Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Nazereth didn't exist until 120 yrs after Jesus

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rick Dawkins

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:08 pm
There's a new book coming out that uses tons of archeology to prove that Nazareth, or at least the valley that Nazareth later settled in, was completely devoid of life until around 150 CE. So much for "Jesus of Nazareth."
http://www.nazarethmyth.info/home

I've heard the guy speak and he's uber-smart. I think he was on the Infidel Guy podcast show awhile back.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:23 pm
Avoir Le Retour...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Maybe this'll shed some light, eh? Thanks for the post!
...Les Adieux

Aaron Lee Morrison

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:31 am
I think I'll be getting a copy of this book in the near future. The writeup on the main page is pretty interesting and I'd like to read more in-depth info about it.

Also - I think the link you posted is broken... the redirect is to "http://null" which isn't a website... I tried typing it in without "www" in the address and it worked.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:03 pm
Uh oh, my bad. The Myth of Nazareth

I hope that works, this is good information that everyone should know about.  

Rick Dawkins

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:21 pm
Hm..

Christian mythology has always been full of holes. The stories of both the old testament and the gospels have very interesting morals to them, but of course, people just can't be satisfied with it.

I attend a Christian school, and it really is annoying to spend a good couple of hours reading and studying one of the stories just to have someone call me a fool for not taking it literally.

Because Jesus didn't prove the value of sharing even in times of personal need; he poofed up some fish sandwiches.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:18 pm
Tenth Speed Writer
Because Jesus didn't prove the value of sharing even in times of personal need; he poofed up some fish sandwiches.

Tenth Speed, I am going to have to make that one of my Facebook quotes, credit to you, of course.

Anyways, just another hole in Christianity's swiss cheese of a story.  

Death God Hitsugaya

CaprinaePsi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:17 pm
Death God Hitsugaya
Tenth Speed Writer

Tenth Speed, I am going to have to make that one of my Facebook quotes, credit to you, of course.

Anyways, just another hole in Christianity's swiss cheese of a story.

Dammit, that's another food item I cannot eat due to it being involved in a metaphor of Christianity.
stressed  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:27 am
I know and care so little about religion that for a single moment, I thought you were talking about the band that covered 'Love Hurts'.

Xiporah

Nardone

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:19 pm
well that seems like a nice read biggrin it can prove another part of catholicism wrong and id be able to have it in writing
YAY KNOWLEDGE!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:56 pm
quite interesting =]  

LimeIzMyFaveColor

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

G4NTZ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:14 am
There needs to be more literature like that. With christians at 2 billion, (i think) that piece should help move things along. It might be avoided by religious people but it's a damn good thing it exists.  
The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games