Did you enjoy my story?
  YESSSSSS!!! <3
  It was okay.... I guess.
  I hated it. =/
View Results

Collote
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:54 am
I got this idea for a book (okay, well my mom helped). I'm not going to talk about my idea too much because I'd like to keep it secret for a while and I don't know if I'm going to write more about it. Anyway, this little piece takes place in the 1800's in London.

If I were to take this idea... it would take place in the U.S around 2008. This was just from when I wanted to have it in the 1800's.

I talk too much, sorry.

Enjoy! heart

“Poor Lydia,” a woman said to her husband. “She didn’t get to see her son. I know she would’ve been so happy.”
“Yes, she would’ve been,” her husband replied. There was a long pause as the two passed by their, now dead, friend who was resting in a coffin. It was a shame; the woman was beautiful and had died of a young age. Seeing her pale, unmoving body brought Naomi to tears.
“She looks absolutely horrible,” the man said as he rubbed his wife’s back.
The startled woman turned to her husband. “Isaac! How rude of you to say such a thing!”
“She’s dead,” Isaac stated. “What do you expect me to say? ‘Oh, isn’t she beautiful’? You would’ve been mad at me if I had said that when Lydia was living! I can just see it now.”- He started to imitate his wife- “’Isaac, how dare you say another woman is beautiful! As my husband, you should only think I’m beautiful! Don’t look at other woman!’ and then I would’ve received a slap in the face.”
As the couple quarreled, an upset Silas listened from a pew. He was taking Lydia’s death the hardest; how dare Isaac make things harder by saying Lydia looked horrible? And then he decides to fight with Naomi in the middle of the church! With a sigh, the middle-aged man went to confront the couple.
“You’re going to receive a slap in the face now if you keep it up! Lydia isn’t alive anymore! She’s clearly dead; why must you say the things you do?” Naomi asked.
Isaac, not realizing Lydia’s husband was right next to him, said, “Thank goodness she’s dead! We’ll no longer have to attend her dinners; her food was horrible! I always wondered if she put dead bugs-
He turned to Silas with red cheeks. “Oh, I apologize. I didn’t mean any of that; I said it simply out of anger.”
The church grew very silent. Silas simply stared at the man wondering if he should accept his apology or not. He figured he didn’t want to get in an argument so he told Isaac that his apology was accepted.
Isaac put on a crooked smile. “Good, good; I didn’t want to start off on the wrong note. I’m sorry about your wife. I know she meant a lot to you.”
“Indeed she did,” Silas stated as he turned around to greet other guests.
The day went by painfully slow. Silas greeted many people who told him they were sorry about Lydia, though Silas knew very well they didn’t mean it; his family was the least favored in London. But the fact that nobody meant what they were saying didn’t seem to bother this man much; his mind was some where else. He was putting together a plan to make his wife look perfect before she was buried and would some how get back at Isaac for saying the cruel things he did.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:58 pm
Okay, now you've got me curious. I want to know what happens!!! It's good so far. I asume there will be more? Please?  

Audini

Collote
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:28 pm
Audini, there will be more to the story.

Okay, so someone voted that my story was "okay... I guess." Can you please tell me why?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:41 pm
Heys, nice story. You should work on a few gramatic errors in the beginning, though. Other than that, sounds wonderful!  

Adurna Blaze

LexiLu Latte

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:54 pm
it was great
it was well put together and really captures the readers interest
good work  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:01 pm
I think that we'd need to know a little more background to have a more emotional response.  

SilverLake

Invisible Citizen

9,800 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200

Collote
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:25 pm
SilverLake.

I know it doesn't explain much, but this isn't a complete story. This is just the beginning, that makes you wonder and want to read more of it.  
Writing: Prose

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games