Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
I am so glad the girls' prom is over... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

proms are nice.....
  but very hectic
View Results

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 9:57 pm
Now I can relax and get some much needed rest.

I am so glad the shops now have these lovely stress-free candles and we gaians can get a refreshing shower and just chill out for a while.  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:11 am
I'm just thinking back to my last year of high school...

Yep, I was the only guy on prom committee. Of a class of 47, 8 girls and 1 guy were considered 'members'. I wasn't able to attend any meetings though since I was a member of Student Council (Council Public Relations Officer) and I was the highest-ranked Cadet, meaning I was doing a lot of things pertaining to that.

Eventually we decided on a James Bond theme (007) and I helped a bit with decorations. It -was- a bit stressful (mainly because Council meetings plus cadet stuff plus prom stuff plus safegrad...), but I can't imagine what parents go through.  

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:25 pm
~I can slay my own dragons, I can dream my own dreams.~

xd Love your avi, rita. Just sit back and relax!

~My knight in shining armor is me.~

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 4:39 pm
Yay relaxation blaugh I have to get ready for Baccalaureate and Graduation now ^_^  

churrlo

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:43 am
Senior breakfast and graduation rehearsal are 6/4

Graduation is sunday 6/8

I just was informed that my daughter, Tohma, is being invited to honor's night because she got a scholarship  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:00 pm
At my school everyone goes to Honors' day, regardless. I got quite a few awards ^^ I got the Perfect Attendance Award, Most Outstanding Japanese Senior, and I MIGHT be getting a Kiwanis medal but I'm not sure of that. I'm supposed to have 10 service hours but I only have like... 9 right now >.> So I gotta pull an hour out of my a** xd

My senior trip is tomorrow! We're going to Santa Claus, IN hehe. We'll be going to Holiday World! heart My senior breakfast is Wednesday at 9 am ^^ And my Baccalaureate is that same day, except it's at 8 pm. I graduate the 23rd ^_^

Congrats to your daughter mamarita heart  

churrlo

Izzy Fizz

5,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:38 pm
I'm graduating the 30th of May. D:

I don't know how, but I got the highest GPA in my school. O.o I just do work, to get it done with and get A's. :]

I hate sitting through long hours of people getting called at the ceremony. (I had to go to my friends)

So I have a long, uncomfortable sit outside on hard, wooden chairs. DX  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:19 pm
Congratulations! So are you the Valedictorian? ^^ I'm just in the Top 10 hehe, I don't know my actual number yet though.  

churrlo

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:54 pm

If I had anything better to do, I'd skip graduation on the 23rd. xp

I skipped a snow make-up day that was 3 days after what was supposed to be the last day of school in Jr. High... >.> It's not like it was going to be even remotely worth my time anyway.

My birthday up until that year had always been right after school ended, I was like 12 or something (7th grade... so... I dunno you do the math)... sweatdrop

But for that past few years I've done nothing, so if Grad falls on May 23rd I'd probably go, unless I wanted to sleep that badly. xd

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:46 am
Why skip graduation? xd You get your diploma! It's important blaugh I also have to do some part during the ceremony hehe. So I have to be there since I was Top Ten. We have Project Graduation after it too blaugh 10:30 - 6 am w00t. I'll be dead the next day haha  

churrlo

Izzy Fizz

5,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:30 pm
I guess I am. XD.

I have to help set up a lot of chairs too. D:  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:32 pm
I graduated the 11th.  

Aceys Son - Soul Nommer

Friendly Streaker

9,325 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:09 pm
I was supposed to get two scholarships for this year of university... having received two medals in Cadets and being the only person who was elligible to attend university, I was the only one able to apply for the $1000 cadet scholarship. The reason I didn't get it? They abolished the scholarship literally months before I was scheduled to graduate.

So... I got a $150 scholarship from the school... which didn't pay anything. So I'm saving up money from this job to get to school. My grandfather's paying a fair amount as well. Without his support, though, I'd be at $12000 a year in loans, not including food. So, it makes me appreciative.  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:24 pm
NeoTsure
I was supposed to get two scholarships for this year of university... having received two medals in Cadets and being the only person who was elligible to attend university, I was the only one able to apply for the $1000 cadet scholarship. The reason I didn't get it? They abolished the scholarship literally months before I was scheduled to graduate.

So... I got a $150 scholarship from the school... which didn't pay anything. So I'm saving up money from this job to get to school. My grandfather's paying a fair amount as well. Without his support, though, I'd be at $12000 a year in loans, not including food. So, it makes me appreciative.

You do know that there are scholarships for everything, right? I'm not sure what Cadets are, but putting that on college apps or other scholarship apps might help you get school or other scholarships.
Scholarship for going to college instate, scholarships just for being an out-of-state student... seriously, anything.

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

churrlo

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:40 am
OO that's horrible! I would file a major complaint honestly. I'm getting like... 4 scholarships totaling around $6,500. It'll pay most of my tuition at my university. Graduation is in 1 day!! biggrin  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff