Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Sharon Stone pleased with death of people in earthquake Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kyoslove74

Romantic Prophet

8,500 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:29 pm
This is a link on youtube of her response to the earthquake
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_oNb_EpYdGA

Discuss her response  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:03 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Wtf.

I swear, Imma kick her in the face.

And be like

'No b***h,

THIS IS KARMA. '

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

Chibito7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:18 am
My mum is cursing her right now. xd Ahahaha.

But yeah. It's wrong. You can't mix the two - the Tibetan/Chinese affair, and the earthquake - together. They're separate issues, and I really don't like it when people say China 'deserved' it.

That's just wrong.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:34 pm
Her comment is appropriate for 9-11, not for Si Chuan Earth Quake.  

Etaf Evael

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:55 am
x650863441
Her comment is appropriate for 9-11, not for Si Chuan Earth Quake.

..it's not really appropriate for that, either neutral

No bitching at other countries, please. There are people who would be as offended by that as you are by her original comments.

@original topic: She's a b***h. mad XD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:47 am
@xu:

I'm sorry, it's completely inappropriate. It's unsuitable for all such events. I have to disagree strongly with you on that one. The point is, karma is meant to be 'do something good to someone else and someone will do something good for you' and vice versa. Those innocent people that were killed in the Twin Tower attack - those innocent, innocent people who were killed in the tsunami earthquake, killed in Hurricane Katrina in the New Orleans, killed in this year's Chinese earthquake - they're innocent. And that is why karma could not possibly apply to them. They were all innocent deaths, all unnecessary, and it isn't karma, it's bad luck and the unfairness of the world.

You're basically saying those people who died in 9/11 deserved to die. And that is just as bad as what Sharon Stone said about the Chinese earthquake.

Sharon Stone's comments are not appropriate for events such as these, and should not, therefore, be agreed with so openly. Because it not only offends people, it hurts people's feelings. A lot.  

Chibito7

soumakisa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:59 am
sweatdrop @ Sharon Stone

it is really inappropriate esp, for a public figure to say such offensive remarks.. no one should be happy when natural disaster strikes.. and she shouldnt relate politics with natural disasters..

she's like sterotyping China people as well.. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:59 pm
Well, actually 9/11 is a complicated situation-there's plenty of proof on the internet that the attacks on the World Trade Centre and the Pentagon were actually set up by the US government so that it would have a legitimate excuse to invade the Middle East. Seven years after the attacks, people are still arguing over whether 9/11 was the work of terrorists or the US government, and the truth might never be known. I'm not saying those who died in the attacks deserved it, but the US government can certainly be blamed for what happened in 9/11. After all, terrorist attack or not, it was a man-made disaster that could have been predicted months berfore hand.

With the Earthquake in China, there's no way that innocent Chinese civilians should be held responsible for an even in Tibet that was originally started by Tibetans. And if the earthquake was seen by many radical Left-wing and Right-wing politicans as an act of God to punish China and humiliate it, they are solely mistaken. China has never received as much international goodwill and political support as it is getting now. All the furore surrounding the Olympic Torch relay is past history. By the time the Olympics do roll around, the images we'll be seeing is of a nation united in its struggle to overcome adversity.  

Minielf

Etaf Evael

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:48 pm
I'm sorry for that comment if it offended anyone. Despite the opposition, with the war in Iraq and everything that the U.S. was, and is doing in the Middle East, U.S. calls what they are doing is the right thing to do and is still doing it. One of the groups in Middle-eastern country slashed back at the U.S., and the U.S. calls it terrorism. Does it sound just to any of you that what the U.S. is doing?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:16 am
I agree with you that the US government isn't totally innocent. I wouldn't say 'they had it coming', or that they 'deserved it', but certainly, they haven't done anything to help themselves, and especially the people they're meant to be protecting.

I don't agree with the US's foreign policy, generally. Not that I'm particularly political, or have a sound general knowledge, especially that surrounding America, but that's the vibe I get. To be honest, I don't think our - the British - government is much better. Then again, firstly, I do think politics is a very difficult area, and secondly, I know too little to give a proper opinion anyway. Plus, I understand every government is bound to make mistakes. None of them will ever be perfect. Still... not fond of our government, I have to say. There's always something to complain about. And right now, it seems Gordon Brown is sinking pretty fast...

But anyway, back to the US and China. Putting government and politics aside, I hate it that innocent people's lives are put at risk, that innocent people die, that innocent people lose loved ones, because of natural disasters and problems caused due to conflict. You'd think the world would learn from examples such as the World Wars, but no; we humans continue to fight. It seems to be one of the only things we must do, and it drives me crazy.  

Chibito7

IxianMace

Interstellar Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:02 am
Quote:
"They're not being nice to the Dalai Lama who's a good friend of mine."

So because someone wasn't nice to your friend, people deserve to die in an earthquake? People who have no say or control of the situation? That's as reasonable as me saying that someone wasn't nice to one of my Chinese friends, so I'm going to go out and beat up a few random Americans. rolleyes

Quote:
"And then I got a letter from the Tibetan foundation that they wanted to go and be helpful. And that made me cry. And they asked me if I would write a quote about that and I said I would; that it was a big lesson to me. That sometimes you have to learn to put your head down and be of service even if people who aren't nice to you."

I really disliked her attitude here. Not that I approved of her attitude at all during her little speech, but I was really annoyed how she was taking the moral high ground. China is always being made out to be the aggressor and the one at fault. She spoke as if the 'Tibetan Foundation' was doing China a huge service and made it sound as if China were mean but the Tibetans were being 'nice' anyway. I'm having a lot of trouble believing in the 'authenticity' of the 'goodwill' of this Tibetan Foundation. I'm also suspicious as to why it's even getting a mention in the press. It's all propaganda as far as I'm concerned.

To summarize my reaction to her comments; I thought they would be worse. I didn't like what she said, but I wasn't fuming in anger either. This might be because I'm getting so used to hearing negative press about China that I've pretty much come to expect it. Her comments didn't seem to have much content or argument to them besides the concept of I don't like them so I want/approve bad things to happen to them.

Anyway, I try not to think too much about negative press I hear involving China now. I figure that if I let it all get to me, I'd probably have had a heart attack or a burst blood vessel by now. I'm all for discussion, but it seems a lot of people these days are so full of hate towards China that it's really futile to engage them in any conversation. Which is more than I can say for Sharon Stone.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:22 pm
= =;
she`s a b***h D<

[.Mihiko-chan.]

ninac11

Friendly Friend

7,850 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:58 am
Who is Sharon Stone anyway? Just this actress trying to get attention. Who cares about her opinions? Let's be honest, a Hollywood actress is not exactly the smartest person in the world.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:58 pm
wow... eek

she seemed a lot brighter in her movies...

btw... everyone's so focused on the american gov't. i mean it's like if anything goes wrong, the american gov't is the first to come up as some kind of negative parallel. i understand that we're not the greatest, or well put together gov't in the world, but come on, we're not the only ones screwing up the world talk2hand

xp  

mymiridon

` T a p i o c a `

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:51 pm
I didn't bother watching the video.

Read some article about it on the net and was already too disgusted to even watch or hear her bludy voice =|

People like her make me feel sick.

The fcuking whore.

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas