Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Mad Atheist !!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do I Have A Valid Point?
  Yes
  no
View Results

SkeletonPhoenix

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:05 pm
Ok, I have a confession I'm a mad atheist. You know the ones that get hot and bothered under the collar when it comes to religion.(not it that kind of way you sick minded people. razz )But I have a reason to be mad from what I've seen from being in this guild and other s**t I've seen. It's not religion itself that gets me mad but when the people in it try to force their ideas onto other people outside their religion I get nfiufdhsgkjhfdghsdfju. Exactly.

Please tell me if I have a valid reason to be angry.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:17 pm
Anger has its place. I get angry with religious people and religious doctrines that are pushy and self-righteous, but I'm not angry with religion in general.  

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

-GS-Sailor Nemesis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:49 pm
Daffodil the Destroyer
Anger has its place. I get angry with religious people and religious doctrines that are pushy and self-righteous, but I'm not angry with religion in general.

I am! :3  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:58 pm
-GS-Sailor Nemesis
Daffodil the Destroyer

I am! :3

I guess everyone needs their demon.  

Tenth Speed Writer

Reichkovich

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:34 pm
Perhaps anger's a valid emotion for one to hold against religion, once you take a look at some of the things it's caused. But I just don't see the point. What do you have to gain from holding a grudge against an entire religion?

To me, it looks like a drastic waste of emotional exertion. You're putting all that energy into despising this religious entity, but what you do you get in return?

I'll tell you: the scorn of others.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:15 pm
Reichkovich
Perhaps anger's a valid emotion for one to hold against religion, once you take a look at some of the things it's caused. But I just don't see the point. What do you have to gain from holding a grudge against an entire religion?

To me, it looks like a drastic waste of emotional exertion. You're putting all that energy into despising this religious entity, but what you do you get in return?

I'll tell you: the scorn of others.

I agree.

If all your spite does is anger others, you're doing nothing good.
Nothing in the least.  

Tenth Speed Writer

Teoka

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:06 pm
Even though there are people out there who aren't pushy-religious, I still have some feelings of hostility towards religion. Remember, there are laws written by religious people with nonsecular purposes that affect us every day.  
The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games