Welcome to Gaia! ::

All Plays Role Playing Guild ::: With posts over 9000!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

Reply Role Playing Stage (This is where the Role Plays take place)
Waffle House Homecoming (Accepting, need 3)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeHsChNoZbErRy

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:10 pm
User Image
ToC
The Jukebox
Story
Characters
Menu
How to deal with a customer (and your boss)

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:11 pm
User Image
Behind the counter a waitress pours coffee
Her smile is as warm as this Waffle House
She speaks in tongues
and smacks her gum
She says 'Boys, I'd rather be somewhere else'
The cook wipes his hands on a dirty brown apron
Composes his head with a pocket comb
And the stale smoke still hangs in the air
From a stampede of drunks who've all gone home
We break down the stage and carve our name into another night
I could say more than this postcard gives me room to write
Greetings from the verge of daylight
The truckers sit, sipping their sleep away
Getting ready for the long haul
As we stare at the menus that never change
Clay orders his usual
She starts to wipe tables, he starts the stove
and the both fade into the unseen
And the fluorescent moon that hangs above us
Becomes the light by which we all dream... (and we dream)
The verge of daylight
Waffle House Homecoming by the Josh Joplin Band

TeHsChNoZbErRy

TeHsChNoZbErRy

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:13 pm
User Image

Georgia! The Peach State, Empire State of the South!

Quiz: What fantastic company came from Georgia? (Avondale Estates, Georgia to be exact)

Yeah! Coke... that came from Atlanta... think of a different one...

That's right!

The Waffle House.

Have you ever been to Atlanta? Because Waffle Houses are everywhere! If you're a kid who lives in Atlanta, you HAVE to eat at Waffle House at least once. Its part of the experience of growing up there.

You walk in... in front of you in a jukebox and next to it is a newspaper tray, but you can't see that yet. A little further are a few booths. To your right is the counter, there's a booth by that too, along with a line of chairs. You turn and look at the counter, and to your left are more chairs and booths, then a hallway that leads to the bathroom.

This is where our friends spent their Saturday nights.

They all lived near the Waffle House, and consequently each other. It was a friendship of convenience, because they could meet up there and then head out. But it grew to so much more than that.

They became true friends, and some even fell in love with one of the others. It couldn't last though...

They were all going off to different colleges, different lives, different cities. One girl stayed behind through the year they were gone.

The next summer they came back. But to the girl they were completely different people.

This is where our story begins kids.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:15 pm
User Image

The Artist: You do know that Georgia has cranked out plenty of good artists right? Well this little Missy is one of them! She went to a fantastic art school in Boston! Her family's rich, so she lived the furthest away from the Waffle House, but not far enough to escape the lure of the big yellow sign. So she went there a lot, and ran into the others.

The Musician: REM, Josh Joplin Group, The B-52s all came from Georgia! This boy is on his way up too. He's just come back from good ol' California, all tanned and nice. He lived right next to the Waffle House, so he walked there nearly every day. Sometimes he'd bring his guitar along and play for the employees and customers.

The Politician: He's a smart guy. He plans on being president one day, and some people think he might just succeed. He's just come back from Harvard and he isn't less good looking. He's charming, he's sneaky, and he lived down the street from the Waffle House. His family was wealthy like the Artist's and he always took the group's checks.

The Southern Belle: She's the sweet one. She's the pretty southern girl who's smarter than she looks... and acts. Her father runs the Waffle House, and she lives right across the street from it. She works part time there as a waitress, and went to college in Atlanta. She hasn't changed in the year that the group has been separated, so how will she react when the people come back with a whole new pack of ideas and plans for their lives?

TeHsChNoZbErRy

TeHsChNoZbErRy

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:21 pm
User Image

Fill this out! Bold and color as yah please ^.^
Hey y'all, my name is (name)
And I'm (age, preferably 19-20)
Oh, like the nametag? It says (Role)
My life? Well... (bio)
It's made me (personality)
Any friends that I liked? (crush)
And a picture? Sure! Here.
(pic)

Hey y'all, my name is Charline 'Charlie' Johnson
And I'm 19 years old.
Oh, like the nametag? It says the Southern Belle
My life? Well... my life has been pretty nice. I've grown up in a nice happy family of five, and I help out of my dad's Waffle House. My brother's the cook, and my baby sister doesn't have a job there yet. She's only thirteen. I worked there most Saturdays, so I didn't go to many parties. But there were other kids like me who didn't go, although it probably wasn't because of their jobs, because they were at a Waffle House! They came at different times, but eventually they came at the same times. It was weird, because we all started talking. My dad hired another girl, and I was allowed more breaks. So I talked to the kids. It was really fun! But last year they went away, and I'm stuck here going to college and working at my dad's Waffle House...
It's made me outgoing. I make friends easily, and I have the best smile south of the Mason-Dixie Line! I can cook really well, and I make the best grits y'all have ever tasted! I'd rather eat here than at one of those fancy restaurants. My boyfriend, Dave, doesn't seen to understand this, because he takes me out all the time! The Melting Pot, J Christophers, it gets annoying having to dress up every Friday night just for him.
Any friends that I liked? Well... I did have a crush on the Musician for a while, but I'm dating someone else.
And a picture? Sure! Here. Not my best, just me hanging out at The Musician's place.
User Image

Hey y'all, my name is Tobias (Toby) O'Brien
And I'm 20
Oh, like the nametag? It says the Politician
My life? Well... It's been a wild ride. I'm busy as hell with college, didn't spend my time partying (like some people I know). My parents raised me with money, I grew up living the good life. Can't cook worth crap, I haven't had a girlfriend in for EVER, but... Well, I can't wait for another fifteen years. Then, I'll be prez, and you all will be answering to me. Didn't work much through college, Mom and Dad kindly covered all the expenses... Just for their little bugger of a politician, I suppose.... But I can't say I've got a problem with it. I like being loudmouthed. Would you believe I grew up as the quiet, insignificant one? Lots has changed since then, that's for sure. CHECK OUT MY TAN!
It's made me cocky, but intelligent. I'll have a battle of wits with you, prove you wrong, AND win a debate, all at the same time.
Any friends that I liked? I always like our little Southern Bell. But she'd never love a fella like me.
And a picture? Sure! Here.
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:49 pm
"It's too early." Tobias grumbled, arms crossed as he stared down at the menu. He'd eaten there a thousand times, the menu hadn't really changed. Brushing his blonde hair out of his gray eyes, he yawned. "Even for a politician. You guys should realize that if it weren't you, I literally would be in my bed back in Cali, asleep. I would NOT be out of my apartment." He'd been living off of campus since starting college, finding the dorms the most disgusting thing since the dawn of creation. Sharing a shower with God knows who? NOT HIS CUP OF TEA.

((Bleh. Brain dead))  

poachel_queen

TeHsChNoZbErRy

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:10 pm
Charlie grinned, passing him some coffee. "Why thank you, nice to know that we influence your life so."  
Role Playing Stage (This is where the Role Plays take place)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games