Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Raccoon Public Library:: (Fan-Fiction)
Survival: The Attic

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:28 pm
Well here's the next entry in my little Survival series. This one takes place before Watery Grave, as you'll notice. This took a while, mainly because I couldn't find some good writing time and it's kinda long, so... yeah. Don't be surprised if quality isn't quite as good. sweatdrop Anyway, here ya go!

Survival: The Attic

Part One

The gun trembled in my hand, and my body followed suit. Walking through the eerily quiet, softly-lit hallway, I heard a slight scream through one of the doors. I nearly squealed myself, but kept my composure as I hurried over to it, gathering my wits. After a few seconds, I opened the door and rushed in, handgun at the ready. What I saw nearly cost me a loss of lunch. A man was crumpled against a wall with his shotgun propped up beside him. Something that frightened me was the amount of blood pooled around him.

"Richard!" I exclaimed, jogging the small distance to him. Having thought I was one of the undead, he'd had a hand on the shotgun until he'd seen me. "Chris..." he mumbled weakly, and before anyone could say another word, the door opened again. Quicker than I'd thought I could, my gun was out and aimed behind me. My muzzle was pointed at a girl, by the looks of it not even 20, who shrieked and cried "Don't shoot! I'm Rebecca Chambers, S.T.A.R.S. Bravo Team!"

Before she'd even finished the sentence, my weapon was lowered. As long as she wasn't one of the flesh-eating freaks, she was okay. "Chris Redfield, I'm from Alpha Team. We came here to rescue you, but things went downhill fast," I explained quickly. "Enough about that, though, we have to help Richard!" Stepping aside to reveal the Bravo Team's communications expert, I watched Rebecca most to his side instantly. "Oh my! Richard, what happened?!"

Coughing, the man replied slowly. "I was... in the attic... Out of this hole in the call came-- Agh!" Cringing, Richard screamed again, causing another intense chill to shoot down my spine. "These cuts..." Rebecca whispered. "They're not too deep, so they shouldn't be bleeding so bad. Look at this, though..." Indicating the swollen, purple skin around the cuts, she continued. "It has to be poison. As a medic, I can tell it's potent. Some serum is in the medicine room downstairs, I should've grabbed it!"

Gripping my firearm tightly, I made up my mind and said quickly "I'll go get it. Rebecca, stay here and do what you can. Richard... hang in there." Before either could respond, I was out the door, sprinting through the halls as I made my way to the room with the staircase leading directly beside the medicine room. Trouble was... it was on the other side of this large mansion.

On my way, I encountered some of my not-so-alive friends. A few bullets to the brain, and they were down for good. Having to run over them to reach my destination, the sickly stench burned my nostrils. Decay was one thing on the list that did not smell like flowers. Finally reaching the staircase, I launched myself down at record speeds and stumbled into the wall at the bottom. Recovering swiftly, I opened the door beneath the staircase and entered the medicine room. Checking the packed shelves hurriedly, one bottle caught my eye. "High-level Toxin Serum" was written across it, along with the Umbrella Inc. logo. "I'll get you for this..." I growled at the label, snatching up the small bottle and heading straight back for Richard.

It took a few minutes to run through the cramped halls, but I finally made it back and shoved the bottle into Rebecca's hands. She wasted no time in pulling off the top, which doubled as a syringe on the bottom. "I'm going to give you a shot, Richard." Filling the small syringe, she stuck it in his arm and depressed the spring, forcing the liquid into his system. Richard's head hung for a second and I gulped, fearing it was too late. However, a moment later he looked up and chuckled. "Does it always hurt that much?"

Relief practically shoved its way into me as I leaned back against the wall. "Chris. I saw one mast by the hole in the wall. It's part of a puzzle I found that could get us out of here. I couldn't grab it before I was attacked..." Richard muttered while Rebecca started patching up his cuts and bruises. Knowing what he wanted me to do, I nodded. "If it'll get us out, I'm all for it." Smiling, Richard weakly lifted his shotgun up for me to take, which I did. Along with it, I was given a satchel of shotgun shells. At the same time, Richard and Rebecca both wished me good luck. With that, I disappeared behind the only other door in the small room.

There was a small room branching off down a dark hall, and four or five steps in front of me leading to the attic. This I knew because the door was old and dusty, with cobwebs hanging off of it. Anticipation for a chance to escape mixed with apprehension of just what this attacker was. I should've asked... I thought to myself. The two were right behind me in the next room, but I felt confident. Afterall, I was the marksman of my team; Richard was the communications expert. Stepping up to the door, I opened it and walked in.

Quietly shutting it behind me, I looked around the dark, dilapidated dump of an attic. Moonlight was the only helper in here, glinting off a mask in a corner with a large hole in it. You can do it, just sprint for it. I told myself in my mind, confidence failing me now. In a flash I was there, gripping the mask tightly as I started running back for the door. Before I even got halfway, a large head obstructed my path. Beady slits started into my eyes and a mouth opened wide, letting out a hiss that smelled of death.

My heart nearly stopped. A giant snake, at least twenty feet wide and nine or ten around, was getting ready to make me food. Tensing up, I jumped to the side at the last minute to avoid its humongous jowls. Without hesitation I lifted my only hope and fired at the monster. The shotgun blast rang on in the attic like a bomb and a bell, but I ignored it. Pumping again, I quickly shot the monster again. Blood poured from the wounds, though the beast didn't notice. Lunging again, I had merely a second to move. "Agh! No!" Its venomous tooth scraped my skin and I shot its slick, scaly body once more. Hissing, the horrid creature slid back to its hole.

Knowing I needed serum, I ran back out the door and into the room with Rebecca and Richard. "Got it!" I exclaimed. Pulling the mask into view, I tossed it to the two. Out of left field, pain flourished in my arm and spread up to my torso. Could venom be this... The thought never finished as I hit the floor.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:01 pm
Part Two

"Chris!" I cried, rushing over to him. "R-Rebecca, I need serum..." he mumbled, and I nodded. "Don't try to move, it'll spread the toxins faster. I'll be right back!" The door to the U-hall burst open as I ran into it. Two lives were in my hands now... who'd have though an 18-year-old could get involved in something like this? Acting fast, I ran to the nearest door on my way to the medicine room.

C'mon, Rebecca, faster! my mind shouted, and I complied. Racing through the two halls to the staircase, I took the stairs three at a time. Staggering into the wall momentarily, I got it together and entered the room beneath the staircase, grabbing the bottle that looked similar to the one I had in my pocket. This would've been so much easier if Richard hadn't needed it all...

My feet flew across the floorboards and back up steps as I made my way back for my destination. A body I stepped over groaned and I smirked, unholstering my weapon. Turning around, I quickly noticed that this one was different. In place of its left hand was a claw, and instead of gray, decayed skin, its hue was blood-red. What was worse was that it started running at me. Reacting as nimbly as I could, I turned back and all-out sprinted for the door.

Opening it, I dove through and slammed it shut, flying for the other door. Sliding through, I opened the next door on my right, which revealed Chris and Richard once again. Immediately I ran to Chris and got the syringe. "I'm back, Chris. Here comes the shot." With that, I injected him with the antivenom and let loose a long sigh of relief. He would live.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

::Raccoon Public Library:: (Fan-Fiction)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games