Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
So what do you think is after death? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Isaac742

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:05 pm
Even though i am an athiest i personally believe in reincarnation. What is your take on it?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:12 pm
Reincarnation is a possibility...however, I personally belief is that after death there's a great big vat of nothingness.

[x] Natasha [x]

Throwaway243

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:47 pm
I dont think there is anything. Just like before you were born, no thoughts,no feelings, nothing.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:14 pm
While I have some ideas, I really don't know nor do I prescribe myself to one idea. However, I know I don't believe in an afterlife, or at least one like Heaven/Hell, Hades, etc. To me, it's most likely that there is nothing after we die. No afterlife, no reincarnation, no souls, nothing.

Sure, sometimes it scares the s**t out of me to think what nonexistence is like, but other times, like right now, I'm either too preoccupied to care ro I use it as a motive to not die as best as I can.  

CaprinaePsi

Teoka

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:44 pm
An afterlife would be nice, but seeing as there's no proof, there's more than likely gonna be nothingness after death.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:12 pm
Ctrl-Alt-Explode
I dont think there is anything. Just like before you were born, no thoughts,no feelings, nothing.

I agree, that's always been my view.  

Ultra Sarah

Zambimaru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:53 pm
I believe theres nothing. When you die your brain shuts down and you don't feel, taste, or think. Like one huge blackout.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:49 pm
Decay.

rolleyes

But other than that, I dunno. I've never died as far as I know.  

PhaedraMcSpiffy

Levis Pennae

Dapper Citizen

6,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:44 am
I would like to think that when I die, and I'm in the process of being recycledback into the earth, that what ever eat my flesh I will control (i.e. army of worms). But other than that, I expect a lot of rot, and maybe I will have a few gas bubbles escaping from my stomach that will somehow enable me to speak my final will and testimate to my family, or maybe just one final stinky "f you" to the world.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:48 am
It is a scary thing, but we'll never know until it happens eh?  

-GS-Sailor Nemesis

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:45 am
I think with death will come the ultimate peace. It'll be like falling asleep, except there is no dreaming. Your body rots, and you return to the earth from which all was originally born.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:41 am
User Image
I don't know. It's one of the great mysteries of life.

You'll never know until you're dead, so I don't worry about it anyhow.

Personally, I hope there's something, but I know damn well that there is probably going to be a giant void of deadness, in which nothing happens.

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Linzs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:45 pm
I think there is absolutely nothing. Your consciousness pretty much ceases to exist, so there's not blank space or anything. As long as other creatures are conscious, that is what exists..Sort of like reincarnation, but not.

It's hard to explain.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:06 pm
The dinosaurs are returning...

After death there is decomposition.

End of story.

...and they want their oil back.

[The Looney Bin]

CaprinaePsi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:06 pm
[The Looney Bin]

After death there is decomposition.

End of story.

Not always. What if you're eaten by an animal? Or if you're burned to point where you're just ashes? OR if you're frozen? I mean sure, there's a chance the ice will melt, but what if you die in the north pole? Then, your body would most likely stay frozen until the planet is destroyed.

See, death doesn't always lead to decomposition.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff