Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:09 pm
There have been many complaints of this guild being slow or inactive.
The guild needs your help!
What do you like to see in your guilds? What do you think we can improve on? Do you have any ideas for possible events or contests that could take place? Etc, etc. Just throw out ideas and we can brainstorm them here.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:38 pm
Sai-kun
What do you like to see in your guilds? What do you think we can improve on? Do you have any ideas for possible events or contests that could take place? Etc, etc. Just throw out ideas and we can brainstorm them here.

I'll try to help ^_^
What I like to see in my guilds
Well active members are a start. If it's a manga guild it's cool to have a big picture thread, some people like to post scanlations of there fav manga and share, avatar contests, lots of contests, prizes, themes, example, count Cain day dress as a count Cain character. Stuff like that
I like the guild but the only thing is not a lot of people are active.
Hmmm..... contests....
- Guess that character
-Fan art contests
-(Insert manga name here)'s 1 one-fan quiz
-Debates... (I hope I'm not the only one who likes debating)
-Weekly polls
-Hangman (everyday we have a few names and guild members will try to guess what it is and whoever gets them all first wins!)
-Raffle
-Parties ^_^!!!! (Although I don't know how to do that...??)But if you could find out how to throw a party u should have door prizes blaugh !!!!!!
-Have a dictionary kind of thing because I know when I read angel sanctuary I don't always under stand all the religious stuff all of the time
-Our own website ^_^ filled with spoilers and stuff like that
-Banner making contests
-Learn how to draw (character's name)
We would need donation gold to get the prizes and stuff
I hope my rambling of suggestions was helpful sweatdrop  

Boredom_Kills

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:13 pm
Boredom_Kills
Sai-kun

I'll try to help ^_^
What I like to see in my guilds
Well active members are a start. If it's a manga guild it's cool to have a big picture thread, some people like to post scanlations of there fav manga and share, avatar contests, lots of contests, prizes, themes, example, count Cain day dress as a count Cain character. Stuff like that
I like the guild but the only thing is not a lot of people are active.
Hmmm..... contests....
- Guess that character
-Fan art contests
-(Insert manga name here)'s 1 one-fan quiz
-Debates... (I hope I'm not the only one who likes debating)
-Weekly polls
-Hangman (everyday we have a few names and guild members will try to guess what it is and whoever gets them all first wins!)
-Raffle
-Parties ^_^!!!! (Although I don't know how to do that...??)But if you could find out how to throw a party u should have door prizes blaugh !!!!!!
-Have a dictionary kind of thing because I know when I read angel sanctuary I don't always under stand all the religious stuff all of the time
-Our own website ^_^ filled with spoilers and stuff like that
-Banner making contests
-Learn how to draw (character's name)
We would need donation gold to get the prizes and stuff
I hope my rambling of suggestions was helpful sweatdrop

Wow, that's a lot of ideas, Boredom!
And all of them good XD
Yeah, I wanted to have some contests with good prizes...but need money for that, and contrary to popular belief, I dont spend my life on Gaia...^_^;
I think we need some fundraising ideas!
Too bad we have no access to guild funds...silly -_-; I shall take this post to heart and think on it, thanks Boredom!!
Keep them suggestions coming! If anybody can offer any of their skills in setting up anything they have in mind, please say so!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:28 am
Quote:

Or, to make the thread more general, just a question-thread, maybe one for every big project of her? So one AS-question-thread, one Count Cain/God Child-question-thread, and one for her smaller projects like Ludwig or Bloodhound.

Quote:
Yeah, I wanted to have some contests with good prizes...but need money for that, and contrary to popular belief, I dont spend my life on Gaia...^_^;
Too bad we have no access to guild funds...silly -_-;

That's a problem... I'm sorry, but I can't think of any solution to this sad  

Katinchen012

Bemused Dreamer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:42 am
With the guild funds, er I guess we could wait until we have access to the guild funds, or make a mule and give the donations to him/her. For fundraising stuff, I can only think of a raffle/lottery or an art auction...or just get people to donate.

Ooh, but I really like your ideas boredom, they sound like fun.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:49 am
Katinchen012
Quote:

Or, to make the thread more general, just a question-thread, maybe one for every big project of her? So one AS-question-thread, one Count Cain/God Child-question-thread, and one for her smaller projects like Ludwig or Bloodhound.

Quote:
Too bad we have no access to guild funds...silly -_-;

That's a problem... I'm sorry, but I can't think of any solution to this sad

We have discussion threads for almost every large work of hers. We could tweak them a little to turn them into question threads, or perhaps revamp the first post into an info post with number of volumes, publisher and publication dates and brief character profiles and story outline?  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Boredom_Kills

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:06 pm
yah ^_^ people liked my ideas.
I thought people were going to think they were lame.
Anyway, what''s all this about the guild funds??
and I think I might be able to help with any events that may occur, but I might not always be on Gaia because of school...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:28 am
Boredom_Kills
and I think I might be able to help with any events that may occur, but I might not always be on Gaia because of school...

People donated to the guild, but its crazy that all that gold is just sitting there and doing nothing...
As far as I know, none of us have access to it.  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:40 am
Sai-kun
Boredom_Kills

People donated to the guild, but its crazy that all that gold is just sitting there and doing nothing...
As far as I know, none of us have access to it.

Unfortunately, you're right. If we want have prizes we'll have to think of something else. Or find some veeeery generous people to give their monay away.

The contest ideas are great! Boredom_kills is frightening creative...
Members never showing are a problem... I know some other guilds throws people out who never post anything, but I don't really feel like doing that. It feels like a little too...much.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:48 am
The idea of creating a mule account for donating seemed like a great idea to me. People could donate to that and then we could use that gold for contests and what not... smile
I don't really have any ideas as of right now, I shall think on it and be back with some soon!  

YGOPaladin

Boredom_Kills

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:09 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:11 pm

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Boredom_Kills

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:41 pm
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:51 am
A little Role play might help, or a fan art contest.  

Bloodyblade666

[img:485bdae0a5]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/DemonicHellfire/skipbeat6_1-1.gif[/img:485bdae0a5]

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:57 pm
Bloodyblade666
A little Role play might help, or a fan art contest.

We do have a new roleplay thread started by the wonderful Prince Belial. Please join! We need players!  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff