Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
For the Boy Who Could Never...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:53 pm
He circles the rooms, forgetting about meals, sleep, and anything else tangible or grounding. I do not pretend to understand him, or the ways in which his body turns into wild electricity. When everything shines bright and nothing is out of reach. He sings to the world at midnight, doesn't remember sunlight approaching, and the coffee pot just can't seem to fill up fast enough.

Last night, all the letters I wrote to him were thrown into a fire. He said he was "tired of words, didn't want to hear or read any more of them," and instead was, "going to use body language as the only form of communication from here on out."

I have forgotten what it is to be stable, permanent. What it's like to not have everything you are consumed by a fire that can never be quenched. He wants it all. And his body keeps humming to the tune of universal agony.

He's packing his bags. Says he's tired of the city and needs to live in the forest. He wants to dig his hands into the soil and "feel the warmth of Gaia."

Wait no,

Tibet. Yes. He's going to Tibet to "free the people from the clutches of China."

Never mind.

He doesn't have time for Tibet, he "already arranged for dinner with Jesus. Yes. Really. He’s a good man isn't he? Awfully kind. Awfully..."

He's unpacking his bags. Doesn't have time to go anywhere, the pizza delivery should be here any moment now. “He's taking an awfully long time though isn't he? Isn't he?” He's standing by the window. He wants to get a better view of the situation. Making sure the delivery isn't going to the wrong house. “God, it has been a long time hasn't it? Is the coffee done? Where the ******** is he? This is the last time we order from there, you can be sure of that.”

There is nothing to be sure of with him. Today, in this moment, his words are true. But, the moment fades, (as moments always do,) and then there are new truths, new stories, new plans. Here I stand, waiting for this man to come down again. Sometimes it lasts for days and sometimes it's only for a few hours. Either way, we never stop chasing circles and spinning on stars.

He is here.
He is alive.
He is everything.

Full title: For the Boy Who Could Never Fill Those Empty Spaces. (That Mania Can Be Blinding.)

We never forget those that let it all go down in flames.
Or perhaps we allow it to.
Perhaps we are the ones that say 'yes, I believe this is how it shall end.'

Or maybe it never ends. Maybe you'll choose to keep chasing circles with him, love his cycles, and keep a close eye on the moon.

That's your story.
Perhaps this is mine.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:10 pm
Could kinda relate to this one. Magnificent presentation.  

KirbyVictorious

d e s d e m o n o
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:15 pm
Because I'm a bad person, I thought 'ADD much?"

But it was perfectly written, and that guy sounds like an amazing character.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:24 am
Oh, he is up there with some of my favorites.

Thank you both.  

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

in the flicker.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:13 pm
hm...i think we've all known someone almost like the person you've described.

but we've not known him. who can?

anyway, VERY interesting, intriguing, and altogether touching. this sort of writing is what i strive for--something raw and real.

a tiny grammatical error, though:
"I do not pretend to understand him, or the ways in which his body turns" should not have a comma. i suppose you can leave it if you like (if you laugh in the face of grammar, which you have full right to do, lol), but it is technically incorrect.

i strive to be talented enough to ignore most grammar and make up my own and still be coherent enough that some can understand me.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:41 pm
Well, techniquely speaking, grammars are used as a slight pause in a sentence.. And well No rule book can tell me when I can and cannot pause.

So therefore, I freely break grammar rules. whee

Thanks though.  

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

Serenity Reed
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:20 pm
Well! I want to read more about these freaks people. sweatdrop I really do. I thought it was very nice. I really would like to hear more... And I bet I look like a total noobsauce if here is more up somehwere and I don't know it.
rofl
Keep it up!!! heart  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:06 pm
I really enjoyed reading this.

I've wanted to have a character similiar to this for a long while but when I begin to write I get lost in my own thoughts of what created this person to act like this or what personality disorder I can associate it with most correctly and begin to lose the warmth of the character with the scientific or textbook reasoning behing why they are the way they are.

This was really well written and I hope that there are more from this character, or characters similiar to this.

[.Disposable Dweeb.]

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:17 pm
I am not one to continue too much on characters.

Only in stories.. or my 100 Themes Project, do character return.

But then again, I am not saying it has never happened.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:07 pm
hm...

technically speaking (because i cannot comment on "techniquely"), grammar is used to guide the reader and make your point clear. if you can do that without the rules of grammar, you have my praise.

that whole "used as a pause" thing...makes me want to throw up, but that's just because i work as a tutor and these people were obviously never taught how to actually use commas in formal writing.

i do, however, commend your vigor in defense of your technique...not that i was attacking it =P i think this sort of technique should be encouraged in creative writing.  

in the flicker.

Xahmen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:02 pm
The guy makes me think of a fantastical version of me. Weird.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:41 pm
Woo! Flicker, you are the first to catch that in forever.

I have been doing it periodically on here, and in school to see who will catch it. Congrats, you are the first in a while. =] (This being on the techniquely x])

And Zahmen, I must say, I did think of you a little while writing this.  

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces