Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lyndria

Back to Guilds

This Guild is dedicated to hardcore fantasy and sci-fi Roleplayers alike! Enjoy! 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Sci-fi, Literate 

Reply West
Dark Angels' Reign

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:46 pm
Dark Angels' Reign

(Here's Starter #1. Enjoy, everyone)!

Plot:

The year is 497PA, and all is in ruins. It didn't take them long, the Shadowed Ones. The Basilicas are the only safe place for any Lyndrian now. The few crops which have survived this darkness for these 1,229 years are being kept alive by the few mages brave enough to exit the churches. The Royal Family has it easy, everyone says. They're holed up in their castle, the greatest priests in Lyndria praying over them. Only the oldest of magical creatures and Surturist clans even remember what light was like, and they've told stories of it, passed down through the generations and spread throughout the four continents like an infection. How we envy those before us who have felt the sun's warmth at their backs. I feel sorry for the Surturists. They think the sun is their god, and that this darkness is keeping his face hidden from them, that perhaps he is gone forever from their world, never to shine again. Some of them feel that he was the cause of this darkness, that their years of sinning against him had finally caused him to hide his face from them in the hopes of showing them what life would be like without him. I've never met a Surturist who wasn't ashamed of his ancestors, but then again, I haven't met many people who weren't already a part of my home here in this Basilica. By now, whoever is reading this is probably wondering how this happened. How did the world suddenly become engulfed in this curse? Well, everyone has a different story to tell, but only one version is true and that version is the one which was given to my Basilica by a strange rogue who had been wandering the long-since faded streets of Opalescent. He wouldn't give his name, of course, but he told us that a Necromancer had been born long ago with an incredible power and that he was inevitably consumed by it when he attempted to take over Lyndria by creating this eternal darkness and calling forth every Shadowed imaginable to wreak their havoc. As soon as he had uttered that spell, the Shadowed, being the unreasonable creatures that they are, devoured him and roamed free in the darkness which he had created for them, finally freed from the unforgiving burn of the sun's light. They've been terrorizing our world ever since. Now, I have one question for you: Will you bring an end to this curse and save us from the Dark Angels' Reign? I'm sending this letter to whoever is willing to attempt to answer that question. My only hope is that it is you, whoever you are. May Adonai guide you.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:50 pm
Information

For reference, the Guild Rules can be found here: Rules and Guidelines, as well as a detailed Map of Lyndria, and information on its inhabitants. (It also includes an FAQ, to prevent confusion).

{For more information on Lyndria and its history, visit the Lyndrian Athenaeum.}

Remember: If you are new to the RP or have been away for some time, check the RP Guide!

Thank you all, very much, and enjoy the RP!

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

XxSerenity HeartxX

Beloved Shapeshifter

9,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:45 am
Roaren had been shut up in a cave for some time due to nothing to do. Boredom had set in a long time ago like the unwanted houseguest that wouldn't leave. He sighed and looked around the cave he had fashioned into a surprising home. He stared at the rug he had made from a black bear, it's mouth open to show only two canines. When he stared at this he smiled and recalled how he had gotten the bear.
When he had been wondering the woods Roaren had cought glimpses of a large black bear, this had given him the idea for food as well as the furs if he were to slay it. Not too long after he called upon a small pack of wolves to aid him with his self-indicted quest. He had glanced around many tree still finally three wolves had chased down the bear and started to attack it. Being a somewhat good archer Roaran knoched an arrow and took his aim for the beast's neck. He had let the arrow fly just missing the intended mark on the bear's neck. This still had brought the bear down though. Roaren then had walked to the bear and stabbed into it's gut and the bear died.
That fight soon had come back to Roaren's mind. It was one of the less important ones but had been great action within his boredom.  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:38 am
He thought back to the days when he had a wonderful life. Around 5 years earlier Roaren was a married man, soon expecting a son. He lived in a great manor atop a hill with his wife, sister-in-law and her husband. Those were the golden days of his life. But things turned sour when a villager came with a mob and burnt down the manor. Roaren escaped with his wife to the gardens of the manor but soon his wife had died. Going into a rage Roaren took out the remaining mobers. Since then life has been much different. Roaren then cast a glance around his new dank cave home. He felt something wet on his face and rubbed at his face. The wetness was tears. Tears of sorrow that he had never been able to give up. Jaska had been his life, the guilt of loosing her gave him nothing to live for. So he hid away in the country within this cave waiting for the day that the darkness that was cast over the wood, would one day be lifted.  

XxSerenity HeartxX

Beloved Shapeshifter

9,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tycoon 200

Demonix13

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:06 pm
Tage leapt up and grabbed the low hanging tree branch. He steadied himself, feeling the bark and testing his weight on the limb. Then he shifted his weight forward, pumping with his legs. Slowly, he built up momentum, then let himself fly. He flew ten feet through the air then landed, perched on another tree branch.
Rut flapped lackadaisically behind him. Show off.
"I heard that Rut," he shouted back. "Come on, I wanna get out of these woods. I'm almost out of energy, and we need food. And I'm tired. And..."
Suck it up Tage! Rut projected loudly. Tage looked back and grinned a teasing grin.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:18 pm
Roaren stopped crying and walked out of the cave to the woods. Looking around he instantly noticed the lack of noise within the forest. This isn't right... Where are all of the creatures that dwell within the trees? Roaren thought as he stepped farther out of the cave.  

XxSerenity HeartxX

Beloved Shapeshifter

9,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tycoon 200

Demonix13

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:54 pm
Tage felt his arm muscles strain. He lived for the feeling. Slowly, very slowly, he labored up the tree, challenging himself by using only his arms to pull. The tree was tall. One of the great Pines that survived in this forest alone. Branches radiated out from the trunk, like a flower in the midst of bloom, making the tree very easy to climb. However, the reward when he reached the top was well worth the effort. He was greeted with a spectacular view of the forest canopy. Lush, albeit dark, foliage was all around him, and a crystal clear breeze blew in his face.
Tage snorted as Rut flew up by him.
"You always take the easy way out, don't you?" he said teasingly. "Don't you love that sound though? The way the wind sounds when it blows through the trees? I could live up here."
We have to get going Tage. Rut reminded him gently. Although, it is quite nice up here...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:59 am
Roaren drew in breath and then with a loud projected howl he called a the wolves of the forest. Silence pierced the air like an assassin's blade. This isn't a good thing. Not at all. What is going on here?? He thought in his mind and went farther into the woods. The stillness of the area made with feel as though everything had died, though that is how the woods sort of gotten it's name. Roaren scanned the grounds ro recent foot movment of animals but he saw no prints.  

XxSerenity HeartxX

Beloved Shapeshifter

9,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tycoon 200

Ooshnagam

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:35 pm
A loud howl pierced the air and it made Salem uneasy. He quickly scaled the tree he had been leaning on and looked around on the treetops. Almost instantly he saw a man approaching the top of a tree in the distance. Salem found himself flying through the air as he jumped from tree to tree, trying to get closer to the mystery man. But unfortunately as he got close, Salem noticed a disturbance. His sences were telling him that all was not right with the Dragon Clans. He quickly launched himself the opposite way from the mystery man. 'He will just have to wait.' Thought Salem as he headed toward the city of the Diamond Dragons.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:52 am
Naida peered out from the dank waters of the Black Lake. Her sisters were all at the the other end, and she had decided to explore alone. She jumped slightly at the sound. This part of the Black Woode had been virtually empty for quite some time now, and now there was a voice. A haunting smirk crossed her face. Naida ducked under the waters, and swam to retrive a gourd filled with water on a long dark colored strap. She threw the strap over her head and a single shoulder, and emerged from the lake.

Naida's platinum hair, darker near the ends, clung to her neck, shoulders, back and chest, nearly obscuring the gray cloth that covered her, bare minimum. Throwing her head back and drinking a bit from the gourd, a sudden energy burst within her, and she'd sprinted to the origin of the sound. Long up, she noticed a dark haired male standing in the trees above her, and cocked her head to one side in curiosity.  

Sun Salutation

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:56 pm
Avin stepped lightly behind Roaren, hands clasped behind their back. They placed their feet in a straight line as they walked, touching heel to toe. Avins crystal blue eyes followed the movements of their new friend while their hands fidgeted with their spellbook. "If you're looking for anything interesting," Avin cooed, tilting their head. "You'll find a fair amount of commotion over by yonder trees," they motioned with their right hand, left still hiding their book.  
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:35 pm
Naida smirked, and stared up at him. Using her hair like hands, she lifted her gourd to her lips, uncorked it, and took a sip. She then replaced the cork and allowed the gourd to hand freely at her side. "Pray tell, why should I go over yonder, if there is adequate commotion here?"  

Sun Salutation

sinku anaka

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:38 pm
A small looking Raccoon Dog sat on a branch high in a tree watching the whole thing with his dark grey eyes " I need sunlight or something....i may be mainly nocturnal but some light would be nice" He mubled to himself as he lit up one of his bracers with light energy illuminating the whole tree and the light shot up into the sky. " There that's better." He said relaxing against the trunk of the tree as the light continued to shine out.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:40 pm
Naida quickly lost interest with the men up in the tree, sulkily pouting and approaching her home within the lake.  

Sun Salutation

West

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff