Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Music Discussion
Does anyone really know what "Emo" is anyway?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pnkrathrt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:30 pm
im new to this guild and i was going through all the posts and people seem confused about what bands are emo and what bands arn't. I've been told that im emo because i listen to MCR and 30 Second to Mars, hawthorne hieghts, korn, the used, mindless self indulgence, cute is what we aim for, panic! at the disco, and so on.... but whats sad is that all these bands got labeled emo because they have wanna be emo fans who didnt know what emo is. all the bands i listed are NOT, repeat NOT emo. emo was a term origionated for the genre of music known as "hardcore mainstream punk". it is true. MCR is not hardcore, its poser skater punk (as much as i love them its true) hawthorne heights and korn would be concidered a couple of those "glamic groups" or soft/glam goth rock, MSI is alternitave goth rock, the rest are scene. scene is not emo. emo is screamo if u will. sorry for the novel, i just wanted to clear the air of a few common misconceptions. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:16 am
Emo is Emotive Hardcore, basically, punks, who were so p***y, that they got kicked out of punk for nancy boys. Screamo is probably the closest thing we have to what the original Emotive Hardcore was.

Its also the movement that spawned two stepping ********, whom if ever seen two stepping at a gig should be laid out and stomped on.

By the way I think you're a little genre confused

MCR = (Shitty) Stadium Rock
Hawthorne Heights = Rock
Korn = NuMetal
Mindless Self indulgence = Punk/Industrial.  

Rellik San
Captain

Music Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces