Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimberly Adams

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:15 pm
So, as much as I love writing, I can't come up with good lyrics for a song for the life of me. See, I have to write a song for my music class. I can come up with sheet music easy as you please. Lyrics, although I LOVE to write, aren't working for me right now. So, could anyone help me out here?
(I haven't written the sheet music for this one quite yet)

--Kimberly  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:06 am
I don't write song lyrics all that often, but maybe if you wrote it like a poem, then it would come more easily to you. They are essentially the same thing....  

penandpaper67
Captain

Alayna_blind_angel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:19 am
It's easier if you write the lyrics before you come up with the music, because then you can make the music fit with the words. Also, I'm sure you've already done this, but choose a topic, and think of things to elaborate on about it. I think the general set-up for lyrics is: Verse one, Corus, Verse two, Corus, Ending Verse/Corus. Other than that, it's baisicaly just a poem.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:16 pm
Arrgh! I suck at poems! And I have no inspiration for a subject for the song! Perhaps I'm just a hopeless case... crying Does anyone have advice for a hopeless case??? Wait a sec... If it's hopeless, then... What's the point... Ah, well...

--Kimberly  

Kimberly Adams

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Gaian 50

SilverLake

Invisible Citizen

9,800 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:44 pm
I'll try my best to help, but I don't know how much that's saying depending on your perspective. Let's see... Try writng lyrics about things you love, hate, cherish, an item that reminds you of something or is symbolic, something that seems to have no meaning at all, the smallest thing, or something you're frustrated with.

You could even write lyrics about how a teacher made you write lyrics and you couldn't think of any to write xd

No seriously, I know someone who's done this before with a poem.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:11 pm
HA!! rofl I did that with a story once! We had to start with something about leaves in the fall, and I managed to make it practically instult my teacher.... Anyhow, back on topic. SilverLake's right though, you should write it about things you 'love, hate, [or] cherish'. You just have to dream up a topic and let your ideas flow.  

Alayna_blind_angel

Propaganda X

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:31 pm
What helps me write lyrics is listening to my favorite bands/singers and getting ideas from them or basic tunes or themes. I love nick cave and Tom waits so I like writing dark, descriptive songs about a girl or an event.

Or go onto a word/title generator and just find words/titles that interest you.

"Indigo Lewis" "Reality Abnormality" "Rise of the Black Ones"

stuff like that smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:36 pm
3nodding ... the problem with listening to other people's music though is that sometimes it turns out to be too simmilar in tune or ideas, and that's not very good.  

Alayna_blind_angel

WolfTeeth-x

Dapper Werewolf

8,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:05 pm
Try listening to some of your favourite songs and try to get inspiration from those.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:36 pm
i write song lyrics but they REALLY suck they dont rhyme or anything but do have a deep meaning behind them...  

Suma-Kaur

AmenthystMoon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:03 pm
i've found that some of my poems could be turned into lyrics, i write them and then later realize "wow this sounds like lyrics to a cheesy country song"

the key things from that-are there any repeating rythyms? sorta like choruses? what mood does the music evoke? slower rythyms and lower tones may sound more like something that has more emotion, like death or revalation or love. a quicker beat and more playful sounding notes may seem more like a song about being a kid, or playing in the sprinkler or building sandcastles or something

hope this helps  
Music

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff