Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimberly Adams

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:05 pm
Okay. So I've got a problem here... I just learned that a friend of mine knows somebody called Kimberly Stone, so I need to change my pen name. I really like the name Kimberly, especially because I have fond memories that include the name Kimberly, so I want to keep that part. Does anyone have suggestions for a last name that isn't so common?

P.S.

What's your pen name???  
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:01 am
I don't have a pen name, although I've been trying to think of one for myself for a long time. I think that the best pen names are the ones you can trace back to the actual author by some complicated path. Like, if the letters of the author's real name are rearranged or if they use other languages to twist their actual name. I don't really have any specific suggestions though...  

penandpaper67
Captain

XGamerRichy

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:03 pm
Well, I think I'd be safe with my actual name, because there are NO authors with my name... So yeah. At least I don't think there are...

EDIT: There aren't, I checked on Wikipedia.  
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:25 pm
Well, it isn't like there are any authors with my name... Granted, two advice columns' authors' names merged make my real name, but... You see, I don't want a whole lot of publicity in my life, if I ever publish something that becomes famous even a smidgen of a bit... I'd prefer to have to seperate people to live as: the author, the... me...

What do people think of Kimberly Canna?

...I just skimmed through the dictionary and found that word. It means a tropical herb...  

Kimberly Adams

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Gaian 50

XGamerRichy

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:17 am
I think that sounds nice! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:43 pm
Okay, then! Kimberly Canna it is!!! Look out for me on the bestseller shelves of bookstores!

wink xp razz biggrin whee 4laugh 3nodding

biggrin smile redface crying stare xd 3nodding blaugh gonk scream stressed sweatdrop heart domokun xp whee wink sad surprised eek confused cool lol mad razz cry evil twisted rolleyes exclaim question idea arrow neutral mrgreen ninja 4laugh rofl talk2hand burning_eyes cheese_whine dramallama wahmbulance emo

I think I went a little crazy on the emoticons...  

Kimberly Adams

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Gaian 50

Earthest

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:33 pm
I would want my pen name to have either Beatrice or Messina because of my favorite Shakespeare play, Much Ado About Nothing. But I'm still not sure what I want my pen name to be. But I'm keeping my options open. And I do like Kimberly Canna. It is a really good name. Very pretty.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:22 am
Canna sounds great! I'm trying to think of a pen name for myself too, and I know how hard it is. I think I'm gonna go with a name I came up with by scrambling the letters of my real name....  

Crystal_rose777

Hikeriko

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:54 pm
I haven't really picked a pen name yet. I've been debating between like three.

If you're looking for a good last name but can't think of one you can try going to http://www.last-names.net. It's a nice database of last names. You can search by letter of by region.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:53 pm
Kimberly Adams
Okay. So I've got a problem here... I just learned that a friend of mine knows somebody called Kimberly Stone, so I need to change my pen name. I really like the name Kimberly, especially because I have fond memories that include the name Kimberly, so I want to keep that part. Does anyone have suggestions for a last name that isn't so common?

P.S.

What's your pen name???

I think the second part should be something that represents sort of a 'who you are' factor.
for example: my pen name is my gaia screen name. It used to be one long random word, but in a puzzle room a friend referred to me as "lakita" and I kind of liked the sound of it; later I put "phoenix" because it represented my spirit, no matter how many times I'm pushed down I always have the love of my friends to help me back up, so I rise like a phoenix.
plus it just sounds awesome! whee  

lakita_phoenix

Jak the Bard

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:14 am
I think that "Kimberly no Soru" sounds better. My penname is Iceberg Baenre, so I'm used to the ridiculous comments.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:23 am
I've already decided my pen name: Christine Ewatt. haha. I like Kimberly Canna.

P.S. My pen name has a reason. And yes, I made up the last name.  

Marshy82

Priestess of Neptune
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:38 pm
A pen name should be a very personal thing, which nobody can make for you. It is your own interpretation of yourself. I personally dislike Canna, because it sounds very much like cannabis. Not that it does imply such, but because some not-so-intelligent person might think it does. Also, you cannot look up what you mean to yourself in a dictionary. Chances are if you don't (or didn't) know what it means, it probably isn't you.

EDIT: phoenix, I just read your post; sorry to repeat what you said, but i think i'll leave my wordage up anyway.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:25 pm
Mine is Kurayami Kunshu (or Kunshu Kurayami -- Japanese names are backwards, you know). I came up with it for an rpg several years ago, and it kind of stuck. I really like the way it sounds and it seems like 'me.'

So, as has been stated above, you need to pick something that is you; a name that you identify with and would feel comfortable being known by.

Also, internet names tend to be much different than real pen-names. People will often choose extremely outlandish names to write under on the internet which they would not feel comfortable using for real books. Just something to keep in mind.

Shinokamen

Chetri

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:54 am
I agree that you should always find a pen name that suits you personally. However, I also looked up the canna flowers and I must say they are striking in beauty and simplicity. So canna is a fine name in my book. But that doesn't really say much about my taste, after all, my pen is T. F. Carrot.  
The Ideas Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff