Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Dreams (no relation to kirby's)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Galladonsfire

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:25 am
I come with the topic of dreams to ask the guild their knowledge upon it...

Last night I dreamt of a battlefield that I was in and I was following my commander in a reconnaissance mission to take out snipers. Most of it was unethical and even so I still followed... While we were returning home successfully, we came into an area with guerrilla fighters... a portly woman came running out with an Tommy Rifle... (don't ask why she was portly or was fighting because I know not the reasoning) My commander was ahead of me and she immediately spotted me, the bullets felt as cold as ice on my neck and pelted me like rain drops. It felt so real and I felt so cold in the end as I saw my commander running to avenge me. What I am asking here is if someone has the capacity of knowledge and understanding of why I could feel it so real in my dreams... I am also sure this has not been the first time... and also believe that others may have felt this too in some form or manner... all I ask is for understanding of what this is called and more of what its about...

thank you all.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:09 am
I once had a dream were I ate a reese buttercup- but like in a little ball. It tasted real. =d

But that's the closet I've been to, except when I'm laying on my arm to long that it falls alseep and in my dreams my arm is hurt/damage or something. But that's only happened once or twice I believe.

Oh! I once had a dream where I had to go pee really bad. I think I told myself to get up in that dream, and then I went pee-not in bed- in a tiolet... <.<; xD;

I have no clue as to why you could feel it to be so real, maybe you were in a very deep sleep? Or perhaps maybe somebody for some reason somebody was dropping water onto you? <.<;

My mom has a book that tells her what her dreams mean, you should buy one maybe? I could try to find 'battlefeild' or something in her's, but it's in spanish so- I dunno how long it'd take me to find it. {But that's why we have translators! } Or look on wikipdeia is my best offer to see if you can learn more about this strange type of dreaming.. I don't really have much to say for help aside from that.

Oukow

Galladonsfire

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:34 am
well its not really a translation I'm looking for but more of cause and effect sort of how this works to where I feel it so real.... jus bein curious here. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:54 am
Maybe-Maybe....

You're not dreaming...!

What if whenever you go into sleep, you actaully leave this wolrd-dimension and your spirit,mind soul travels through a tear or a portal to this other world.
In this other world is your alternate self, and when he sleeps your soul comes back to Earth, but when you sleep on Earth your soul goes back to him! Get what I'm saying?
Maybe that's why it feels real, because maybe it is!

Oukow

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:55 am
I had one of those so-real-you-wake-up-and-still-think-you're-in-the-dream-and-can-feel-stuff dreams the other night! O: I dunno what makes 'em real. I can;t even speculate, your dream was too different from mine.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:56 am
Oukow
Maybe-Maybe....

You're not dreaming...!

What if whenever you go into sleep, you actaully leave this wolrd-dimension and your spirit,mind soul travels through a tear or a portal to this other world.
In this other world is your alternate self, and when he sleeps your soul comes back to Earth, but when you sleep on Earth your soul goes back to him! Get what I'm saying?
Maybe that's why it feels real, because maybe it is!

That would be....insane.... totally incredible and I would believe that!  

Galladonsfire

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:58 am
Ooh. Maybe that's why my Ametris-dreams were so real! ^^

MD, that mighta been one of your reincarnations.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:10 pm
I've had reoccuring dreams of three things:

Falling.
Flying.
And getting chased around the house by a huge black panther that usually ends up killing me in the end.
The panther one used to feel so real that I couldn't walk through our house at night because I always thought it was waiting for me. I'm serious. I can remember feeling so scared once from that dream that I went to bed with a knife under my pillow so I could use it when the panther came.
O.o
Dreams are like outlets into your subconscious.
I remember dreams where I could feel the rain on my skin, the shivers up my spine, and everything...
I really doubt it has anything to do with reincarnation and other worlds. rofl It's more like your imagination and your mind working over the things you've expirienced and felt.
Dreams rock!  

Serenity Reed
Crew

Xahmen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:37 pm
Love to hear about this stuff guys, but I'm going to be moving this to General Chatter in about a day.  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games