Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Why Can't There Be A Hell?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

"Hell-achu, I choose you!"
  I can relate.
  That's something I do daily!
  It'd be nice.
  Nope, can't say I have.
  I'd never wish something that awful on anyone.
  I never have before, but I'm gonna start!
View Results

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:09 pm
Bare with me people.

When someone who obvioulsy shouldn't be living is making your life harder than pouring salt in your own eyes, do you ever find yourself wishing there was a hell?

Just a hell, not god, not the devil, just a hell.

I do! ALLTHEFUGGINTIME!

Everyone once in a while people piss me off or hurt me so bad that I practically fall to my knees, clasps my hands and say "Please, please let me be wrong, and let there be a horrible horrible place of pain and suffering ETERNAL for all the horrible horrible people to burn and rot in agonizing pain unimaginable FOREVAH!"

Am I alone on this?
ninja  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:17 pm
Avoir Le Retour...
You're not alone, friend. I find myself wishing that, or something like that, all the time. But, still, even while I may find myself wanting that (though it doesn't usually last a while), I then turn to rationality, which basically just tells me otherwise. I just don't believe there could be one to begin with.
...Les Adieux

Aaron Lee Morrison

Retarted Musician

4,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:17 pm
Um... I think so... I know I really don't feel like that...

But sometimes I wish that there was someone I could ask, "Why? Why did that just happen?" ... but I'm a really nice person, so I guess I never really get that really pissed at people...

-shrug-

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:29 pm
Nah, I don't mean I believe in it, and I wou;dn't want there to be. At least, most of the time I don't. xp  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

WritelySo

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 3:40 pm
As Sartre said: "Hell is other people." Heh.  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 1:37 am
Back when I was still riding the fence, yeah, I really wished that my fellow man would burn in the abyss for the rest of eternity. But now, my mind turns to pain and suffering during their lifetimes. Mostly small stuff: having someone run a grocery cart into their car, falling flat on their face in public, getting harassed by a biker, etc. I like to call it wishing for karma.  

hagane danbira

6,150 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:43 am
"Wishing for karma" is a nice way to put it. I can definitely relate to THAT. XD I wish things like that on people who act like asshats quite frequently. razz  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:23 pm
To me, hell is more of a state of the world rather than a supernatural domain. It might as well be, seeing as the hand basket has already been picked out.

More on topic: yes, sometimes, I regret not believing in a hell (or karma), just so that the person who pissed me off would know the meaning of the words "pay back."  

CaprinaePsi

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:47 pm
Dathu? What are you talking about? We do have a hell, it's called DMV.

Joking aside...yeah there are times I wish there was a place of eternal suffering for people who should have been swallowed but I just settle with the notion that people will get what is coming to them eventually.

The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games