Tags: reading, writing, books, roleplay, discussion 

Reply Writing: Prose
I'm Being Followed!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Well?!
  ... Why are you posting this? (... I don't know.)
View Results

SilverLake

Invisible Citizen

9,800 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:03 am
Do you ever get the feeling that no matter where you go your characters are following you or on the other side of the door? Do they even come out to stand right beside you and tell you things about themselves? Do they give you advice on how to live your life? Do you?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:40 pm
Interesting thought . . . but, no.

However, there are many times throughout a day where I notice something I do or someone else does that reminds me of my characters or inspires me to create a new character.

Merenwen99

Dragonfanatic24

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:37 am
Only when I am asleep does that happen to me! sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:43 pm
It happens to me all the time. And it usually happens when I'm not thinking about them at all. For example: I was at the movies with some of my friends and we were watching Ghost Rider. When the shower scene came (the part where Nicholas Cage looks FINE!!!!) out of nowhere (in my mind) my gay character from the book I'm writing (his name is Michael), he says, "If only I could get into a closet with him for 5 minutes." I was shocked and thought to myself, 'Yeah me, too.' Then I was kinda freaked out...is that weird??? Are we crazy???? I hope not, because looking back on it...it was really amazing.  

Earthest

Mishi Love

Benevolent Loiterer

10,275 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:26 am
Never really happens to me, but it'd make a great story. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:54 pm
I don't normally tell people this, but my characters are the ones who write the story. Not physically, of course. They tell me what happens to them, and I write it down. I'm more of a biographer than a fiction writer.

The major novel I'm working on centers around the same characters that I've been using for five years, so I know them very well. They're almost like my friends... no, I'm not crazy...! surprised  

JaelValentine

Writing: Prose

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff