Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sword of Truth Guild, For Terry Goodkind Fans!

Back to Guilds

"Choose, then. With us or not. But choose this day for all time." 

Tags: truth, sword, richard, series, goodkind 

Reply -~- Aydindril -~- We welcome our new sister affiliate, A World Divided!
male confessors Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xx Koloblicin xx

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:03 pm
okay, i have a question slash hope slash topic for everyone, what do you think about the make confessors, all the books state is about how they can use their ability as much as they want and they are seduced by their power, but what i want to know is things like

what do you think they wear?
i think they wore black robes as the equivalent to the confessors dress and the "father" confessor would wear a white robe

when exactly were the dark times of the male confessors?
i think they were around the times of zedd's parents, because zedd doesn't remember those times but shota's mother was around for it and told her all about them,

were there any gifted confessors before like what shota thinks richard and kahlan will have?
i think magda searus had a gifted child,

other questions:
what do you think gifted women with both sides of the gift were called? like the female equivalent to war wizards.

do you think there were wizards with simply both sides of the gift? but not war wizards (having to use their gift through feelings)

do you think there were wizards with just the subtractive side of the gift?

what would happen if two dream walkers tried to take over the same person? or each other?

p.s. my hope is that the next book in the series is a prequel either from the great war or the dark times...  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:22 pm
I got a question, rated kind of to this topic.

The series said that only one child both in the Rahl bloodline could be gifted, the rest were pristinely ungifted (fully ungifted). Right?

The series also said that all child born from a Confessor, would have the Confessor power and be a Confessor. Right?

Know Richard and Kahlan are married, and if they had kids, they would all be a Confessor. One or two may have the gift. But wait, in Pillers of Creation, it said all but one child from a Rahl would be fully ungifted. An pristinely ungifted child can't have a Confessor's power, because they would have to have some part of the gift to have it. Does Richard and Kahlan's marriage end the Rahl bloodline of pristinely ungifted? Or are all the childs up one a Confessor and gifted?  

Calintz the Doppelganger

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:30 am
Wel don't Rahl usually take Dh'aran wives? Wouldn't Kahlan not being a Dh'aran factor in to the end of the Pillars of Creation?  
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:16 am
Calintz the Doppelganger
I got a question, rated kind of to this topic.

The series said that only one child both in the Rahl bloodline could be gifted, the rest were pristinely ungifted (fully ungifted). Right?

The series also said that all child born from a Confessor, would have the Confessor power and be a Confessor. Right?

Know Richard and Kahlan are married, and if they had kids, they would all be a Confessor. One or two may have the gift. But wait, in Pillers of Creation, it said all but one child from a Rahl would be fully ungifted. An pristinely ungifted child can't have a Confessor's power, because they would have to have some part of the gift to have it. Does Richard and Kahlan's marriage end the Rahl bloodline of pristinely ungifted? Or are all the childs up one a Confessor and gifted?

NO! this is where everyone gets it wrong, its not ALL other children are pristinly ungifted, only a few are, its all children of a pristinely ungifted who are,
a gifted rahl has one gifted heir, then they have normal children, and pristinly ungifted children, the pristinely ungifted ones were killed at birth, however at some point the rahls started to kill all ungifted children, a good example of this is how oba,drefan, and jenson are the only pristinly unigifted of darken rahls probably dozens of children,

its like 1 gifted, a hand full of pristinly ungifted, and the rest are just normal, and a pristinely ungifted child to a confessor wouldn't have the confessors ability, however if richard and kahlan only had one child it would be gifted because thats what the bond makes sure of...  

xx Koloblicin xx

xx Koloblicin xx

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:29 pm
bump look at the post above this ^^^^^^  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:49 am
I agree I just didn't haves anything to add to it. x3  

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

xx Koloblicin xx

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:54 pm
okay then i asked this question before but i want to ask everyone 1-1 do you think there were wizards with just subtractive magic?  
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:48 am
I don't think so since all wizards have additive magic, considering they're on what you could consider the 'Prime Material Plane' of existence.  

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

xx Koloblicin xx

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 1:27 pm
Galen Kiuchenathus Loiren
I don't think so since all wizards have additive magic, considering they're on what you could consider the 'Prime Material Plane' of existence.
or could the ancient wizards ever convert people to have only subtractive?....

....there are people (not wizards) that seem to be surrounded in subtractive magic so additive doesn't effect them, like the nantong or du chiallu (not the POC) they may not have been able to use it but they had only Sub.

and ancient wizards could give someone with the calling subtractive magic, so what if they took their additive gift and used it to enhance their subtractive side of the gift?  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:46 am
xx Koloblicin xx
Galen Kiuchenathus Loiren
or could the ancient wizards ever convert people to have only subtractive?....

....there are people (not wizards) that seem to be surrounded in subtractive magic so additive doesn't effect them, like the nantong or du chiallu (not the POC) they may not have been able to use it but they had only Sub.

and ancient wizards could give someone with the calling subtractive magic, so what if they took their additive gift and used it to enhance their subtractive side of the gift?
They might be able to 'pull' the additive gift out, though it might kill them if they used that weird little statue like they used in Stone of Tears. But there is probably also a non-lethal way to do it, not to mention a wizard, possibly war wizard, might be able to sort of lock away the additive side, suppress it, but I think it'd be pretty hard to try and get rid of the additive side so that there's only the subtractive side. I htink he Prophecies have a say in why Du Chailu and the others have subtractive magic, it's probably because of them that they have it, since that way the prophecies can come true. Ya know what I mean?  

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

Nicolai the Necromancer

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:00 pm
I was kind of wondering about something: if wizards long ago in the Sword of Truth series had Addictive and Subactive magic, and wizards with only 1 part of that gift were thought to be like failures, then how did they tell Sub. from Add. gifted?

Given this theory, I'd have to see it was possible for wizards, sorcerses, sorcersors, witches, dream walkers, etc. to have only 1 part of magic (Sub or Add) or maybe even like the dream walkers only have Sub magic.

Also, what the hell is a sorcersor's, like Brother Narev, power? I noticed in Faith of the Fallen he reacted oddly when he was making a spell to use on Richard near the end, so that leads me to think there's something about his power... Can anyone fill me in?  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:12 pm
Nicolai the Necromancer
I was kind of wondering about something: if wizards long ago in the Sword of Truth series had Addictive and Subactive magic, and wizards with only 1 part of that gift were thought to be like failures, then how did they tell Sub. from Add. gifted?

Given this theory, I'd have to see it was possible for wizards, sorcerses, sorcersors, witches, dream walkers, etc. to have only 1 part of magic (Sub or Add) or maybe even like the dream walkers only have Sub magic.

Also, what the hell is a sorcersor's, like Brother Narev, power? I noticed in Faith of the Fallen he reacted oddly when he was making a spell to use on Richard near the end, so that leads me to think there's something about his power... Can anyone fill me in?
Well the main ability requisite of Additive is that you add to something to create additive magic, while subtractive magic you simply take things away. o.o That's as much as I can tellyou on the first one. x3  

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

xx Koloblicin xx

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:14 pm
Nicolai the Necromancer

my thinking on sorcerers like bro. narev is that wizards are Black and White, additive and subtractive, while a sorcerer is sort of a grey area in the middle so its magic can't interact with magic of a gifted person, i also think that the spell over the palace of the prophets might have been made by a sorcerer, because brother narev found a way to replicate it, however he could have just been planning on using sisters to do it...if you didn't read closely sorcerers magic doesn't effect gifted people and vice-versa

and dream walkers and confessors, need to have subtractive, for their abilities to work, and they could tell gifted apart because they can sense the gift in people, and they could probably sense whether or not they had sub. or add. and a person with only additive could use only additive, im sure they had plenty of tests, and trials to see,  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:27 am
Ok, but I have 1 more question: Why do wizards sleep with their eyes open?  

Nicolai the Necromancer

xx Koloblicin xx

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:22 pm
Nicolai the Necromancer
Ok, but I have 1 more question: Why do wizards sleep with their eyes open?

think about it, how many people want to kill a wizard? competing wizards, enemies, the blood of the fold, their wives, the order, people who fear magic, witch hunters, and the like...and if they have their eyes open they can easily be warned of these threats and escape  
-~- Aydindril -~- We welcome our new sister affiliate, A World Divided!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games