Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Anyone going to their prom? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Senior proms
  fancy dances that cost way too much!
View Results

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:05 pm
I went to my prom my senior year of high school. To this day, I don't see what all the fuss was about- a school dance where everyone gets all dressed up. Of course, my date = my boyfriend= couldn't go because he was in the hospital, so I took a substitute. A male nursing student that had the hots for me at the time. So, I went with an older guy and he stared down my low cut dress while we danced, but I didn't care!

Other than that- it was just a big dance held at the convention center.

Oh one more thing, another girl had the same dress that I did, What were the chances of that happening?

SO: WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS AND IS IT REALLY THAT BIG A DEAL TO YOU?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:23 pm
Totally going! And yes it's a big deal to me! We have a senior / junior prom so I got to go two years. But as a senior I feel it's special because it's like the last time many of you and your classmates will get together before going off to college, like a one last dance sort of thing blaugh It's special!

Not to mention, our school won a contest out of 25,000 schools to have the company "Stumps" do our prom! (The theme is Midnight in Paris). We had a classmate die this year, and the junior class spent all it's money helping his family and paying for a funeral (because they couldn't afford one.) So winning this contest, the company will come do our prom for free and NOT ONLY THAT, but John McLaughlin, the guy who sings in the movie Enchanted, will be coming to our prom to sing for us!! IT'S SO COOL! O_O Famous people in Murray, KY is like wtf xd The only famous from here is Molly Sims who was in that show Las Vegas blaugh Anyways... totally going =o  

churrlo

Mishikotoko

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:03 am
I went to mine and I had a lot of fun.(My Junior Prom was better, but my Senior prom rocked because I wore a cosplay..lol)

Honestly, some people get way too worked up about it, but it's something everyone should go to. (At least your senior prom)  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:07 pm
I got invited my freshman year (didn't go cause he was a creepy stalker) and went my senior year... I honestly wasn't that impressed. I stayed out with the piano guy in the lobby singing show tunes with a couple of other choir people for most of the night. And considering my boyfriend at the time was already planning to break up with me the week after prom (he said he didn't want to right before Prom, since it would leave me dateless... sweatdrop ) the night wasn't too special for me.

I did like my dress though. Being a little on the flat side, I was thrilled to find my dress came with extra padding. rofl  

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

Madd Maestro

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:09 pm
Hah, I didn't go to prom.  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:25 pm
My prom is going to be held in three weeks.I plan on going,it's just that I would be going dateless.  

Izzy Fizz

5,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:45 am
Prom was many many years ago ...

I went but didn't enjoy it.

PL  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:54 pm
Aw sad sad Prom was fun for me last year xd Going dateless is NOT pointless btw, totally a lot of fun either way blaugh trust me.... you do NOT need a date razz  

churrlo

Izzy Fizz

5,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:18 pm
I know that, but a lot has happened at school, and i get sort of depressed.  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:27 pm
Aw don't be sad! *huggles and nuzzles* You should go, trust me. You'll enjoy it ^_^ You'll regret not going.  

churrlo

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:26 pm
Going to prom dateless is much better than going to prom with a date that won't dump you right before because he feels sorry for you. At least, that was how I saw it. It's like, he was faking it just to get through to prom. >.<  
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:06 pm
My friend did that to his date D: Except he didn't feel sorry for her, he just wanted to not be dateless... lawlz xd He's an a*****e, yes.  

churrlo

Izzy Fizz

5,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:58 am
I'll just go then,most of my friends are anyways. It would actually be the first time I've went to something almost like this since sixth grade. D: (none of my middle school dances had my friends there,so I just didn't go after a while)  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:42 pm
OMG JOHN MCLAUGLIN WAS SO COOL O_O *spaz* I was front and center xd

Pictures ftw?
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2004605&l=c340e&id=1200870131  

churrlo

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:00 pm
~I can slay my own dragons, I can dream my own dreams.~

xd Glad you had a good time!

~My knight in shining armor is me.~

Resources & Discussion