Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
te falto Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

in the flicker.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:56 pm
She stares at her bike with the bent basket. Her hair blows in the gusty winds of the city, but she doesn't hear the roar of countless cars not in her oasis. That tiny remnant of earth and nature, preserved in vinegar, bees still buzzing in the early spring.
"Te falto."

Does she? As she sits in her room, window open and music blaring, she draws a blanket around her and shrivels in the midday sun. Just one more oasis in her desert.
"Te falto."

In circles she walks, taking a short drag on her single cigarette every so often, letting the puffs of smoke trail behind her like a bridal dress. In circles she walks in her little cage, her only escape from
"Te falto."

Lies. She lies and he lies and we're all full of lies. Our only oasis in a world of deceit and
"Te falto."

------------------------------
i wrote this...in a fit of emotion. what do you do when liars want you back? and, to make things worse, what if you want her, too?

this is a haunting, a ghost of someone who just won't die.

**capitalization added just for hawk =P  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:28 pm
I apologize in advance...
Okay... Idiot says arrow what is 'te falto'? Maybe that will help me understand it...  

Serenity Reed
Crew

BlackHawkGS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:08 am
I definitely thought that said Falco at first and I was like "ZOMG, Starfox reference!?"

Haha, I liked it. But capitalize the beginning of your sentences scream There were a few like that at the beginning, but the rest were good.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:58 pm
I would definitely appreciate the awesomeness of this more if I knew what that meant. Seriously....  

KirbyVictorious

NovaKing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:12 pm
Does it mean "I Miss you?"  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:56 pm
NovaKing

YES. it does.

the reason why i didn't translate it is because i didn't actually know what it meant when i wrote it. i think it fits, though.

@hawk: i rarely capitalize; it's a pretty trivial thing. i'll fix it, though, since this is an actual piece of writing. btw, lol @ falco reference. i miss those days.  

in the flicker.

Serenity Reed
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:06 pm
I'm so dumb! I recognized Spanish but didn't look it up!
Now it makes me sad. cry This is a very emotional piece. I like it. heart Me encanta. biggrin (?O es me gusta...? No, me encanta. I love. whee )
I wish it had a little more detail. It just was there and gone... (though perhaps that has meaning...?)  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:11 pm
i'm glad you like it, Serenity. i don't know spanish, but i can sort of guess what you're saying =P

i would have added more detail if i wasn't trying so hard to forget the whole thing. i had to write something, but to write too much would be another step of obsession, and i do enough of that mrgreen  

in the flicker.

NovaKing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:44 pm
in the flicker.
NovaKing

YES. it does.

the reason why i didn't translate it is because i didn't actually know what it meant when i wrote it. i think it fits, though.

@hawk: i rarely capitalize; it's a pretty trivial thing. i'll fix it, though, since this is an actual piece of writing. btw, lol @ falco reference. i miss those days.

If you didn't know what it meant at first what inspired you to use it?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:19 pm
Sexxxyyyy!

><

Aw man. Spanish comics. xd

*cough**ahem* but...nice. it makes more sense now. ^^  

KirbyVictorious

in the flicker.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:48 pm
NovaKing
in the flicker.
NovaKing

YES. it does.

i recently broke ties with a friend of mine because she lied to me in a very big way, and she wasn't sorry about it. she left me "te falto" as a myspace comment.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:56 pm
Te falto means, and I quote, I lack you. Which can be interpreted as I lost you, but not necessarily I miss you. *shrug*  

KirbyVictorious

NovaKing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:47 pm
in the flicker.
NovaKing
in the flicker.
NovaKing

YES. it does.

i recently broke ties with a friend of mine because she lied to me in a very big way, and she wasn't sorry about it. she left me "te falto" as a myspace comment.

hmmmm (pretty)

/tangent

Neither you nor E E cummings capitalize your i's. I think it was becuase he thought that the letter was more important then reffering to himself - Just speculation though. If anyone know's the real reason I would love to hear it.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:09 pm
KirbyVictorious
Te falto means, and I quote, I lack you. Which can be interpreted as I lost you, but not necessarily I miss you. *shrug*

i did not translate it. a friend of mine talked to her and asked her about it. SHE said it meant "i miss you," which means that's what she meant. whether it actually means that is pretty irrelevant, in my opinion. and it's completely irrelevant to this writing, but i do appreciate a truthful translation.

@nova: i think i don't capitalize my "i's" for two reasons: it suggests that "i" is a more important noun than "her" or "my" or "it." i don't think that's true. also, it goes with my reluctance to capitalize any words at all unless they are important. if i Capitalize something, it stands out more if no other words are capitalized.

see? lol  

in the flicker.

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:09 pm
Oh. okay.

It COULD mean I miss you.

Nice that everything's all clearish again.  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff