Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
What kind of Atheist are you Quiz? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xiporah is bored
  and wants to discuss.
View Results

Xiporah

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:02 pm
I had a little trouble with this. The first question and a question later mentioned names of people I've never heard of.

However, I really agree with my result 150%. This is exactly my view on the whole thing. It made me giggle. What about you all? If you took it, do you agree with your result?

Quote:
What kind of atheist are you?
You scored as an Apathetic Atheist
Meh... whatever. Apathetic Atheists tend towards disbelief because believing takes more work. These are the people who won't argue religion, even if a total nutjob confronts them because arguing just seems like a waste of time they could spend doing something else.
Apathetic Atheist 92%
Agnostic 67%
Militant Atheist 42%
Scientific Atheist 42%
Angry Atheist 33%
Spiritual Atheist 33%
Theist 17%

Quiz Link.  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:13 pm
Hmmm...According the quiz I am a scientific atheist.

For the names I didn't know...I googled it before answering.

I don't know...I kind of agree with it but at the same time I don't. I don't put too much weight in science...because well I like to see what went on behind the science before actually accepting it. I don't don't accept things as they are given...I like to do research.

To call me a "Scientific Atheist" could imply that I follow science blindly...so all in all I disagree with the label.

Quote:
You scored as a Scientific Atheist
These guys rule. I'm not one of them myself, although I play one online. They know the rules of debate, the Laws of Thermodynamics, and can explain evolution in fifty words or less. More concerned with how things ARE than how they should be, these are the people who will bring us into the future.
Agnostic
67%
Scientific Atheist
67%
Spiritual Atheist
50%
Apathetic Atheist
42%
Angry Atheist
33%
Militant Atheist
33%
Theist
17%

Sanguvixen

SkeletonPhoenix

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:49 pm
These guys rule. I'm not one of them myself, although I play one online. They know the rules of debate, the Laws of Thermodynamics, and can explain evolution in fifty words or less. More concerned with how things ARE than how they should be, these are the people who will bring us into the future.
Scientific Atheist
92%
Angry Atheist
58%
Apathetic Atheist
58%
Spiritual Atheist
58%
Militant Atheist
42%
Agnostic
33%
Theist
17%

I had 58% for Angry to Spiritual becaus my minds ideas are in constent Flux. So depending on the day I could be ranting about chirstianties faillings to thinking in a buddist like mind set.  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:51 am
I think it was pretty accurate.

You scored as a Apathetic Atheist
Meh... whatever. Apathetic Atheists tend towards disbelief because believing takes more work. These are the people who won't argue religion, even if a total nutjob confronts them because arguing just seems like a waste of time they could spend doing something else.
Scientific Atheist
67%
Apathetic Atheist
67%
Militant Atheist
50%
Spiritual Atheist
50%
Agnostic
50%
Angry Atheist
50%
Theist
17%  

Zambimaru

WritelySo

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:06 pm
I got this:

Scientific Atheist 92%
Militant Atheist 92%
Spiritual Atheist 58%
Angry Atheist 50%
Agnostic 33%
Apathetic Atheist 25%
Theist 8%  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:13 pm
Scientific Atheist 75%
Militant Atheist 58%
Spiritual Atheist 50%
Apathetic Atheist 42%
Angry Atheist 42%
Agnostic 25%
Theist 0%

I'm not sure if I should agree or disagree. I probably answered some questions wrong (as in, not the real way I would have answered them) because some of them were worded strangely. I see myself as more of a philosopher atheist, in that I use my own thoughts and experiences when thinking about religion, spirituality, etc. While I do know the rules of debate and I can explain evolution in fifty words or less (okay, maybe not fifty, but definitely not more than 100), I don't know the Laws of Thermodynamics XD  

CaprinaePsi

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:12 pm
Scientific Atheist
92%
Spiritual Atheist
92%
Agnostic
75%
Apathetic Atheist
67%
Angry Atheist
50%
Militant Atheist
50%
Theist
25%

That was kind of fun. XD I think it's pretty accurate, too.  
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:27 am
You scored as a Apathetic Atheist
Apathetic Atheist
92%
Spiritual Atheist
75%
Angry Atheist
75%
Scientific Atheist
67%
Militant Atheist
58%
Agnostic
42%
Theist
0%

Funny, I feel more like a Militant Atheist, but whatever.  

Kidrahs

JadeDragonSoul

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:54 am
I got an agnostic. I didn't know some of the people mentioned. Some of the questions where a little silly, since they had to do with religion and its followers as if it where the same thing. I can empathize with followers; some people see religion as their only hope. I'm not going to bash a beleiver. On the other hand I think religion is one of the worst man made things on this planet. So I'd have to call myself somewhat of a "scientific atheist".  
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:55 pm
I got apathetic. :3

Mule 0_o

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:43 pm
JadeDragonSoul
I can empathize with followers; some people see religion as their only hope. I'm not going to bash a beleiver. On the other hand I think religion is one of the worst man made things on this planet. So I'd have to call myself somewhat of a "scientific atheist".
I agree. XD

Religion was my crutch that got me through a pretty severe depression in high school. It was all I thought I had, and it got me through a very difficult time. At the same time, though, I got so deeply embedded in it that it caused me loads of problems later on. I won't knock it for someone who wants to believe, unless they become fanatical and stupid about it.  
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:33 pm
Scientific Atheist
92%
Militant Atheist
83%
Angry Atheist
75%
Spiritual Atheist
75%
Apathetic Atheist
67%
Agnostic
50%
Theist
8%  

-GS-Sailor Nemesis

hagane danbira

6,150 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 2:02 am
Militant and Angry. When you're a member of a group that makes up less than a percentage of a city, you kind of get up in arms about your religion.  
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:38 pm
Scientific Atheist
83%
Agnostic
75%
Apathetic Atheist
75%
Spiritual Atheist
42%
Angry Atheist
25%
Militant Atheist
25%
Theist
8%  

EmmaRaikou

Sanddru

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 2:44 pm
You scored as a Agnostic
Agnostics consider the possibility that they may be wrong about God's existence, no matter which side of the fence they stand on. Always willing to objectively evaluate the most ridiculous proof, nevertheless, these guys are skeptics of the Nth degree.

Agnostic 83%

Spiritual Atheist 75%

Scientific Atheist 58%

Apathetic Atheist 50%

Theist 42%

Militant Atheist 8%

Angry Atheist 0%

It's pretty much correct. While I am an atheist I will never claim to know for sure whether there are any gods or goddesses, and if I find myself convinced then I will have no problem with converting.
I just wont blindly convert to something just because other people tell me to, I need a personal experience with the god/goddess of that religion to be able to convert.

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff