Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Rhinestones!? D;

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shiiinyyyy....
  rhinestooones---
View Results

User_2629207

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:18 am
Rulin' ya universes...

scream I am going nutzoid here! Does ANYONE know where I can get the nice kind of rhinestone used for jewellry making, the lovely shiny ones with the nice cut and NOT the crappy plastic flatback? I seriously can't find good rhinestones anywhere, I've even started breaking apart some jewellry for the sake of pretty rhinestones xD

Does anyone know of online stores etc. where I can get them?
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:08 am
How about FireMountainGems?
A quick look there got me this:
FMG rhinestones
Is this the kind of stuff you are looking for?

By the way, I really like your avatar, it's very nicely done smile  

bit_witch

Invisible Gekko

10,950 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Generous 100

User_2629207

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:15 am
Rulin' ya universes...

Oh my gosh! *_* so much shiny! *_* And they do have the ones I wanted! biggrin Thank you so much! and thanks for the compliment, too <3
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:15 am
Whenever you're looking for something like that, I find it best to check out Etsy. 3nodding For future searches, of course.  

JJKo

Kay-VW

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:57 pm
I like to make simple jewelry, I sometimes will take a necklace or bracelet that I don't like, or think is ugly, and take it apart and use the beads to turn them into something pretty.  
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:40 am
I'm glad to see you found your rhinestones. I know how aggrivating it is to look all over for something and juts not be able to find it for the life of you.

I can honestly say, though, the only time I've ever bought rhinestones was about 3 weeks ago. I bought a necklace charm that will make a great broach for an Elizabethan Court dress. I cut off the top loop, and pried out the "diamonds" currently in it. Clear stones are not acceptable in Elizabethan garb- they didnt have the technology to shape diaominds then. So I'm replacing the stones with red rhinestones. "Rubies" for the win! ^^  

Silver Mist

Aki Yasu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:34 am
You could also do an internet search for jewelry suppliers near you, they will have a good selection on hand, as well as several cataloges that you can order from. Sometimes you can get pretty good deals too.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:19 am
Yu could always try _Fill in the blank_.com - I found tons of stuff on rhinestones.com. not sure it was what you wanted tho! surprised ) have a great one all!  

GrousyMousie

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff