Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lostt Eviie

3,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:38 pm
This is a short story I wrote in middle school. All the names have been changed. It kind of sucks if you ask me. I want feedback! Part of it is based in a true thing that happened to me. I only wish "Casey" got yelled at.

I slammed my bedroom door behind me. “I cannot believe her!!!!” I yelled into the phone. “She’s got nerve but no guts!! That doesn’t even make any sense at all! Why does she want to copy off me? I mean, it’s seriously not going to help her!!! At least, it won’t for the future. She won’t even stop talking to me! I ignore her but she’s the ‘Chatty Cathy.’”
“Tell the teacher that Casey won’t stop copying,” my friend Myna said.
“It’s not that easy! How do I prove it? Invent a teeny tiny camera and plant it on my body? Plus, I’m not the person to yell at someone who really gets me stressed.”
“Who said anything about yelling?”
“Never mind. See ya tomorrow at school.”
“Bye.”
I threw the phone on my bed. Exasperated, I threw my pillow at the door. Casey had been annoying since I was in 6th grade. I could compare her to Britney Spears. Britney Spears was a “wanna-be #1 rock star” and Casey was a “wanna-be popular.”
The next day I woke up early dreading science class. As science finally came, I saw Casey just standing in the crowd. Then she became all bubbly when she saw me.
“God help me!” I silently prayed.
When it came time to finish the “Data Analysis” questions on the lab the class has just done, I saw out of the corner of my eye, Casey straightening herself so she could get tall enough to see my answers. I lifted my head up and glanced at her. She smiled an innocent smile and I answered by covering my paper with my binder, giving a far off stare and a subtle eye-roll.
After school, I came out of the fine arts hallway and just like that Casey was waiting for me.
“Hey Eve. What a coincidence!” Casey greeted.
“Hi yourself,” I greeted back bitterly.
“Gosh, Eve! Don’t be so mean!” joked Casey.
That’s when I completely lost it. You could literally say that exploded because I was steaming.
“I know that you’re implying sarcasm, but what if I’m being mean because I don’t like you and your pompous personality?”
“Ha ha! Very funny! What’s pompous anyway?”
“Pompous means haughty and I’m not joking! Everyday in science you copy off my paper! I try to signal you to stop doing it. It’s not going to help you any! I don’t care if your science grades are exemplary or whatever. That greatness is going to fall once you stop copying. Don’t socialize with me again. In other words, ‘Buzz off.’”
I turned around to leave but then I remembered something else. “Oh, I almost forgot. Point 1: don’t be so hypocritical. Remember that time when Jeremy said his test grade was bad because the question he missed was so easy? You said that he was bragging. I figured that you got a lower grade because sometimes when you got a lower grade you disliked, you’d lie about it. One, lying gets you nowhere. Two, it sucks to lie on something that you get an A minus on. You should be proud of that. Point 2: stop being such a wanna-be. Bye!”
As I walked away, I heard Casey sobbing. Maybe I really was mean because I didn’t really care that I had caused her pain. To me, she deserved it so she got it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:48 am
Gee that Casey bird sounds well annoying. I hate it when people copy you....its almost like an educational invasion of work privacy!  

Propaganda X

Writing: Prose

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff