Reply Realistic Fiction
The Earth, My Butt, and Other BIG Round Things Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Amethyst Heaven

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:09 pm
The Earth, My Butt, and Other BIG Round Things by Carolyn Mackler is about a girl who basically thinks she was born into the wrong family and figures out how to overcome it. Has anyone else read it? What did you think?

The discription on the back of the book is:
"Virginia Shreves has a larger-than-average body and a plus-size inferiority complex. She lives on the web, snarfs junk food, and obeys the "Fat Girl Code of Conduct." Then there are the other Shreveses: Mom is an exercise fiend and a successful adolescent psychologist; Dad, when not jet-setting, or golfing in Connecticut, ogles skinny women on TV; and older siblings Byron and Anais are slim, brilliant and impossible to live up to.

Delete Virginia, and the Shreveses are a picture-perfect family....until a phone call changes everything."

It is insanely good, I love it and highly recommend you read it. Vegan Virgin Valentine is also by Carolyn Mackler and also highly recommended.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:27 pm
Lol seems like yet another teen novel written by an adult that's quite inaccurate about how teenagers live. But I'll check it out when I'm bored and have nothing else to do *shrug*  

irock708

Amethyst Heaven

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:04 am
Sure. That's probably why it's interesting to read.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:49 pm
Actually, I hate most books like that, lulz.  

irock708

Realistic Fiction

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces