Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Study (Research)
Astral worms and how to get rid of them

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Felouen

Shirtless Raider

10,150 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hunter 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:24 am
I read in my local book about magic about astral worms, but because it´s not in English I´m not sure what´s the proper name. They are also mentioned by Papus and Griese.

They are being created by human emotions, and feed on the life force, or emotions. They look like grey, misty things (supposedly) and attach themselves to a person and leach them.

Now I was thinking, is there way to get rid of them? The book doesn´t say anything how to get rid of them, what about Lesser Banishing Ritual?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:19 pm
Hey, there. Was wondering if you could tell me more about these astral worms. The term didn't come up with any articles in Wikipedia, so I couldn't research it myself.  

Creamy Prickles

Felouen

Shirtless Raider

10,150 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hunter 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:58 am
Well, it says they are pure astral entities created by emotions/obssessions, and they leech a specific one, the one which created them. And also blood and semen, as they carry "life energy". They try to arouse the emotion in the person to which they are attached, and then leech it. So often people become obssessed with something.

They also feed on primal needs and emotions, and according to many authors they are located on the lowest astral realm.

So you can have for example a worm which preys upon a smoker, and tries to make him smoke more and more.

A person can have lots of them, he is not limited to one.

Try to look through works by Papus, Paracelsus, O.Griese, S. de Guaita, and F. Bardon.

I have a summary in my book, where he quotes these authors, but it doesn´t say in which of their works they mention it...  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:13 pm
Felouen
I read in my local book about magic about astral worms, but because it´s not in English I´m not sure what´s the proper name. They are also mentioned by Papus and Griese.

They are being created by human emotions, and feed on the life force, or emotions. They look like grey, misty things (supposedly) and attach themselves to a person and leach them.

Now I was thinking, is there way to get rid of them? The book doesn´t say anything how to get rid of them, what about Lesser Banishing Ritual?
Ok i know what you are talking about there is a way to get rid of them. First you have to identify what the "astral worm" is feeding off of. Then you must deal with the problem. Basically you need closer.  

damian99

Undomriel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:42 am
I am aware that it's been a bit since this page was prompted, but I was studying the matter three years ago when investing my time in spirit study in order to purify and be able to perform a handfast for some friends with divine providence of the wiccan faith... I found out about these, where they assume themselves as spirits in doubt during a time of coming together.

Suffering because of a natural dislike of an artificial union creates the spiritual energy to which 'akishra' or 'astral worms' are attracted.

In folklore they are blamed for cases of stillborn children, rumored to be carried by the semen of a man who was apprehensive at the time of marriage, and even more in anguish at the time of intercourse.

This is actually connected to the idea that desire for continuation of the sex act as a pleasurable activity and an object of desire over an emotional experience, which is actually proven to whittle down on the likelihood of fertilization.

This pertains directly to your comment about semen and blood, because an erection is formed by collection of blood at the base of the p***s. This pertains directly to stimuli, and also to the ideal of marriage, because it is important to object yourself if you are the 'priest' of a matrimony and you see something in either spouse-to-be which seems unhealthy when it comes to their personal relationship.

The cleansing IS actually simple. As said before, an Akishra may be banished simply by willpower, and even more so by a combination of willpower, and accepting outside help with the cushion of the willpowers of others. No ritual required, though some desires are more horrible and potent than others.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:03 am
Where're you guys getting your information from? These sound really interesting. o.o  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Undomriel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:19 am
I'll try to find the book I was reading.

It was a little old.

And it was scathing towards dark skinned people, which I didn't like.

But it had some really strange information.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:13 pm
Undomriel
I'll try to find the book I was reading.

It was a little old.

And it was scathing towards dark skinned people, which I didn't like.

But it had some really strange information.

Do keep us posted, and report back if you find it pls. =o  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Kajunk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:29 pm
Felouen

Well if what you mentioned is true, I'd like to know how to get rid of it as well, because I may be suffering from the example you just gave. sad  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:10 pm
damian99
First you have to identify what the "astral worm" is feeding off of. Then you must deal with the problem. Basically you need closer.

I agree. That is the most effective way. They wouldn't be able to feed if there wasn't anything in your own aura capable of attracting them. Indiference is also a good method. By not paying attention to it, it won't be able to get any astral energy.

From your description, it appears to be more or less what A. E. Powell describes as "astral vampires". They like certain kind of environments where they can find people to feed from. Therefore, they like pubs, nightclubs, any place where they can find people looking for emotional experiences. Alcohol and drugs also affect people's ability to block them and therefore they become perfect victims.

Alba Lux

The Healer of Lost Souls

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:50 pm
Yeah, you become very vulenerable under drugs, stress, alchol, ect.

And the astral worms as you call them, make the person do whatever it is to make them even more vulerable, so they can feed off of them...

Freaky, kinda like vampyres excepts it's just spirits....  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:49 am
I'm intrigued. I will look into the writers mentioned above to find out more. I've never heard of this phenomena. However, I have had a sudden obsession as of late, it could be that I'm infected by this ... "Astral Worm" but it could be something else ...

We shall see, right?  

Hydrogen Nebula

Saeiane Kveldulfr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:29 pm
reminds me a little bit of Poltergeist Pheonimna, how they are made from your emotions and then turn around and feed off of them/you.
*shrugs*
I've always treated poltergeist and "Astral worm" type things the same way I would treat a spiritual infestation. Cleanse, Bind, Banish. Or some form of that trio.

The Study (Research)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games