Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Do we want to continue the Guild Contest?DECISION MADE

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Guild Arena Contest
  Yay!! we want to continue it
  Nay!! we should stop it
View Results

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:55 am
There has been a steady decline in entries every month in the Guild contest forum, and the same people keep entering = usually with different guilds.

Still, it's dying out.

I want opinions- do we continue the contest or discontinue it after this month?

If you want to keep it, why? If not, why?

THIS IS THE LAST MONTH FOR THE CONTEST UNTIL WE GET MORE INTEREST!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:34 pm
I kind of feel that due to lack of activity we should just cancel it out all together. No one takes much interest in it anymore sad  

churrlo

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:52 am

Maybe change it back to only one guild entered per person? That way one person doesn't list a ton of guilds and no one else has anything to enter?

Try to make it more of a contest for the guilds, instead of the people entering the guilds?

Maybe make a limit, that the contest only ends once 10 people have entered? Or 5?

I haven't entered for this month because there isn't much competition and I haven't done anything for those guilds. One of my guilds I barely link to, and it's hidden from the registry. The second is a community guild without people. sweatdrop

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:55 am
I don't know if there's not very many people entering anymore then just stop the contest.  

Aceys Son - Soul Nommer

Friendly Streaker

9,325 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Lagh Ruadh

Decisive Warrior

10,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Smooth Operator 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:24 am
I feel it should be continued because it is a small glimmer of hope.

And hope, no matter how small the tiny ember, should never be extinguished. When you lose hope, you lose everything. I feel it should only be cancelled as a seg-way to closing the Guild down.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:29 pm
Deep words Aerin blaugh  

churrlo

Lagh Ruadh

Decisive Warrior

10,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Smooth Operator 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:38 pm
Hope and love drive me, Churrlo. The hope that I can win the love of my life back. The love that I feel for her spurns me into action. Sacrifices must be made. And I embrace the coming change, holding the small candle of hope high above my head, for all to see.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:09 pm

Revamp the guild, like saying 'crew' instead of 'moderator' to make who this guild is for more clear. Find which subforums should be killed, which should be added... (Maybe make the main forum Q&A? )

Then start inviting people who are crew or above.

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:23 am
Metalic_Noodles

Revamp the guild, like saying 'crew' instead of 'moderator' to make who this guild is for more clear. Find which subforums should be killed, which should be added... (Maybe make the main forum Q&A? )

Then start inviting people who are crew or above.

~Metalic_Noodles

Well, this guild is also for the admins and staff, if they so choose to join. We went from hidden to private to try and get more people here. As it is, there are people here that I don't think are even active on Gaia anymore. As for the Q&A forum- it's the 1st one on list of subs!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:30 pm
To Aerin: I have lost all hope and 'm still going. So it shows that not everyone needs hope...  

Aceys Son - Soul Nommer

Friendly Streaker

9,325 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:10 pm
this is the last month for the guild arena contest.. I will be locking the forum after this month!!!

1 entry so far this month.... sad crying  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:20 pm

I would have entered, but it didn't seem right since I was entering guilds that I had little to do with the success of and that I had won that last two contests.

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces