Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Prince Caspian Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slight Spoilers Below
  And some minor ranting...
View Results

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:33 pm
Okay, what the heck is the point of adding romance to an already good story? Seriously, you don't have to screw with it just to make it more "popular."

I've had a crush on Caspian longer than Susan's actress has been alive. He's my guy with a totally sexy accent. xp Mine. stare I used to feel sorry for Susan, since she was the only one who never went back eventually. But now, I revel in it. She ain't comming back. xp xp

*cough*

Sorry. I did enjoy the movie, if you cut out certain scenes... Reepicheep rocks my socks off. Now I'm going to go sleep though, since going to the midnight showing left me with only 2 hours of sleep before dealing with high schoolers. stare  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:56 pm
I don't remember if I've read the book xd I really want to see the movie though ^^ I love Narnia hehe. I think the last book I read was the Dawn Treader... I don't remember since it's been so long though sad  

churrlo

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:08 pm
Hm... I have read Prince Caspian, but there's a reason I don't see movies based on books. The book is so much better. wink  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:12 pm
D: So you're not going to see it?  

churrlo

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:22 pm
churrlo
D: So you're not going to see it?

Honestly, I don't know... I might rent it in the future, but movies are so expensive, and the two days I have off, one is 'gather groceries' and the other is 'I don't feel like walking anywhere today'. sad

And when the two-syllable word budget appears in my head... scream  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:46 pm
~I can slay my own dragons, I can dream my own dreams.~

It's worth seeing at least once. At least, from the female perspective of Caspian having a sexy accent. xd

~My knight in shining armor is me.~

SorrowDragon

churrlo

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:22 pm
I could get the pirate version in Mexico for like 2 bucks xd It's more worth it ^^  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:38 am
churrlo
I could get the pirate version in Mexico for like 2 bucks xd It's more worth it ^^

That -would- be more worth it... in some sort of way. Less expensive, I suppose. I'd just need to find time to see it. With me being sick I can't see myself having much time in the near future. sad  

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:46 am
Please be careful with the spoilers guys, some of us live in countries where cinema releases take forever. sweatdrop

I can't wait to see it, I get the feeling it's a 'big screen' kind of movie. XD

PL  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:13 pm
I can't wait to see the movie, I think it's really good *nodnod*
(And Prince Caspian is quite hot X3 <3 )

(Though they won't start showing it in Sweden 'till June... T _ T )

Monsieur Gaylord

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 9:20 pm
~I can slay my own dragons, I can dream my own dreams.~

I did say there would be spoilers in the poll, so no complaining. xd

~My knight in shining armor is me.~

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 4:38 pm
Pilot, I don't see how it takes longer to come out in the UK D: Does it get tied up in translation or something?! D:< Cause we don't speak the same language or anything D:  

churrlo

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:50 am
Look, there is such a thing as poetic license when it comes to movies and if the copyright holders didn't like the romantic interest added, they could have forced the scenes removed. To be honest, I want to see it and see if the romance adds to the story and fits the plot. If so, then it's ok, if not, I can come back and rant.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:46 pm
churrlo
Pilot, I don't see how it takes longer to come out in the UK D: Does it get tied up in translation or something?! D:< Cause we don't speak the same language or anything D:

rofl That made me laugh.

And as for romance... some movies can do it. Others can't. For this one... I don't think it should. It's a classic; not something you want to see re-made into some fairy-tale thing that looks appealing to young kids.  

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:59 pm
I just have this thing against romance in general. I'm always out to prove that you can make a good story without it. Cause it's like... every movie/novel now has to have it in some form or other. So when they do come out with something that doesn't have romance, it's a bit more interesting to me.

On the opposite end, when they add romance to a story that did perfectly well without it, I get very annoyed. So that's probably much more the root of my annoyance... But it's still annoying otherwise too. xd

I was actually inclined to like the movie before they did that, even with the whole extra battle they added. sweatdrop  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff