Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sword of Truth Guild, For Terry Goodkind Fans!

Back to Guilds

"Choose, then. With us or not. But choose this day for all time." 

Tags: truth, sword, richard, series, goodkind 

Reply Legend of the Seeker Discussion
Mini Series Casting: Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How close are the actors to what you imagined?
  Very close!
  Close enough.
  Somewhat close.
  Whomever was in charge of casting should be shot.
View Results

Liz3tt3

Interesting Gaian

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:29 pm
The announcement has been made!
Richard and Kahlan casting announced

It is true. We've had the names for some time now, but were told to hold until ABC/Disney gave the OK...

I was working with Rob, and the writing team yesterday and didn't check to see when the press release was going out... By bad people...sorry...

These are the characters that ABC/Disney has chosen to play Richard and Kahlan.

The Role will be played by Craig Horner, an Australia native, recently co-starred on the Australian series "Blue Water High

Kahlan's role went to Bridget Regan who has stared in such roles as Sex in the city and a recently co-starred in the Broadway comedy "Is He Dead?"

I have the names for several other cast but will be double checking with Rob to see if I can post them now.

Here is the first press release

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i0a20bf2d051d830e2a914614644451f2

Craig Horner, Bridget Regan to star in syndicated series
By Kimberly Nordyke

May 21, 2008, 01:00 AM
NEW ORLEANS -- Craig Horner and Bridget Regan have been tapped to star in Sam Raimi's syndicated series "Wizard's First Rule," which launches in the fall.

The scripted series, an hourlong weekly from Disney-ABC Domestic Television and ABC Studios, is based on Terry Goodkind's book "Wizard's First Rule" and epic fantasy series "The Sword of Truth."

Horner will star as woodsman Richard Cypher, who transforms into a magical leader and joins with a mysterious woman named Kahlan (Regan) to stop a bloodthirsty, sinister tyrant.

Horner, an Australia native, recently co-starred on the Australian series "Blue Water High." Regan recently co-starred in the Broadway comedy "Is He Dead?"

"Wizard's" has been cleared in 95% of the country for its fall launch. Production on the 22 episodes begins this month in New Zealand.

Raimi is executive producing with Robert Tapert, Joshua Donen, Ned Nalle and John Shiban.
Sam Raimi's 'Wizard's' lands leads
Craig Horner, Bridget Regan to star in syndicated series
By Kimberly Nordyke

May 21, 2008, 01:00 AM

NEW ORLEANS -- Craig Horner and Bridget Regan have been tapped to star in Sam Raimi's syndicated series "Wizard's First Rule," which launches in the fall.

The scripted series, an hourlong weekly from Disney-ABC Domestic Television and ABC Studios, is based on Terry Goodkind's book "Wizard's First Rule" and epic fantasy series "The Sword of Truth."

Horner will star as woodsman Richard Cypher, who transforms into a magical leader and joins with a mysterious woman named Kahlan (Regan) to stop a bloodthirsty, sinister tyrant.

Horner, an Australia native, recently co-starred on the Australian series "Blue Water High." Regan recently co-starred in the Broadway comedy "Is He Dead?"

"Wizard's" has been cleared in 95% of the country for its fall launch. Production on the 22 episodes begins this month in New Zealand.

Raimi is executive producing with Robert Tapert, Joshua Donen, Ned Nalle and John Shiban.

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

What do you think of the actors portraying our most beloved characters?  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:44 pm
richard seems cool, but the woman who plays kahlan seems a little bit to old, especially compared to craig who seems youthful and strong, but its not my decision and im sure with terry helping it will be great  

xx Koloblicin xx

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:14 am
They said the same thing in the other SoT guild. :3  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:17 am
The people who chose these actors needs to be shot...... >.>
-sobs- This is all wrong. Kahlan's actress needs to be younger- like in her twenties and Richard's actor needs to be buffer, more broad shouldered. Secondly, Richard had raptor like grey eyes- CONTACT LENSES! and Kahlan had green eyes... I pray to god she wears CONTACT LENSES!.
-sighs and slowly shakes her head- I pray to the gods these people don't mess this series up. With Terry helping, things should be ok.. he knows his characters best- and he knows all the little details.

WEEB_QUEEN

Kawaii Shoujo

13,950 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:44 pm
I nose, me ish disappointed tew... ;-;  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:12 pm
well richard was a big guy but he wasn't huge, i would guess he was like 5'8" because he was slightly taller than kahlan who was a fairly tall woman but not extremly tall, i would guess that ulic and egan would be like 6'8" and most d'Harans would be huge, but this guy seems about right, because you don't have to be buff to be strong he looks like a pretty tough guy, though i agree the woman playing kahlan is too old, i think its a pretty good choice though,

BTW i wish they would make vladimir kulich as Darken rahl, google him hes perfect!  

xx Koloblicin xx

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:27 am
xx Koloblicin xx
well richard was a big guy but he wasn't huge, i would guess he was like 5'8" because he was slightly taller than kahlan who was a fairly tall woman but not extremly tall, i would guess that ulic and egan would be like 6'8" and most d'Harans would be huge, but this guy seems about right, because you don't have to be buff to be strong he looks like a pretty tough guy, though i agree the woman playing kahlan is too old, i think its a pretty good choice though,

BTW i wish they would make vladimir kulich as Darken rahl, google him hes perfect!
Um, that's kinda wrong 'cause in the book it says often that he's a lot taller than most men, and that Ulic and the other are only about half a head taller than him, not to mention that he has very broad shoulder and such, so they needed someone bigger really.  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:25 pm
Galen Zarathustra Kyuss
xx Koloblicin xx

Um, that's kinda wrong 'cause in the book it says often that he's a lot taller than most men, and that Ulic and the other are only about half a head taller than him, not to mention that he has very broad shoulder and such, so they needed someone bigger really.
yeah i guess your right but you haven't really seen this guy comoared to anything that would give you his hieght, he could just seem small in the pictures, and either way its hard to find large actors that are big but not HUGE and in the right age group

btw did you google vladimir?  

xx Koloblicin xx

Sapphire Waterlilly

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:04 pm
I think Richard's Hot  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:53 am
xx Koloblicin xx
Galen Zarathustra Kyuss
xx Koloblicin xx

yeah i guess your right but you haven't really seen this guy comoared to anything that would give you his hieght, he could just seem small in the pictures, and either way its hard to find large actors that are big but not HUGE and in the right age group

btw did you google vladimir?
I dun haves times ta lewk fer stuff! D: I ish buseh!  

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

Liz3tt3

Interesting Gaian

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:20 am
Does anyone here go on the Message Board Forum at TerryGoodkind.com?
If not, you should! There are seven thousand different pictures and videos of the two actors and the more I see of them the more I am agreeable to them as Richard and Kahlan. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:05 pm
Lizette Chan
If not, you should! There are seven thousand different pictures and videos of the two actors and the more I see of them the more I am agreeable to them as Richard and Kahlan. 3nodding
really? or do you just have the hots for craig? hmmmm.....?  

xx Koloblicin xx

Phanari

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:33 am
Who will each person play?  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:19 pm
I think Kahlan is too oldish looking.. and Richard is too young. And less buff. I always imagined him to be.. solid. But I'm not disagreeing with the choices either, because they can make anything look like sex on legs in the movies today. I'm going to be open minded so I don't judge the show before I actually see it. I trust in Terry to know what hes doing.

I also think this is a better picture of Kahlan.

User Image  

sabre_sword
Captain

Liz3tt3

Interesting Gaian

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:26 pm
xx Koloblicin xx
Lizette Chan
really? or do you just have the hots for craig? hmmmm.....?

Well he's not my ideal choice for Richard but I believe he will do the part justice. 3nodding

And no, I don't have a crush on Craig....... yet. twisted  
Legend of the Seeker Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces