Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Where is Capcom taking this? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Resident Evil is
  Going down the toilet quickly, but the classics are still just that: Classic.
  Getting better and better with every game.
View Results

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:30 am
The zombies run now. That's not even frickn scary just annoying, and I don't see them just going back to 'tasty- itchy' partly because I'm not sure how you'd do that with a plausible plot line.
Obviously they aren't in RE5 and they're sticking with this God forsaken first-third person limbo system. confused
I know this probably sounds dumb, but it's making me kind of sad. This is my childhood going up in flames. sad

So I'm asking your opinions. They're more than welcome.
Also, If you can persuade me to accept the new REs then feel free to try. But I'm not easily persuaded eventhough, at times like this, I wish I were.  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:06 pm
I don't know if this thread is necessary, but I won't be closing it, simply because of how much I agree with you.
I pawned of my Resident Evil 4, I will be selling my Wii and getting rid of my Umbrella Chronicles, and I won't be touching Degeneration or RE5 with a 10 foot pole.

I am isolating myself from any future RE games. Capcom almost ruined the series in my eyes, and I bet if I watch Degeneration, I'll have a hard time playing any RE game ever again, so I'm going on a complete isolation.

I'm just pretending like they ended the series with RE0.  

Biohazard EXTREME

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:58 pm
I'm not sure how necessary it was either so thank you for not closing. If you feel that it's so void that it shouldn't be a thread then I'm cool if you remove it. I respect my superiors. xp

Sorry for my ranting by the way, it just kills me. You have no idea... or maybe you do since you agree so strongly.  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:05 pm
Believe you me. I know exactly how you feel.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Vankala

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:34 pm
Yea, alot of us know exactly how you feel.  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:20 pm
Which is why we try to keep RE4 fanboys/fangirls out. I mean, I don't care if the person likes RE4, but it IS gonna get ridiculed in this thread. A lot. And many RE4 fanboys/fangirls just can't handle that, which sparks flamewars. We're essentially preventing problems.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Vankala

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:09 pm
Yes, the fanboys/fangirls try so hard to convince us that its a great game and all that junk. XP  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:00 pm
Agreed. Although some parts of UC are still fun to play so I'm keeping it. xd I just can't get rid of my games... not at GameStop, at least. Bleh. I could sell RE4 to a fanboy/girl for like a hundred bucks just so they could add it to their collection. I will see Degeneration though. I'm a sucker for action movies.

I hope everyone got that...  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:10 pm
Well, some parts of UC ARE fun to play. But when it comes down to it... Let's say the only Resident Evil game out for GameCube is Remake... Then I would keep my GameCube JUST FOR Remake. But Umbrella Chronicles is not worth keeping the console for. So obviously, I'll be getting rid of UC as well.

If there was any reason for me to keep the console, then yes, I'd keep UC around and play it without Voice Overs or Subtitles, essentially, purely for the gameplay.

You're weak, Canas. Trust me, if you get rid of your RE4, you would feel very liberated. Much like I was.

But no, I'm keeping the hell away from Degeneration or any other poison Capcom throws at me.  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:14 pm
I understand completely about the fankids. Some of those children are scary obsessed. There'd be like 10 threads all titled "OH MEH GAD! LEON IS SO HAWT!" or "IF U DONT LYKE RESEDINT EVEL 4 U R A LUSER!". Terrible.

RE4 wouldn't be so horrible of a game if it wasn't a part of the RE series. It just seems so irrelevant to me. Like Capcom got bored and pulled something out of their rectum...  

REaceofclubs

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:30 pm
Yeah, well, they already did that, and called it Devil May Cry. DMC originally was going to be Resident Evil 4, but they messed with it so much that they just changed it into a whole new franchise. And that was a smart decision (because Capcom actually made smart decisions back then), but then they did the same thing and said, "Let's just keep it Resident Evil. With Lava pits, evil cults, ancient parasites that have been buried in the ground, and giant ogre-like monsters."  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:50 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Yeah, well, they already did that, and called it Devil May Cry. DMC originally was going to be Resident Evil 4, but they messed with it so much that they just changed it into a whole new franchise. And that was a smart decision (because Capcom actually made smart decisions back then), but then they did the same thing and said, "Let's just keep it Resident Evil. With Lava pits, evil cults, ancient parasites that have been buried in the ground, and giant ogre-like monsters."
Hasn't it already been proven with other franchises by Capcom that they can't make enough smart decisions? Sure, they put out a new thing like DMC, but you also have three cookie-cutter Megaman titles and an Onimusha Blasphemy (Blade Warriors) coming out as well, and after that just sequel after sequel. Honestly, I think what they did with RE4 was smart in terms of making game play innovative, but not in their presentation and story of the game. What always freaked me out about RE was never being able to shoot straight when I was freaked out.  

Vinessa_Valentine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:56 pm
Umm... Do you mean Onimusha Dawn of Dreams? I haven't played Blade Warriors, but from what I heard, it's not like there's a storyline in it...

Anyway, RE4's gameplay wasn't innovative. It was ACTION. It was new FOR HORROR. But if you were to replace Ganados and monsters with like... Soldiers with guns, then that game is a MAJOR step backwards.
Sure, they took a completely different game, put a Resident Evil title on it and you can say, "They revamped the gameplay." But then it's not even horror anymore. It's not improved, it's just different. For the purpose of Resident Evil, a bad kind of different.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:25 am
Exactly. Thank you.

Read somewhere that RE4 was originally too scary so they had to revamp it. The version they actually released was like... the complete opposite. By the way, if this is incorrect, I have no idea where it came from. I'll get to googling right now though.  

REaceofclubs

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:29 am
Well, the original footage looked much scarier. Although it still had that weird black fog, (Lost, anyone?) it still at least had something to do with Progenitor Virus, which means we were at least dealing with good ol' viruses.

As for the too scary thing... Umm... I'm not sure what that means? You're making a horror game, how can ANYTHING be too scary? Oh, that's right... Capcom decided to cater to the mainstream kids, not true horror fans.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff