could have it's share of problems.

xd  

H20edDownAzn

UberTumbleweed

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:04 am
H20edDownAzn

I can see how reading whilst inside of a librarian could have it's share of problems.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

I've just recently discovered a new plush chair in the library basement, located very close to the university's kidlit collection. It's a marvellous spot to read!  
Readers' and Writers' Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff