Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Knitting machine help! Please?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have a knitting machine?
  Yuppers
  Your joking, right?
View Results

Aki Yasu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:01 am
Here is the deal. I recently inhereted a passup duomatic 80 (the green one) and I have no idea how this thing is supposed to work. I got it assembled, but past that, I'm lost. There is no instruction manual, I can't find anything online, and the only thing resembling instructions, that I have been given, look like a bad attempt at pictionary instructions to assemble a bomb or somthing.

Can anyone help me? even a hint? If this is my ninja final, I'm screwed.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:56 am
this is the first thing that popped up. sorry i cant be of more help. http://dancingbarefoot.wordpress.com/2007/10/10/first-attempts-with-the-passap/
First attempts with the Passap « dancingbarefoot

but it seems like a regular knitting matchine, just either contact that blog's author and maybe that person might be able to help.  

Kanhoro

Aki Yasu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:12 pm
I had noticed this blog when looking online. Honestly, you would think there are only a handful of these machines out there, as scarce as information on them is. Thank you for the help, though.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:51 pm
here's the link to youtube where you can find many videos demonstrating how they work. also check ebay for an instruction manual. they look like fun!  

damnatio memoriae

Dapper Dabbler

12,625 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Minyaagar

Eloquent Lover

8,775 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:10 pm

I think my mom has one of those..or something like it.
I could never figure it out either.
Knitting machines are normally used for knitting big pieces, like if you were going to knit a blanket or something that would take forever.
Ugh.
But I do know you have to use certain yarn weights...it can't be thin or chunky or feathery. So...look around before you try it out.
I wish I could be of further assistance.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:25 am
Well, I'm not exactly sure on how to use a knitting machine since i dont have one but if you're looking to buying a new one with a clear instruction manual there is a beginner's one at michaels that i have seen. mrgreen  

ellayaxP

Zahra Ovaci

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:04 pm
They should all work fairly much the same. My old boyfriend's mom had one, and I know that we used them to make Harry Potter scarves back in the day when the first movie came out... We used a worsted weight yarn, which I believe to be standard, and *as far as I can remember*, what you did was thread the yarn on to the carrier (the thingy that goes back and forth over the needles) with all the needles pushed... I think they were pushed forward to start with, and you did one slow, careful pass to cast on, then were able to go with a little more speed on the subsequent knitting rows. I remember that when we were just starting, it was so light that it had a hard time working, so we would hang weights from the end with clothes pins. That's all I can really remember, though - wish I could be more help.  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games