Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
The messenger bag I made Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Umberella

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:49 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I took all my favorite scraps of fabric and quilted them together to make this wildly colorful messenger bag.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:43 pm
Wow, that looks great! What are the measurements, roughly?  

curli

Umberella

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:36 pm
It's 12 1/2 inches wide, 9 1/2 inches tall, and 3 inches deep. The strap is 37 inches long. Thanks for looking!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:03 am
I must say that is awsome bag! I love it! whee Hoping one day i may become a good crafter like you Umberella! You inspired me! biggrin  

Lovable Soul

cryahp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:58 am
That's gorgeous, I have to say.

I hope I get motivated to get into bag-making soon. There are so many cool examples to inspire here, but I can only handle knitting straight scarves right now!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:32 am
Thanks! It makes me happy to hear people on Gaia saying nice stuff instead of bashing each other all the time. I'm really glad I found this guild.  

Umberella

NightRainSpirit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:14 pm
whee that is so awesome i hav seen many but i really like yours so far....what other stuff hav you been completing lately  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:44 pm
I sew purses all the time and I make clothes (just normal-not too much cool stuff) and I knit purses.  

Umberella

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:47 pm
that is like way awesome  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:42 pm
*Jaw drops* I love it! I'm loving those skull fabrics. It looks so great. I have to make one. Thankyou for showing it to us!  

Jehnaier

KariudoMegami

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:08 am
Nice! It looks really good. Once I get enough of them I'm planning to make something like it out of all of those gauge swatches. Useful knitting by-product.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:34 pm
It's beautiful! Where do you get such nice fabrics? I only see plain stuff at the crafting stores I go to.  

I.am.Nny

Umberella

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:13 pm
Some of these fabrics are from my mom's and grandmother's stash (so they haven't been in stores for 20+ years), but I find the best scraps at fabric stores that are specifically for quilters. You can buy fat quarters in stacks which are smallish pieces of fabric. These can have some great detailed patterns on them. Also, the best quilting fabric store I've ever been to is The Cotton Ball in Morro Bay, California! (I used to live there.) I miss that store very much. Maybe they do mail order?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:24 am
I'd love to have one of those! Did it take you a long time to make?  

Dracolich

Dangerous Vampire

Umberella

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:23 pm
A day for the quilting and a day for the purse sewing.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff